January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about him on TS Europe show now....

He's agreed a deal in principal with AM for the summer, but he'd prefer a deal now.

AM now profess to need him sooner; hence the 10m offer.

Apparently PSG, are just being cunts cos they can.

Seems only 1 potential destination if he gets out..
And this is how they are treating their all time record goal scorer.

I'm ready to sell our soul and get rich owners in now, we've done it the hard way for long enough now, time to spend fucking big and fuck over our rivals
We've competed for years against the top 6 spending next to nothing on players, now let them fucking see what happens when we actually spend

....not gonna happen tho

Excellent post.
Poch got too big for his boots.

Not so much too big for his boots, just taking on a role he didn't have the skilllset for - people should recall he bought a striker called Osvaldo at Espanyol which didnt work out (problems with other players) so Espanyol had to move him on.

Then at Southampton he bought Osvaldp again fior £12m (then a decent sum) , but within 12 months Osvalso got into too many fights at Southampton training centre so Southampton had to cancel his contract - so cost Southampton the £12m fee plus wages

And not too many successes at Spurs - good at coaching but selecting players (its not a skillset he has atm). So the change to being manager 12 months into Spurs contract resulted in 4 - 5 years of poor buying pof players...…...a heritage we are now seeing

j

Agree, but isn't there currently a contract issue ( Spursidol Spursidol or WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?) and that's why he's not been seen lately. Club want him to sign a deal don't they?

What these 2 said.....

Needs to sort out his future before we play him (allegedly); yet obviously a little game-time would be a sweetener. Catch 22 much?

Word on the street is that he has had a minor injury and had surgery on it.

Not so much too big for his boots, just taking on a role he didn't have the skill set for -
I am just guessing but history is littered with stars believing their own hype.
It is absolutely extraordinary how we collapsed in the last year of his reign.
Yet in the middle of it all we are reaching the ECL final.
There's only one word for it. It starts a with an "s" and ends with a "y."

I'm ready to sell our soul and get rich owners in now, we've done it the hard way for long enough now, time to spend fucking big and fuck over our rivals
We've competed for years against the top 6 spending next to nothing on players, now let them fucking see what happens when we actually spend

....not gonna happen tho

Yep same. I couldn’t give a shit about the “Tottenham way “ or doing it right. What has it got us ? Nothing. A few cup finals and CL for a few seasons. We remain trophyless season after season with nothing truly to our name. I want to see the club win stuff and if it means a rich billionaire ploughing money into the club like City, then 100% I would take it. We have achieved nothing under ENIC or Levy in 20 years.

The Parrott situation is reminding me about Redknapp's selections before we signed Parker.
At the time to me he was deliberately picking the wrong players to force the Parker buy.
Maybe if JM plays Parrott and TP succeeds then Levy won't buy another striker?
Could also be TP needs to be "encouraged" to sign a new contract.
Who knows? I don't! :rolleyes:

And this is how they are treating their all time record goal scorer.

Tom be fair, with them chasing the CL and league title, they probably feel that he's worth more to them as part of their squad for the rest of the season than what would be a poultry sun to them that would buy them nothing (Icardi is on loan and if he got injured they wouldn't have a senior CF option) and Cavani can play with others as a dual or wide forward too.

So we want to loan a striker only until Harry is back and then when he is back we will continue to play him every game until his body can take no more and he gets a serious injury again. Smart

Or...January is famously known for poor value and what with JM stating that we will wait and see what happens in regards to what is offered to us in the transfer market (Jorge Mendes), maybe just maybe, it’s better to loan a short term fix and not waste vast sums of money, then readdress the issue in the summer when most of us feel the rebuild will begin to be sanctioned ‘properly’.

Surely, rightly or wrongly, this makes business sense and considering Spurs’ financial logistics, this choice works, we aren’t ever going to lump £30-50m on a striker in January, especially when our squad is still so bloated.

Yep same. I couldn’t give a shit about the “Tottenham way “ or doing it right. What has it got us ? Nothing. A few cup finals and CL for a few seasons. We remain trophyless season after season with nothing truly to our name. I want to see the club win stuff and if it means a rich billionaire ploughing money into the club like City, then 100% I would take it. We have achieved nothing under ENIC or Levy in 20 years.

They’ve been great for things like the stadium and training ground. The club will benefit from those for many years. However, it’s telling that those are both tangible assets that increase the value of ENIC’s investment.

As long as people continue to pay premium rates to watch us play, the owners won’t really care all that much. I think their dream scenario is regular CL money whilst keeping wages and transfer costs as low as they can reasonably be to maintain that situation.

That said, I don’t blame ENIC for us not winning the CL.

They’ve been great for things like the stadium and training ground. The club will benefit from those for many years. However, it’s telling that those are both tangible assets that increase the value of ENIC’s investment.

As long as people continue to pay premium rates to watch us play, the owners won’t really care all that much. I think their dream scenario is regular CL money whilst keeping wages and transfer costs as low as they can reasonably be to maintain that situation.

That said, I don’t blame ENIC for us not winning the CL.

i suppose, but if the club had given the manager the appropriate tools that summer instead of spending nothing ( pathetic ), who knows what could of happened. We would of had a stronger squad to challenge on all fronts.

i suppose, but if the club had given the manager the appropriate tools that summer instead of spending nothing ( pathetic ), who knows what could of happened. We would of had a stronger squad to challenge on all fronts.

I’m certainly not defending that joke of a summer window, but there’s so many hypotheticals when it comes to stuff like that. We could have signed a player that destroyed morale in the squad and we never made it out of the group stages. We could have signed a striker who meant that Llorente wasn’t on the pitch to score against City.

We signed some good players in the last window and the squad is visibly worse.

Agree, but isn't there currently a contract issue ( Spursidol Spursidol or WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?) and that's why he's not been seen lately. Club want him to sign a deal don't they?

Parrott is 18 on 4 February when he can sign a long term (eg 5 year ) contract.

Last year he signed a 2 year contract on his birthday - the maximum he could sign, so don't think we can say atm he's stalling on signing a contract, unless negotiations have stalled, but only Spurs would know that.

I did wonder if his absence over the last couple of weeks have been as simple as a minor injury - don't think Spurs would announce him as being injured as he's not a first team regular anymore than any other youth player.

Parrott is 18 on 4 February when he can sign a long term (eg 5 year ) contract.

Last year he signed a 2 year contract on his birthday - the maximum he could sign, so don't think we can say atm he's stalling on signing a contract, unless negotiations have stalled, but only Spurs would know that.

I did wonder if his absence over the last couple of weeks have been as simple as a minor injury - don't think Spurs would announce him as being injured as he's not a first team regular anymore than any other youth player.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom