Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be opposed if they left Pukki and Aarons behind (on a loan and purchase respectively!).

Glad we got the win. For me that was never a penalty, and I'm not even sure there was actual contact? It's too bad that Hugo didn't get a bit more on it after he was so close to the save.

I though GLC looked great and he seems to really be settling in. The defense is a little shaky at times and of course that's concerning, bit hopefully we can get that sorted.

I don't know who the colour commentator was on my feed here (Bill who used to play for Fulham is all I could gather), but fuck that guy. He seemingly had nothing good to say about Spurs or our players and toe that just doesn't belong in commentary unless you have a Spurs supporter there to balance it off.
Racist!
:) :) :)

City up next. Chin up lads!!!

Mourinho has a decent amount of time to prep for the showdown with Pep.

Without Kane and with new players in the squad we have a certain advantage - City won't know how we will line up or our formation and tactics.

It's is (possible) that we have wanted to keep certain tactics up our sleeve so as not to allow City to prepare.

Our defence has improved with no goals having been conceded from open play in 2 games and our performance against Liverpool was encouraging.

this is the lowest points 4th spot team has achieved at this stage of the season (24 games) ever in the premier league.....shows how shit the majority of the 'big six' clubs have become

I mean theres 11 points between 19th place and 5th.... i think that says it all
Lfc took them all

City up next. Chin up lads!!!

Mourinho has a decent amount of time to prep for the showdown with Pep.

Without Kane and with new players in the squad we have a certain advantage - City won't know how we will line up or our formation and tactics.

It's is (possible) that we have wanted to keep certain tactics up our sleeve so as not to allow City to prepare.

Our defence has improved with no goals having been conceded from open play in 2 games and our performance against Liverpool was encouraging.

Do you use the dark web to purchase your drugs ?

Asking for a friend

So...was interested at the amount of grief deli had on here last night. Wasn't able to watch the game and sounded like he was having a mare. Watched match of the day and they said he was really good and that he had been the most important player in our recent matches and the driving force behind our recent results (lol). Anyways, it made me wonder who was right? The forum or the pundits? (I would say that the forum would be more accurate as a lot of you go to the games week in week out whereas pundits often are watching highlights or 2 or 3 games at a time...pundits also seem to stick to cliches such as eriksen is amazing at free kicks which we all know is nonsense!)

Liverpool are going to win the League in possibly less than 30 GAMES!!!

That's just ridiculous....... They've only dropped 2 points the whole season.

They're good but they're not THAT good..... What a time to have a half decent team when the other 19 turn to shite.

So...was interested at the amount of grief deli had on here last night. Wasn't able to watch the game and sounded like he was having a mare. Watched match of the day and they said he was really good and that he had been the most important player in our recent matches and the driving force behind our recent results (lol). Anyways, it made me wonder who was right? The forum or the pundits? (I would say that the forum would be more accurate as a lot of you go to the games week in week out whereas pundits often are watching highlights or 2 or 3 games at a time...pundits also seem to stick to cliches such as eriksen is amazing at free kicks which we all know is nonsense!)

Pundits were closer to the truth than the forum, imo. We, here, have a tendancy to let previous form cloud our judgement when it comes to criticising players, and Alli has been truly shite recently...pundits more impartial (or supposed to be!).

I thought he done ok.

poor game in many parts last night
Dele back to his flicks that don't come off
Son back to trying to get a shot off most of the time, sometimes he needs to try passing the ball into the net instead of hammering it
when Dier came on what was he doing chasing the ball in their half (he came on as a DM) at the moment we need to be looking at solid defensive unit
Eriksen even weaker in tackle than he has always been (saving himself from injury, can't blame him)
Lucas try's to win headers, but being small there is no direction on the header its just getting his head to the ball
GLC looked V good, & Aurier has improved under Jose (but that's not hard)

I don't have kids but my dogs really like watching football on TV.
My cat enjoyed the second half. Probably all those canaries with the ball. Must say I didn't enjoy it at all, but a win's a win, even if we did struggle against the team that's bottom of the league.

Very few positives, but LoCelso was the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom