January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stand grapefruits... Kebab grease or salty tears for me. :thumbup:

Me to (Grapefruits, only ever tolerate the fuckers in a liver flush I partake on occasion), though my memories of Kebabs are very dim and distant, they were a young love of the meat eating young me.

I’ve read it’s 250k

Spitballing of course, but....

If he's unhappy with how things are currently at PSG; to come here on a loan and review in the summer might suit all parties... It may eradicate the cause for a significant loan fee if PSG are saving that much on wages each week and make for a more palatable deal for us.

For us to fork out that amount on a 3 year perm deal and a fee of 30/40m becomes fantasy land for us considering his age.... That'd amount to an 80m package with no resale and his physical decline to bare.

€354,000 apparently.

Out of contract in June, so I think we could buy him cheap(ish) and give him a lump sum, in lieu of such a high wage a week.

18 month contract. Happy days.

Depends if he'd accept a mere 18 month deal... I think from a commercial perspective he'd consider that one hell of a risk to getting stranded without a deal afterwards.

Defo think it's worth shaking PSG's tree in terms of a loan though.

Depends if he'd accept a mere 18 month deal... I think from a commercial perspective he'd consider that one hell of a risk to getting stranded without a deal afterwards.

Defo think it's worth shaking PSG's tree in terms of a loan though.
He has less than 6 months left on his contract though, so I think a loan would be unlikely.

18 months with us then off to MLS... maybe.

He has less than 6 months left on his contract though, so I think a loan would be unlikely.

If he's not playing and looks to be off on a free anyway.... Saves PSG 4/5 million.

Aye, fair.

You gotta assume if there was a genuine wiff of this Jose would be all over it.... (See Falcao, Zalatan deals prev.)

Last edited:

A lot of rumours he wants Atletico and also that PSG wont let him go in Jan.

think Piatek is the man to get done.

A lot of rumours he wants Atletico and also that PSG wont let him go in Jan.

think Piatek is the man to get done.
Just been reading that.

PSG reject €10m bid from Atletico Madrid for Edinson Cavani

L’Équipe and RMC report that PSG have rejected a €10m offer from Atletico Madrid for Edinson Cavani.

The player’s entourage insists that PSG are lying and that Cavani has no injury, despite Les Parisiens announcing that he had a groin problem and this was why he missed out on the midweek trip to AS Monaco and will also be absent against FC Lorient tomorrow.

The player wants to leave this month for Atleti, but PSG are remaining true to their word & blocking his exit until the summer, with many on the board feeling that the Uruguayan international has an important role to play in the second half of this campaign.

Just been reading that.

PSG reject €10m bid from Atletico Madrid for Edinson Cavani

L’Équipe and RMC report that PSG have rejected a €10m offer from Atletico Madrid for Edinson Cavani.

The player’s entourage insists that PSG are lying and that Cavani has no injury, despite Les Parisiens announcing that he had a groin problem and this was why he missed out on the midweek trip to AS Monaco and will also be absent against FC Lorient tomorrow.

The player wants to leave this month for Atleti, but PSG are remaining true to their word & blocking his exit until the summer, with many on the board feeling that the Uruguayan international has an important role to play in the second half of this campaign.

Curious...

If he's injured why would PSG cling to him at this stage of his deal?

....Doesn't quite add up to me.

Curious...

If he's injured why would PSG cling to him at this stage of his deal?

....Doesn't quite add up to me.

Talking about him on TS Europe show now....

He's agreed a deal in principal with AM for the summer, but he'd prefer a deal now.

AM now profess to need him sooner; hence the 10m offer.

Apparently PSG, are just being cunts cos they can.

Seems only 1 potential destination if he gets out..

I’m going to bed to dream about Alphabet taking us over, becoming the richest club on the planet, and us still finishing 4th on the last day.

Night fuckers

Poch had a pretty abhorrent record of identifying talent. He also brought one player through the youth academy is 5 years (Winks). Almost the entire core of Poch’s best team (2015-2018) consisted of players that were at Spurs prior to his first match.

Managers should be part of the conversation, clearly, but they should be more concerned with results than scouting the Continent for talent. They can’t dedicate the time needed and they don’t always have the long term vision needed.
Excellent post.
Poch got too big for his boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom