FA Cup - Steven Bergwijn vs Southampton (H) 5/02 - 19:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To my eternal shame.... it seems as though I was 'captured' on BT Sports tonight getting all 'angry' during the game...

...enough people have already text to tell me they've seen it... and it would suggest/make me realise I either need to work on my anger management... or I'm probably not gonna work in Kids tv again after that little 'outburst'!
Was it just before a Spurs corner?

Just on the train home. No idea how we won. 80 mins of truly desperate stuff. Dier is absolutely fucking horrendous. He cannot get above a jog. Much much worse live. Even the tourists next to me were getting annoyed with him.

Son isnt anywhere near his usual self. Tanganga and moura were the only 2 who put in a proper shift. Moura was nonstop. Sensational finish too.

Southampton fans were louder than our entire stadium. About 10 of us in 507 actually singing otherwise library. Funny to see their inbred pikey cunts getting ejected though.

A win is a win. But fuck me it was hard to watch.

Wanted to watch the Son penalty back because I thought the keeper got a touch on the ball and it would be overturned. But if you look at the replay you can see the keeper grabs at Sonny as he goes past him

Freeze frame of the keepers lovely bright pink glove making girls all over the world jealous
The absolute epitome of talking to cover up a fart that was more noisy than expected. Look - over there.

So we're ignoring the three games where he's started but been so fucking bad he's been hauled off (28, 45 and 80 minutes) with us losing by two goals in all them (two of them we lost, one we made a miraculous 4 goal recovery after he'd fucked off) are we?

I'm all for the stats Sammy, but lets do them properly, not make up our own.
When it comes to defending Dier, sammy can be spout loads of nonsense. He thinks the 4 goal recovery after Dier was taken off vs Olympiakos was a Dier 'win'. Fucking retarded.

Dier's main job is preventing goals and he is shit at that. We had barely any of the ball , so its not like Dier's presence had an effect in attack. And his presence certainly didnt make any positive impact in defense either as Southampton had tons of chances and scored two. So was he any good? The answer is no.

Why isnt Dier playing any league games anymore? Because even Mourinho who was his biggest fan has found out how shit he is.

To my eternal shame.... it seems as though I was 'captured' on BT Sports tonight getting all 'angry' during the game...

...enough people have already text to tell me they've seen it... and it would suggest/make me realise I either need to work on my anger management... or I'm probably not gonna work in Kids tv again after that little 'outburst'!
You in the pork pie hat?

Roughly what time was it.........you don't want to make us watch the whole game again??

I really can't see why opposition teams complains when Spurs's finishing is clinical and theirs is rubbish. 2 shots against city 2 goals, 3 shots on target against Southampton 3 goals.

Just on the train home. No idea how we won. 80 mins of truly desperate stuff. Dier is absolutely fucking horrendous. He cannot get above a jog. Much much worse live. Even the tourists next to me were getting annoyed with him.

Son isnt anywhere near his usual self. Tanganga and moura were the only 2 who put in a proper shift. Moura was nonstop. Sensational finish too.

Southampton fans were louder than our entire stadium. About 10 of us in 507 actually singing otherwise library. Funny to see their inbred pikey cunts getting ejected though.

A win is a win. But fuck me it was hard to watch.

Over the last two weeks building up to this game we have lost, Rose, Walker-Peters, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lamela, Kane, Bergwijn couldn't start, no Davies, Dele wasn't match fit that's a massive shake up either to shift players pro-actively, injury wise or because they are ineligible.

Tanganga, Sessegnon, Gedson & Ndombele all still relatively new to the team, Dier clearly not the same player it's a time where we juggle 12-13 different problems and we came through it with the most important thing, a way into the next round.

It wasn't a game where I expected an easy ride, Southampton are a strong and settled team. lost only a couple of games over the last 14-15 I think. 3-2 regardless of how turgid or cumbersome and bumbling it was, I'd take that all day long before the winter break.

Last edited:
What’s going on at the 2 minute mark?? : ostrich:
Do you mean the journalist and his voice? He’s a regular journalist at our press conferences, and I think it’s Jonathan Veal or something like that.

(It’s hard to guess since they don’t show the faces of the ones that ask the question.)

Back
Top Bottom