Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not sure what José is trying to achieve with Tanguy here. If the lad is soft and not really injured, how is publicly embarrassing him going to help? If he is indeed injured, this clearly doesn’t help.

Also, to the Sammies of the world, there are times when you don’t feel right, but are not diagnosed with anything or the doctors can’t identify a problem. That doesn’t mean you’re not injured. Doctors are not god - they don’t know everything. In fact, here in the US medical errors are the second leading cause of death after cancer.
He has had a few muscle niggles, the guy isn't dying of cancer ffs. Expert doctors in charge of multi million pound athletes are more qualified than anyone on the planet to give them medical advice.

This latest quote from Jose seems to me to show a worried player not wanting to play and risk reinjuring himself-this is not good whatever way you look at it.
Look at Sturridge - he did the same thing and basically refused to play when deemed fit enough to-we do not want to go down this road with our record signing esp when the midfield is fucking dead-he needs to man up and get on the pitch asap.

These quotes from Sissoko are about 6 weeks old but I think they are very illuminating,

“Tanguy’s living by my house,” Sissoko said. “I’m trying to help him, give him some advice. Even with his English, because he doesn’t speak English very well. When you move countries and you don’t speak the language, you’re alone, it’s not easy. But we’re here to help him and he’s doing well.

“I’ve been with him while he’s looking for a house, helping him to speak with people, buy stuff, telling him which places he can and cannot go. He’s a young player and he needs someone close to him who can help him.”

Nice find and certainly this is the side most of us forget about, wonder what he means by this? Probably not to go anywhere near Chelsea.

40% sounds about right, but that stat needs more context.
For one thing, for much of the season he wasn't our 1st choice midfielder, being second to winks and sissoko under poch and at times dier and sissoko under Mourinho. Understandable, he was a new signing who arrived injured and was being bedded in. You're also forgetting that he played CL games, between leicester and soton he played 64 mins against bayern, that's 3 games in a week. He also played 90 mins in the first redstar game, whilst still featuring off the bench for both watford and liverpool, and also played 90 mins in the second redstar game, after having played 73 mins against everton IN THE SAME WEEK. and then he played 45 and got injured against sheffield.

He's a new signing and was being rotated for god's sake. I'm not saying he wasn't injured, I'm saying he has played games for us this season and many seem not to think that.
Clutching at straws pretty desperately there aren't you?

40% sounds about right, but that stat needs more context.
For one thing, for much of the season he wasn't our 1st choice midfielder, being second to winks and sissoko under poch and at times dier and sissoko under Mourinho. Understandable, he was a new signing who arrived injured and was being bedded in. You're also forgetting that he played CL games, between leicester and soton he played 64 mins against bayern, that's 3 games in a week. He also played 90 mins in the first redstar game, whilst still featuring off the bench for both watford and liverpool, and also played 90 mins in the second redstar game, after having played 73 mins against everton IN THE SAME WEEK. and then he played 45 and got injured against sheffield.

He's a new signing and was being rotated for god's sake. I'm not saying he wasn't injured, I'm saying he has played games for us this season and many seem not to think that.

I was focusing on the EPL because the stats were easier to follow.
If you want an aggregated picture - sure- we have played 31 games this season. That corresponds to 2790 minutes of football. He has played 1115 minutes. That is slightly below this very same 40% mark.

This "but he wasnt 1st choice midfielder" seems questionable, as at the start of the season he played 90 minutes in 2 games in a row. Then he got injured. Since that time his contribution has been very .... unstable and unreliable. I doubt that even Poch would have considered fit and ready to play Ndombele worse option than fit and ready Sissoko. What I remember from both coaches (Poch and Mou) is saying that Ndombele is not ready to play 90 minutes.

Anyway - my point is - we cannot know exactly for what reason in what game he was not used. All we certainly know are the numbers. That he has played less than 40% of total game-time which is too low share of playing time unfortunately. We need more from him, much more. Hopefully he will be able to provide it very soon.

We need to realize these are very young men from different countries speaking different languages eating different food around different environment , alot of them has come from very little you have to give them time to adapt, some may adapt more quickly than others we need to be patient this guy is a very talented player we just need to give hime patience and guidance.
*except the shit ones they can fuck off*

These quotes from Sissoko are about 6 weeks old but I think they are very illuminating,

“Tanguy’s living by my house,” Sissoko said. “I’m trying to help him, give him some advice. Even with his English, because he doesn’t speak English very well. When you move countries and you don’t speak the language, you’re alone, it’s not easy. But we’re here to help him and he’s doing well.

“I’ve been with him while he’s looking for a house, helping him to speak with people, buy stuff, telling him which places he can and cannot go. He’s a young player and he needs someone close to him who can help him.”

Sissoko is a God

I read the whole thing:
Ndombele is scared of old injuries and despite not being actually injured isn’t in the right mind to play

Just a minute ago you called the bits you don’t like “bullshit”....

You read the whole thing but only keep quoting the bullshit spin part of it, designed to get everyone talking about something other than Mourinho’s performance as a coach, and ignoring the part where he says it actually is about injuries.

Yes, it is a stupid headline, and if I caught the fella who wrote it, I would do what Rod Stewart did to that bouncer in Florida on New Year's Eve.
Like, when you listen to Mourinho in the press conference it is pretty obvious that he is not angry/disgruntled with Tanguy himself. But the situation.

He has a new flashy toy that he cannot play with.

But that is not good enough for the media.

You read the whole thing but only keep quoting the bullshit spin part of it, designed to get everyone talking about something other than Mourinho’s performance as a coach, and ignoring the part where he says it actually is about injuries.
Funny how you are trying to objective and show integrity but every bit you don’t like is bullshit

We need to realize these are very young men from different countries speaking different languages eating different food around different environment , alot of them has come from very little you have to give them time to adapt, some may adapt more quickly than others we need to be patient this guy is a very talented player we just need to give hime patience and guidance.
On very very good money only something I could ever dream of.

Commendable by Sissoko, but something a bit off about that being the situation.

I think I am right in remembering the Glory Game chapter on Ralph Coates moving to London and how he was basically left to it back in the 70’s - times surely moved on and stopped that ?

& there is something in my head that these days the clubs do absolutely everything they can to support a players move, even allocating native speakers and essentially a PA to get them settled. The club also provides accommodation etc.

But here we have our record signing (a major asset) living like a hobo on Sissoko’s sofa, surely not? (I understand that this is me embellishing the situation to poke fun at it. And he is probably on the single bed in the spare room in reality rather than a sofa)

you get the point.

I can’t imagine for a second that absolutely everything is not being done to support the objective of getting this guy on the pitch. I have some sympathy but he’s not a refugee and his £100k a week must be making life a little easier than absolutely any of us who have to go to work every day.

Back
Top Bottom