Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grim.

That is the word for it.

A fucking grim game. But one with 3 points, and when every other result has gone in our favour.

We look a team devoid of confidence, from misfiring forward players to unsure defenders to a midfield that changes game to game and often relies on in game changes to find its feet.

It wont happen - as Jose pick teams to win individual games, but we desperately need some consistency.

Mourinho keeps complaining about no time to train. Well give them a chance to build something on the pitch by working out your best team and playing them. I understand injuries have fucked us again. People say we have no midfield, but i think he has too many pieces but nothing that really fits the puzzle. Too many players who work better in a three behind the striker and not enough who are at their best playing deep.

Regardless - pick a back 4 and. Pick a central 2 in the middle. And stop playing Erisken. As decisive as opinions are on his influence, hes gone. We need to move on and build confidence in the players who want to be at the club. And that requires minutes.

People are being a bit harsh on the performance. Outside of a dive for a pen, Norwich created shit. 0.6 xGA on 12 shots (2 OT). Even if you take out the Son goal, we still produced a good amount of chances, much better than what Norwich had.

Put Ndombele in mid, free up Lo Celso even more and sit Lucas and we’ve got a good lineup. Add a striker and we could be dangerous.

Interesting, Pukki has run riot against a fair few teams this year. I do think we are becoming more solid. Boring, but solid. However if we brought in a forward who was capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play, so that we could over run a defence then surely we would see more goals, which coupled with being more solid should = entertaining wins.

Interesting, Pukki has run riot against a fair few teams this year. I do think we are becoming more solid. Boring, but solid. However if we brought in a forward who was capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play, so that we could over run a defence then surely we would see more goals, which coupled with being more solid should = entertaining wins.
Solid?
The chance Pukki missed from 12 yards in the first half where Jan and Toby got strolled past or the one in the second half where they just pulled us apart and the left back was too slow crossing, not to mention the number of unpressured shots from just outside the box that went just wide or just over for a team that only scored 5 goals away from home suggests we were anything but "Solid".

When we went to their place, from where I was standing it felt
Solid?
The chance Pukki missed from 12 yards in the first half where Jan and Toby got strolled past or the one in the second half where they just pulled us apart and the left back was too slow crossing, not to mention the number of unpressured shots from just outside the box that went just wide or just over for a team that only scored 5 goals away from home suggests we were anything but "Solid".

When we went to their place, from where I stood, it seemed as though they were in and amongst our area causing way more issues than they did today.

We should have had that game wrapped up in the first twenty mins. That could have been the Christmas haze and my memory however?.

:mourwhat:Today, I didn’t feel as under pressure as we have done. Not pretty, but they had two shots on target, one I’m assuming was the pen. Solid maybe not the best word, saying that, when was our last solid performance?

When we went to their place, from where I was standing it felt

When we went to their place, from where I stood, it seemed as though they were in and amongst our area causing way more issues than they did today.

We should have had that game wrapped up in the first twenty mins. That could have been the Christmas haze and my memory however?.

:mourwhat:Today, I didn’t feel as under pressure as we have done. Not pretty, but they had two shots on target, one I’m assuming was the pen. Solid maybe not the best word, saying that, when was our last solid performance?
The game before Christmas our defence was horseshit. Foyth giving the ball away, Jan struggling for pace as usual and Toby and Serge coming with a moment of real inspiration.

Tonight the stats may say 2 shots on target, but going forward, if the chances that fell to Pukki fall to Vardy, Aguero, or even Ings at the weekend, we'll be dead and buried. He was shit tonight and his first chance showed his limitations as a footballer.

Defence is still our weak spot, and we have many.

There were a LOT of cunts around me in the South Stand... proper wanting us to score before they started supporting... The WORST kinda fan.

Plus, I heard the 'Chinky' bomb dropped several times, in regards to how many South Korean fans there were in the ground tonight!

Some Spurs fans didn't deserve the win they'll no doubt claim as their own tonight!
In fairness to the tourists around me, they were positive and excited throughout. Fucking annoying still but positive. Overall atmosphere was shocking though. Didn’t hear anything meaningful from the South Stand. Just a lame and depressing “stand up if you hate A...”

He actually did (so fuck you). He spent the first half screaming "kick it you silly goose" so much I almost sent him to bed. Spends most games asking inane questions (as most 7 year old's probably do). I was impressed that he came up with these gems of wisdom. Especially around VAR.
But no, must be made up right?

:dembelefingers:

I offer my apologies. It was a playful dig.

Perhaps i'm jealous because none of my three kids are remotely interested in watching football with me.

Lo Celso stats:

Most EVERYTHING apart from goals.

:adestare:

This is a legit post, btw.... Just read them all out on the radio; I just can't recall them all to list them....

Most passes made
Most passes completed
Most take-ons completed
Most tackles
etc. etc.

Bossed it!

Last edited:
I offer my apologies. It was a playful dig.

Perhaps i'm jealous because none of my three kids are remotely interested in watching football with me.

Haha. No probs. The only reason I posted it was because it was the first time he said anything sensible that actually related to the game and I was astounded and proud. And it was much more insightful than anything I was saying at the time (or ever).

:dierpochhug:

How old are yours? They haven't gone to the dark side and started supporting other teams have they?

Solid?
0.6 xGA. No good chances from Norwich.

First league game since Sheffield United (1-1) can’t see anything more positive tonight than I did then. I’m skipping Shity due to daughters birthday, but questioning if I bin this shit off till next season altogether now. It’s dreadful to watch.

Obviously I’ve seen our recent performances from the comfort of a sofa and hiding behind a cushion but watching a game live is always a better way to judge and that’s one horrible football team.

The whole simply does not match the parts. For every example of quality tonight there are at least 3 times more head scratching moments.

We were, I felt, in serious danger of a defeat at 1-1. Prior to their penalty they applied all the pressure and Hugo got the ball, lumps it straight up and centre to Moura who in turn loses it and bang they get free and pen. It was just poor and obvious it was going to happen, going long on a goal kick to a team with no hold up option is just stupid, which leads to the question who sets up a professional club with one fucking striker ? ONE.

I’ve loved Spurs all my life, but at the moment they feel lost to me, I just don’t know what to make of it all, it just makes me angry, yet there is fuck all I can do about it ! Season tickets are a habit as bad as smoking.

It’s as woeful as having Fenn and Allen up front for United away.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom