Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of which, according to that expert on Benfica/Portuguese football that someone posted, are his actual best position which he said was as a kind of box to box CM?

I really hoped he was going to bring something to that midfield void.

we’ve already seen Lo Celso deployed as an AM not asthe 8 I’d hoped.

Lo Celso playing as an AM was predictable - he shone at Betis as an AM but was a bit meh at PSG in CM and was sent to Betis on loan with a relatively low buyout clause which Betis eagerly took up.

And if we play 4231 requiring 4 AM'/forward players we have Son, Dele, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Eriksen (6 including the likely departing Eriksen) so we need Lo Celso playing there.

We can argue about the quality, but at CM we now have Gedson, Ndombele, Winks, Dier, Skipp, Wanyama (although we hop he's on his way) to cover 2 positions, so reasonably well covered.

Lo Celso playing as an AM was predictable - he shone at Betis as an AM but was a bit meh at PSG in CM and was sent to Betis on loan with a relatively low buyout clause which Betis eagerly took up.

And if we play 4231 requiring 4 AM'/forward players we have Son, Dele, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Eriksen (6 including the likely departing Eriksen) so we need Lo Celso playing there.

We can argue about the quality, but at CM we now have Gedson, Ndombele, Winks, Dier, Skipp, Wanyama (although we hop he's on his way) to cover 2 positions, so reasonably well covered.

No, he was very good as a CM at PSG, but just not seen as “star” enough for their model, and I think they thought they’d convince Rabiot to stay (in Lo Celso’s position) and also were desperately stripping their squad of as much FFP ballast they possibly could, after bringing in the likes of Mbappe, Neymar etc

Most observers thought it was an odd call as he’d been good for them and they ended up losing Rabiot anyway.

The Mourinho comments seem to suggest he sees Gedson Fernandes as one of those forward group, that was what worries me.

Bill Nick lived on WHL... but yes, Hazard lived close...
Not forgetting Neil Ruddock, who lived in CHICK KING! (at least he LOOKED like he did!!!!)
When I was a kid I saw david howells shopping in the sainsburys which is now b and m (think it's being knocked down?)

He was doing a weekly shop too with what I presume was his wife so he more than likely lived round there

No, he was very good as a CM at PSG, but just not seen as “star” enough for their model, and I think they thought they’d convince Rabiot to stay (in Lo Celso’s position) and also were desperately stripping their squad of as much FFP ballast they possibly could, after bringing in the likes of Mbappe, Neymar etc

Most observers thought it was an odd call as he’d been good for them and they ended up losing Rabiot anyway.

The Mourinho comments seem to suggest he sees Gedson Fernandes as one of those forward group, that was what worries me.

I think he said Gedson could play RW was to make the point that if Eriksen left and we didn't bring in a replacement, we could still cover when necessary by bringing up from CM.

So far Lo Celso has played AM, and that's where we have gaps so really doubt if Mourhino will play him as a CM - unless Ndombele is out for an extended period and we get in 2 striker/AM/forwards to give us some depth at AM. So your more likely to win the lottery..

BTW, given Mourhino's comments in press conference concerning Lo Celso fatigue after the last match, fully expect him to start on the bench (and one iof reasons Eriksen still playing for us)

We have 2 good box to box players now in Gedson and NDom, but no DM. Desperately need a ball playing DM.

Agree with this. But Ndombele is not a CM.

He should be further forward. His best game for us was against red star at home.

Yo what... How did I miss the news until right fucking now that we've signed this dude?

I thought I had my phone configured to buzz me for all Tottenham transfers??

Looked good, as expected.

Glad he's getting minutes from the get go. Here's hoping he's forced his way into the team within the next few weeks.

Liked him and his cameo. Looked to run into space, didn't do what all of our fucking players seem to do these days and insist onnball to feet, was pro-active, nice touches and has that classy air about him. Good loan move for the money and the initial feeling is he'll be very able in a Spurs shirt.

Back
Top Bottom