Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Statement of fact pal......that’s the problem when you go all out to belittle everything the club does, you end up sharing sentiment with trolls.

You didn’t care to entertain the possibility that Gedson will be a revelation despite seeing it happen with Dele in the early years.
Despite seeing it at Liverpool with their full backs.....despite seeing it with Kane, despite seeing the major promise of Tanganga.
Despite people wanting Max Arrons and backing Sessegnon to the hilt......

But no not Gedson. He’s shit. You read the stats.
All the while calling for the academy to be used.

Christ

Statement of fact pal......that’s the problem when you go all out to belittle everything the club does, you end up sharing sentiment with trolls.

You didn’t care to entertain the possibility that Gedson will be a revelation despite seeing it happen with Dele in the early years.
Despite seeing it at Liverpool with their full backs.....despite seeing it with Kane, despite seeing the major promise of Tanganga.
Despite people wanting Max Arrons and backing Sessegnon to the hilt......

But no not Gedson. He’s shit. You read the stats.
All the while calling for the academy to be used.

Christ
But I haven't, I hope Gedson will be a success but I don't think he will be, I'm 100% sure I'll be giving him more time than you will though. I won't be calling him a woos if he gets injured, like you've done with Ndombele after half a season.

But I haven't, I hope Gedson will be a success but I don't think he will be, I'm 100% sure I'll be giving him more time than you will though. I won't be calling him a woos if he gets injured, like you've done with Ndombele after half a season.
You said he was shit, lets not try and wriggle out of it eh

He's 28 and only reached double figures once in whole career, he's never played at this level. Chances are it's not going to work out.

Is Saha retired? I'd rather give him a go.
I don't know what you're talking about but if you mean signing shit players is not like signing good players, I agree.

“I didn’t say that you liar”

in 3......2......1

:mourfacepalm:

You said he was shit, lets not try and wriggle out of it eh

“I didn’t say that you liar”

in 3......2......1

Well done, you've posted a quote about Ze luis and one that doesn't mention Gedson at all.
People will see the context in the link you posted, oh wait you didn't post the link, so here it is.

Based on what? From talking to fans in Portugal he was a massive prospect before his injury and only the fact the coach in the club shifted tactics is why he didn't get back in the team. Its very easy to say, I think he will fail but hope he doesn't, I mean what kind of mentality is that? No one knows how well a player will or will not do when he comes to a new country and club. As far as I am concerned he has every chance of being a success and I will back him to the point of having enough information to make a balanced decision.

Based on what? From talking to fans in Portugal he was a massive prospect before his injury and only the fact the coach in the club shifted tactics is why he didn't get back in the team. Its very easy to say, I think he will fail but hope he doesn't, I mean what kind of mentality is that? No one knows how well a player will or will not do when he comes to a new country and club. As far as I am concerned he has every chance of being a success and I will back him to the point of having enough information to make a balanced decision.
He's got 18 months to impress, he's never played at this level before,it takes time to settle in as seen with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko and a whole host of other players.

It's a forum so I give my opinion, just as you do when you say there is every chance he will be a success. My mentality is not the issue here, positive or negative it doesn't matter. I don't have the control of whether he will be a success or not, that's in his hands.

Well done, you've posted a quote about Ze luis and one that doesn't mention Gedson at all.
People will see the context in the link you posted, oh wait you didn't post the link, so here it is.

“I didn’t say that” in 3......2.......1
LOL

Are you actually going to sit here and pretend you wasn’t discussing Gedson with me all day yesterday now?

Here’s the exchange:

So you've never had an opinion about how a player we've signed is going to do for us?

Hmmm didn’t realise we had signed Ze Luis....

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise

Is that odd to you?
Like Ndombele you mean?Yeah right.
I’ve seen Ndombele be not very good for us though and break down every time he gets tackled.
I’ve never seen Gedson kick a ball for any club.

Why don’t you get that?

“Was talking about Ze Luis”
Hmmmmmm

Here’s more:

My opinion is that the club has backed the manager and made a signing that I am going to assume he asked for.

I haven’t seen him play so I cant have an opinion on a player I know nothing about.
Shall I pretend I know for a fact he’s shit like you are doing?

I looked at his record and made an opinion based on that.

Again, have we signed Ze Luis?

Here’s more:

Hahaha blinkers?
You just wrote off a 21 year old Portuguese international who you’ve never seen play because you “checked his stats”
I have an opinion based on his record, just as you secretly do.

Ze Luis is 28 and from Cape Verde by the way

#ididntsayit

Last edited:
He's got 18 months to impress, he's never played at this level before,it takes time to settle in as seen with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko and a whole host of other players.

It's a forum so I give my opinion, just as you do when you say there is every chance he will be a success. My mentality is not the issue here, positive or negative it doesn't matter. I don't have the control of whether he will be a success or not, that's in his hands.

Ndombele and Lo Celso were injured pretty much as soon as they started, Sissoko came from Newcastle. Its a chance like any player, look at young players like Alli, Tillemens, Maddison, Tillemans, Pulisic every player is different and as you say its on the player himself.

“I didn’t say that” in 3......2.......1
LOL

Are you actually going to sit here and pretend you wasn’t discussing Gedson with me all day yesterday now?

Here’s the exchange:

Hmmm didn’t realise we had signed Ze Luis....

“Was talking about Ze Luis”
Hmmmmmm

Here’s more:

Again, have we signed Ze Luis?

Here’s more:

Ze Luis is 28 and from Cale Verde by the way

#ididntsayit
Again the first post was me talking about Ze Luis, the rest is you desperately trying to bang a square peg in a round hole....again no link.

Boring.

Again the first post was me talking about Ze Luis, the rest is you desperately trying to bang a square peg in a round hole....again no link.

Boring.
It’s all there.... no hiding.
Several references to the signing we had made, I said Gedson and you replied, I said 21yr old Portuguese international and you replied.

Writing off Ze Luis makes you no wiser anyway so it’s a piss poor argument you’re using.

Ndombele and Lo Celso were injured pretty much as soon as they started, Sissoko came from Newcastle. Its a chance like any player, look at young players like Alli, Tillemens, Maddison, Tillemans, Pulisic every player is different and as you say its on the player himself.
But I didn't say he doesn't have a chance of course all players do. I just committed myself to an opinion about the player, if I'm wrong there is no down side, the worst that will happen is that people will crow about me being wrong, I don't care about that.

It’s all there.... no hiding.
Several references to the signing we had made, I said Gedson and you replied, I said 21yr old Portuguese international and you replied.

Writing off Ze Luis makes you no wiser anyway so it’s a piss poor argument you’re using.
Where as calling Ndombele a woos and writing him off is very wise.

But I didn't say he doesn't have a chance of course all players do. I just committed myself to an opinion about the player, if I'm wrong there is no down side, the worst that will happen is that people will crow about me being wrong, I don't care about that.

Surely not?

:llorishowudoin:

Where as calling Ndombele a woos and writing him off is very wise.
I haven’t written him off, I’ve made a valid opinion of what I’ve seen so far and made no predictions on where he’ll be in a few seasons.

He might become world class. That’s not writing him off.

Some fans are absolute fucking morons. Guessing a lot of them rarely leave their post code yet feel they're qualified to comment on a player they have absolutely no idea about.

Let's give him a go and see how he gets on. We splurged a (then) club record on a top, top goalscorer from spain once. One everyone knew about and had a huge boner for. And he was fucking USELESS.
Name/reputation/stats mean nothing.

On another note, I believe loan-to-buy is gonna be the way from now on and I believe other clubs will adopt it. There's a handful of clubs in the world that can afford to take £50m plus punts and not be bothered if the player fails. We aren't one of them.
If enough loanees fail, then it might just burst this ludicrous transfer bubble that's been growing for 5/6 years.
Spot on, loan sightings are definitely the way to go, IMO, makes perfect sense.

I haven’t written him off, I’ve made a valid opinion of what I’ve seen so far and made no predictions on where he’ll be in a few seasons.

He might become world class. That’s not writing him off.
Him being a woos because he's gets injured is what you call a valid opinion. It's obvious from your posts that you dont believe he will become world class.

Back
Top Bottom