Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Him being a woos because he's gets injured is what you call a valid opinion. It's obvious from your posts that you believe he will become world class.
What’s injury got to do with skill set?
I just said he could become world class.....how is that obvious I don’t think he could become world class?
I just said he might.

What’s injury got to do with skill set?
I just said he could become world class.....how is that obvious I don’t think he could become world class?
I just said he might.
I think it obvious from post like these.

I’ve got NOTHING against him personally.
I simply think he’s being a bit weak minded, I don’t believe he has a serious injury and I havent seen this world class masterful CM that everyone keeps raving about.

I could understand if he had played like Dembele, but he’s frumpy, slow and gets battered off the ball ten times a game.

But hey, “nice touch” so he’s Pirlo I guess

I think it obvious from post like these.

But I just said he might world class

Just because you said it, doesn't mean you believe it. There are a whole bunch of negative posts like that one on that thread from you.
The negative posts are all about his fitness though, not his skill set and not his potential.

And what if I didn’t mean it just because I said it right?
How can you pick and choose what I believe and what I just said then?

hahah what a way to argue, listen to yourself

But I didn't say he doesn't have a chance of course all players do. I just committed myself to an opinion about the player, if I'm wrong there is no down side, the worst that will happen is that people will crow about me being wrong, I don't care about that.

Seems to me unless you're wowed by this signing it somehow makes you a detractor which is frankly ludicrous

My take that getting Gedson in is better than not getting Gedson in and given the relatively low figures in the initial deal its risk free he's costing £2.6 million a year plus I'd imagine low wages , if a team bought Robert Snodgrass for 10 million on a 4 year deal you'd pay 4 installments of 2.5 million a year plus higher wages most likely , any average PL player is gonna cost at least what Gedson is costing probably more.

Given Ndombele's stop start injury prone start to life at Spurs, Lamela having the reliability of a Rover and Sissoko being out for a while added to the fact Dier needs someone to do his running its important to get some energy and options in the middle of the pitch all told its a smart move with no real downside even if he flops as hard as Eric Djemba Djemba

However given the fact that the height of his achievement so far is to achieve fringe player status at Benfica I don't pin high hopes on him ripping up the PL or significantly improving Spurs , I believe he's a smart cheap option and Levy has no intention of paying 43 million pounds for him, good luck to the lad and let's hope he does well but there is no wow factor to this signing no real intent shown to move us forward and is pretty much the bare minimum in terms of what we need to do in this window.

If we end this window with Gedson and that Porto striker on loan I'll be underwhelmed, it's not Nelson and Saha and I won't be that dissatisfied but I won't be joining the queue into the church of Levy to offer up my deepest gratitude for this wonderful salvation either.

The negative posts are all about his fitness though, not his skill set and not his potential.

This is one of your early posts
I will give him time but what’s with everyone and their elephant in the room complex?

The fact you can’t tell a definitive role for the guy after five games is fairly telling that he’s not exactly making the impact we thought he would.

I don’t want players signed in 2019 and have to wait for 2020 for them to make us better. He cost 64M and is on 200k a week.
He should look better than Skipp

Again through out this thread you go on and on like this, there it is in black and white, no patience. Not for Ndombele and there won't be for Gedson either.

Very easily, I just use my own judgement.

Seems to me unless you're wowed by this signing it somehow makes you a detractor which is frankly ludicrous

My take that getting Gedson in is better than not getting Gedson in and given the relatively low figures in the initial deal its risk free he's costing £2.6 million a year plus I'd imagine low wages , if a team bought Robert Snodgrass for 10 million on a 4 year deal you'd pay 4 installments of 2.5 million a year plus higher wages most likely , any average PL player is gonna cost at least what Gedson is costing probably more.

Given Ndombele's stop start injury prone start to life at Spurs, Lamela having the reliability of a Rover and Sissoko being out for a while added to the fact Dier needs someone to do his running its important to get some energy and options in the middle of the pitch all told its a smart move with no real downside even if he flops as hard as Eric Djemba Djemba

However given the fact that the height of his achievement so far is to achieve fringe player status at Benfica I don't pin high hopes on him ripping up the PL or significantly improving Spurs , I believe he's a smart cheap option and Levy has no intention of paying 43 million pounds for him, good luck to the lad and let's hope he does well but there is no wow factor to this signing no real intent shown to move us forward and is pretty much the bare minimum in terms of what we need to do in this window.

If we end this window with Gedson and that Porto striker on loan I'll be underwhelmed, it's not Nelson and Saha and I won't be that dissatisfied but I won't be joining the queue into the church of Levy to offer up my deepest gratitude for this wonderful salvation either.
Agree with most of that but there is a downside, the downside is not making the top 4. And if he doesn't reach his potential or anywhere near it, people will look back and say that Mourinho should have been properly backed.

Agree with most of that but there is a downside, the downside is not making the top 4. And if he doesn't reach his potential or anywhere near it, people will look back and say that Mourinho should have been properly backed.

Yeah if he's shit the worm will turn quickly and the forum will knee jerk hard over the January window.

I meant no downside purely on signing Gedson
on loan against not signing him on loan.

Why do I have to put him on ignore?

You don't "have" to do anything.

You (both) could put the pleasure and general experience of the whole community ahead of your own personal grievances and desire to be right.

Take it to the toilet if you must.

You don't "have" to do anything.

You (both) could put the pleasure and general experience of the whole community ahead of your own personal grievances and desire to be right.

Take it to the toilet if you must.
I'm not stopping anyone posting about Gedson and I'm not being abusive to Sammyspurs, so I don't see why I need to take it to the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom