Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to work yesterday so wasn't able to watch the match. How'd he do? Haven't heard much about his performance.
Good touch and movement and seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.
Looked knackered when subbed off but despite a fairly quiet game, I think you could tell there’s a proper footballer in there.

Had to work yesterday so wasn't able to watch the match. How'd he do? Haven't heard much about his performance.
Virtually anonymous. 7 successful passes. Southampton played with ferocious intensity and he was at sea.

Speaking to Spurs TV, Mourinho said: “It’s not easy. The Portuguese league is played at a different pace and intensity.

“He’s played a different style so it’s not easy to arrive and be ready, especially in a game like this, or Watford. There are short spaces to play, it is very direct.. not easy.

“Portuguese football is more like Spanish football than English football. It was difficult for him, but a good experience.”

Looks calm in possession.

Needs to get involved more though. Still young and inexperienced so I'm not going to bash his performance.

Actually thought he was good off the ball, kept with his runner most of the time. Whilst his sub (Lamela) saw us create the goal, taking him off also saw Southampton dominate midfield and the final quarter of the game.

This is where Ndombele needed to come on or Dier earlier.

OK the Kinks was a non starter. How about another (admittedly South) London artist. Don't know his allegience.

He's a Spurs Man (There's a star man)
The Hammers tried claim (waiting in the sky)
Now Gedson plays in London, (He'd like to come and meet us)
But he chose White Hart Lane! (but he thinks he'd blow our minds)

Bowie flak incoming

You'd expect a new player to have to work hard and impress in training before getting game time, especially one that struggled to play for his previous club. I guess that's not the Mourinho way though

2 games and a 21 year old is getting written off?

Ridiculous.
Where is anyone writing him off?

Could you guys let us know which time frame people have immunity after signing and what ages it applies to?
Does 21 year old Gedson get 4 weeks? 3 months? And during that time can we comment on him in general, or just mention the positives?

Would love some sort of handbook mate.

Can't bring myself to give this an 'agree', but deep in my heart I think that too.
Someone I was talking to said he wasn't keen on the Harry Winks that plays for us, but likes the one that turns up for England, I think I know what he means.
Not sure it’s over for him yet mrs p just not first 11

You'd expect a new player to have to work hard and impress in training before getting game time, especially one that struggled to play for his previous club. I guess that's not the Mourinho way though
Alternatively you expect your manager to sign players that he actually wants to play, rather than leave on the bench for 47 years until they are 'ready'.

Alternatively you expect your manager to sign players that he actually wants to play, rather than leave on the bench for 47 years until they are 'ready'.

It's sticking two fingers up to the players already here though, particularly a player like Skipp. Bringing in a youth player who was struggling to get a game in a lesser league, and playing him straight away without him earning his place on the training pitch. The player himself hasn't justified that decision at all. And the whole business of loaning players is short sighted, we're increasing the value of another team's player while diminishing our own.

Where is anyone writing him off?

Could you guys let us know which time frame people have immunity after signing and what ages it applies to?
Does 21 year old Gedson get 4 weeks? 3 months? And during that time can we comment on him in general, or just mention the positives?

Would love some sort of handbook mate.
31FISWWyqIL._SX343_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom