Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to Livescore, Tottenham committed 11 fouls and Norwich 7. So either Spurs are a dirty team or referees favour lowly Norwich away at White Hart Lane than Spurs at home.
Plus they got a dodgy penalty the type of which Spurs have not had at all this season.
And people on here defend the FA against their own club. You can't make it up!

According to Livescore, Tottenham committed 11 fouls and Norwich 7. So either Spurs are a dirty team or referees favour lowly Norwich away at White Hart Lane than Spurs at home.
Plus they got a dodgy penalty the type of which Spurs have not had at all this season.

I likened Norwich penalty to the one Harry didn’t get against Newcastle
Something VAR should be sorting out but isn’t

I've just watched the Cantwell foul on Lamela that earned him a yellow. I've seen people say they thought it was a definite red and others saying yellow was right. One thing I know is that he could definitely have not made that follow through and he decided to make impact studs up with a straight leg. It was a pretty similar incident to Juan's red in the Brighton game last year. If the ref calls it as a red in this game there's no way that VAR is over turning it. I think it's one that would have borne the on field ref having a quick check of the monitor (which would be about 10 yards away from the incident and probably saved three minutes of hanging about).

Ok, I’ll take you seriously.

Re: Refereeing decisions Mourinho had it completely right in his post-match presser. Tottenham do not get any luck with decisions. He's not outright calling a conspiracy or agenda, but noting that there are a lot of 'close call' decisions which regularly go against us.

Can't disagree with him if I am honest.

EO7tzoTU0AQlpzH

even 'great' teams need to be greater than the sum of their parts. You piggy-backed off of that to stick the boot in about our recruitment policy.

Well we agree on something! Only I'd add "that need to be constantly reinforced"

Our recruitment policy over the last five years has been derisory including two blank windows.

If we've built on that 2016 team, we wouldn't be here now - with a team that's troubled by Norwich, Middlesborough, Brighton etc.

I've just watched the Cantwell foul on Lamela that earned him a yellow. I've seen people say they thought it was a definite red and others saying yellow was right. One thing I know is that he could definitely have not made that follow through and he decided to make impact studs up with a straight leg. It was a pretty similar incident to Juan's red in the Brighton game last year. If the ref calls it as a red in this game there's no way that VAR is over turning it. I think it's one that would have borne the on field ref having a quick check of the monitor (which would be about 10 yards away from the incident and probably saved three minutes of hanging about).

And pretty similar to Sons challenge on that cheating lying cunt Rudiger

That doesn't prove anything. Maybe we are just stupid and fouling from behind, or Son gets his brain farts, or Gazza does his best martial art impression. I agree there's a lot of 50/50 going against us, but I don't believe in any agenda against us.
I'm not saying there is an agenda, just saying there's a reason people would feel that there is based upon our cards to fouls ratio compared to other clubs. Putting it another way we are ~15th in the league in fouls committed but 3rd in cards received.

Fuck me our forwards are a bunch of fucking bumbling fuckwits.

That last chance when we had a 2 v1 to kill it. Moura only has to play the pass in front of Son and he's clean through in miles of space, but he fucks up that easy pass by under hitting it, then Son bumbles it back to Moura who then has another chance to play Son in, but this time fucking over hits a much shorter pass, forcing Son to bumble it back to the keeper.

It summed up perfectly our forwards. There's nearly always one or two of them fuckbumbling about, but when you have four of them, all with their phasers set to "fuckbumble" at the same time, and there's no Kane out there to break the fucking spell, it's like a headless chicken disco dancing competition.

All these dark whisperings of sinister conspiracies...

Given that its pretty clear that man walked on the moon, jihadists flew planes into the twin towers and vaccinations don't make your children autistic, I think its clear how close to the truth such ideas are

That last chance when we had a 2 v1 to kill it. Moura only has to play the pass in front of Son and he's clean through in miles of space, but he fucks up that easy pass by under hitting it, then Son bumbles it back to Moura who then has another chance to play Son in, but this time fucking over hits a much shorter pass, forcing Son to bumble it back to the keeper.

It summed up perfectly our forwards. There's nearly always one or two of them fuckbumbling about, but when you have four of them, all with their phasers set to "fuckbumble" at the same time, and there's no Kane out there to break the fucking spell, it's like a headless chicken disco dancing competition.

18197267._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

What you’re trying to say is that you really miss Sissoko
You can talk to me
I can help
So can Five!

Back
Top Bottom