Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's imperative that we get top 4, and if we can bring in a decent striker there's no reason we shouldn't.

Except.
Our midfield has been just dreadful for a long time. My impression is that when HK was at his peak we had Dembele and Erikson providing service. Plus Walker - and Rose was playing well unlike this season. I think the new midfielders are ok but they're all (or mostly) injured.

So I'm afraid if we don't get the midfield sorted then it looks grim.

As an HK true believer, I think he has broken himself down, working harder than he should, trying to make up for the inability of our midfield to advance the ball. It's all related. Fuckit.

Unrelated: if Parrot is not ready even to go on the bench, anyone know why he isn't on loan so that he at least has a chance to play and improve?

ā€œWe try the best we can. News on Harry we donā€™t have and if you ask me every time we come here the answer will be the same.

ā€œWe expect him to be out until mid-April, end of April, May, even next season I donā€™t know.ā€

He's out injured for what's likely the rest of the season.

You're a fucking idiot.
Do you ever get the impression that some of ours want him to fail?
I don't get it.He will be spoken about at our club decades after he leaves it,yet all some want to do is knock him.
I am all for constructive criticism, but some of it is a joke.
His record speaks for itself.

I don't get it.He will be spoken about at our club decades after he leaves it,yet all some want to do is knock him.

Those who want that aren't Spurs fans. Plain and simple.

It's typical with every successful sportsman. They help raise them up and praise them.. then when they reach the pinnacle of the sport.. they do anything and everything to tear them down.

Still predicting he will be back training with the first team at the beginning of April, and that his first match back will be the FA cup semis when he comes on as a substitute. Gets him some time for the NLD the following weekend.

Not saying he SHOULD, but he's going to want a month of matches under his belt before the Euros.

He's not reliant on pace so can play for many years to come BUT at the same time he isn't the same player he was a few years back. He's definitely lost something.
2017 Kane was a top 5 player in the world. He was truly remarkable. The injuries set him back (the FA Cup quarters in March 2018 against fucking Millwall of all teams that we won 6-0 derailed his fucking career), but I also wonder what Poch's training regiment did.

I am very, VERY interested to see how Mourinho's training methods may help improve Kane's fitness, burst, movement, and so forth. He just seemed to damn tired for two years (2018-2019).

As much as I hate the prospect of not having Harry for the rest of the season, I like the fact that Mourinho has been so pessimistic towards the press. I think it takes the pressure off Kane to rush back. Letā€˜s hope that is the case.

Now we need to get someone in, who can take some of the burden of Son in the meantime, as well as ease Parrott in so that next season he can either go out on loan, or play some more games for us.

Kane cannot and should not be playing every game any more. Rather a 100% fit Kane in 70% of the matches, than a 80% fit Kane in 100% of the matches (which hasnā€™t even been the case due to the injuries the past seasons)

Some may see this as strange but I hope Mourinho or whoever plans with Kane playing a different role to the one he has had in the last 5 years

If not there is no way they, as in manager or us as in club will get anywhere near the success we crave.

His best days as an out and out striker are possibly behind him. Certainly as the lone striker they are.

But isā€™t true?

exp14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom