FA Cup - Steven Bergwijn vs Southampton (H) 5/02 - 19:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Relieved we are still in.

Dele changed the game.

Played much better with a back 4. Allows us to have an extra attacking option up the field.

Also people getting frustrated by the tactics. You've become accustomed to watching poch tactics where we dominate possession, chances, territory etc. We've gone the opposite way and people will just have to get used to it. It's a results business at the end of the day and there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Long gone are the days where we are camped in the opposition box trying to break down a defence. We are the team with the bus now and will play on the counter.

I think people are going to have to stomach performances like today. Even if we are at home playing lower teams. Although I thought we looked like we could create chances.
The tactics work to a degree, but in both the City and Saints matches we could have just as easily lost to 2 or 3 goals. Forming a wagon circle around the 18 yard box and inviting the opposition to take pot shots all evening is not a long term solution to progressing as a team. In addition, any enthusiasm from the crowd and a willingness to back the team vocally will soon evaporate watching turgid defensive shit like yesterday.

Interesting view of the penalty doing the rounds.
Last night, i thought it was pretty soft to be honest,but the angle i have seen this morning ,the keeper grabs his thigh. Still quite soft,but definitely impedes him.

For those of you moaning about being outplayed and this mythical "Tottenham way" horseshit.
How many times in the poch era did teams come sit in against us, when we had 65%+ possession and take points off us? It happened a lot. There is more than one way to play football, Leicester won a title sitting in playing on the break.
I can start to see Joses stamp on this team, I don't give a fuck if we stink the place out and are loathed by the footballing world, providing we win.
What has the Tottenham way won us in the last 30 yrs, it's embarrassing.

Bring on the shithousery and trophies that's what Mourinho is great at.

For those of you moaning about being outplayed and this mythical "Tottenham way" horseshit.
How many times in the poch era did teams come sit in against us, when we had 65%+ possession and take points off us? It happened a lot. There is more than one way to play football, Leicester won a title sitting in playing on the break.
I can start to see Joses stamp on this team, I don't give a fuck if we stink the place out and are loathed by the footballing world, providing we win.

I sort of agree.
But there is room for more than one style and a plan B.
I think we are starting to see that with Jose.

I do love a bit of shithousery though.
Winks on Sunday was sublime.
We are hated by many anyway,we may as well enjoy it.

Love these videos... Mourinho's absolute disgust at their first and I don't think Jan was too convinced it was a penalty...

Great watch!
2 things; Jan looks absolutely raging when Son scored the Pen (what's with the Coat abuse on the chair??)
...and another thing I noticed, Gazza looks like he's trying to 'blow himself' when Moura scores... (bang on 3mins... have a look for yourself!)
Either that or he's ecstatic... probably the 2nd one!

A brilliant insight into the 'inner workings' of the Bench during a match... I'm sure we'll see a lot more of it on the Amazon Docu-soap-opera!

Of late the Redknapp years take some beating.

We had more purpose than any team Poch put out in my humble opinion.

If only we had Kane in that side. We'd have won the league during that period.

We were exceptional.

Yes the thought of Bale and a fit Kane would terrify most teams
The InterMilan home game was fantastic

Was it just before a Spurs corner?
Not sure... it was between both 2nd goals... (Theirs and ours!)
You in the pork pie hat?
Nah, navy blue beanie...
Roughly what time was it.........you don't want to make us watch the whole game again??
76 mins apparently... between their 2nd (hence the anger) and our equaliser...
Had they zoomed in 2mins later, there woulda been a scene of unbridled joy... still, that don't make as good telly as an angry little man in A beanie hat venting some spleen!
...I'm trying to convince myself (and my wife, who has now seen it) that's it's "Just because I care!!"

Hopefully she doesn't pack me off to group anger therapy classes!!

The intention was certainly there, atmosphere pre-game was good walking up to the stadium. Singing in some pubs even could be heard when I walked passed.

It’s just so difficult to get up and excited when all your team has done is won a throw-in. Nothing to really applaud and get the fans going.

Also, really boring when the only thing that gets sung is Oh when the Spurs and that only got sung because Southampton fans started it.

Totally agree re: songs.

Need to dig out some old classics.

+ Virtually none of of our players have songs/chants anymore and those that do rarely get sung.

It used to be a case of any old excuse to sing to a player; now it's more "impress me first".

Remember that FA Cup semi-final against United.......

The point is about modern football rather than Son specifically, I'd consider more than half of most penalties pretty soft.

'Could X have stayed on their feet if they were honest?' is what I always ask myself. Usually they can IMO.

I'm that way too but a lot of it is a byproduct of the fact that unless you 'sell' a foul the refs don't give it.

So he got subbed off in three games?

What about the full games he’s played though: P6 W5 D1 L0?

You haven’t mentioned those stats? You think getting subbed off three times null and voids the 6 full matches he’s played winning 5 and losing zero?

How many games have we lost when he hasn’t played 90? Is it also zero?

You are just picking out the stats you like and ignoring the stats you don’t.

Three games he’s started he’s been so bad he’s been yanked off, two of them in the first half. All of them we were losing by two goals.

The reason he didn’t complete 90 and part of the reason we lost/were losing was because he was so fucking bad.

And that’s why he’s not been starting important games - like man City - until he got a run out tonight for the short blanket 11, another game he starts against an inferior opponent, where we get completely outplayed, concede chances and goals.

Back
Top Bottom