January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrrr the difference is that I haven’t called him a shit signing, or a good signing.
So you have no opinion? Great.
It’s logical to assume the manager wanted him and we got him, but go harass and put a negative spin on us trying to bolster the squad mid season.
I don’t really give a fuck.

You and your ilk (the “real fanz” just two months ago) can’t wait for Jose to fuck up.
Told you then you are Poch fans before Spurs fans.

Piss off and follow him then
Only if you think Levy can do no wrong, which you often do.
Rest of it, is your usually strawman shite.

You said you'd stop talking about Poch but here you are going on about him.
I want Jose to succeed because if he doesn't we are going to be in big trouble.
So stop slagging off the club for trying to improve and writing off players you know fuck all about.
Tired of you agenda driven negative cunts where NOTHING is EVER good enough.

So you have no opinion? Great.
My opinion is that the club has backed the manager and made a signing that I am going to assume he asked for.

I haven’t seen him play so I cant have an opinion on a player I know nothing about.
Shall I pretend I know for a fact he’s shit like you are doing?

So stop slagging off the club for trying to improve and writing off players you know fuck all about.
Tired of you agenda driven negative cunts where NOTHING is EVER good enough.
Yeah I don't call this really trying to improve and you've all ready written off Ndombele so maybe you should practice what you preach.

So you are happy to sign Ze Luis and Fernandes then?
I'd rather give Skipp and Parrott a go.

These two options are not exclusive - you can have more than two players on development - fact is for very little money outlaid if even one of these four make the grade it's a huge win for us. If you look around the top EPL sides they don't have many home-grown or 'cheap' players in the first eleven - those are rarer than hens teeth or an intelligent post from John Thomas.

I've no problem with buying a dozen 21 year old talented players still looking to make the breakthrough - do you know how many top, top players were still nobody's at 21, it's a surprisingly large number ... even with our new found wealth we aren't going to spend the 800m that City and Chelsea have on their squads so adding a few 'players with potential' now, and then a couple more >50m players in the summer ... why not?

and yes we need to give youth more of a chance, even though we all desperately want trophies Southampton away is still a good game for a youngster or two. Of course if we lose then Mourinho will get slated if he played the kids - tough call.

I’ve seen Ndombele be not very good for us though and break down every time he gets tackled.
I’ve never seen Gedson kick a ball for any club.

Why don’t you get that?
He gets injured it's not his fault and he hasn't been fully fit despite this he's scored two goals.
If you wrote off Ndombele this quickly, I 'm sure you will write off Gedson even faster then you'll say it's all Jose's fault.

My opinion is that the club has backed the manager and made a signing that I am going to assume he asked for.

I haven’t seen him play so I cant have an opinion on a player I know nothing about.
Shall I pretend I know for a fact he’s shit like you are doing?
I looked at his record and made an opinion based on that.

Yeah I don't call this really trying to improve and you've all ready written off Ndombele so maybe you should practice what you preach.
I haven’t written him off I’ve called him mentally scared of getting injured and not being available and looking unfit.

If you think he’s a top player then stopping banging on about the club not backing it’s managers. Trying to have it both ways and tripping over yourself all the time

I’ve seen Ndombele be not very good for us though and break down every time he gets tackled.
I’ve never seen Gedson kick a ball for any club.

Why don’t you get that?
No you haven't. You may have seen him break down though.

The loan rangers don't bother you Sammy? It's not weird to you? And not to mention 2 players in 2 positions neither of which is our most pressing need.

He gets injured it's not his fault and he hasn't been fully fit despite this he's scored two goals.
If you wrote off Ndombele this quickly, I 'm sure you will write off Gedson even faster then you'll say it's all Jose's fault.
I don’t believe Ndombele is seriously injured, o believe he’s a bit of a woos
I’ve not said he’s a shit footballer because I looked at Wiki

Errrrr the difference is that I haven’t called him a shit signing, or a good signing.

It’s logical to assume the manager wanted him and we got him, but go harass and put a negative spin on us trying to bolster the squad mid season.
I don’t really give a fuck.

You and your ilk (the “real fanz” just two months ago) can’t wait for Jose to fuck up.
Told you then you are Poch fans before Spurs fans.

Piss off and follow him then

You're such a twat.

I've lost count of how many managers we have had since I started supporting the club.

I don't think Jose is the right man for us. I said it when he was appointed and I haven't shifted from this view. I hope I'm wrong though, I truly do.

Stop being so fucking arrogant all the time.

These two options are not exclusive - you can have more than two players on development - fact is for very little money outlaid if even one of these four make the grade it's a huge win for us. If you look around the top EPL sides they don't have many home-grown or 'cheap' players in the first eleven - those are rarer than hens teeth or an intelligent post from John Thomas.

I've no problem with buying a dozen 21 year old talented players still looking to make the breakthrough - do you know how many top, top players were still nobody's at 21, it's a surprisingly large number ... even with our new found wealth we aren't going to spend the 800m that City and Chelsea have on their squads so adding a few 'players with potential' now, and then a couple more >50m players in the summer ... why not?

and yes we need to give youth more of a chance, even though we all desperately want trophies Southampton away is still a good game for a youngster or two. Of course if we lose then Mourinho will get slated if he played the kids - tough call.

Investment in youth CAN pay off with the right manager. Lampard is doing alright with all their home-grown players, nothing Sarri was ever to bothered about.

No you haven't. You may have seen him break down though.

The loan rangers don't bother you Sammy? It's not weird to you? And not to mention 2 players in 2 positions neither of which is our most pressing need.
I have seen Ndombele playing absolutely drab, and I’ve seen him play ok.
No more, no less.

If people think he’s a top top player already, then they should stop saying Poch was shat on

He will finish the Lille transfer window before he is released. This combined with loans of players points towards the loanees (if this Ze Luis comes) is temporary solution and that Mourinho and team, including Campos, will set the transfer vision and strategy this spring. And start acting towards that starting this summer. With Campos as DOF. So Campos arriving early February (is my best guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom