Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane's drop off for me is down to an underperforming side that cant get him the ball. Simple as that.

He def needs a rest, but the man still bangs them in when he gets the chance. He may have lost a bit of a step to create for himself, but this past year and a half we can't seem to create any goal scoring opportunities.

Kane's drop off for me is down to an underperforming side that cant get him the ball. Simple as that.

He def needs a rest, but the man still bangs them in when he gets the chance. He may have lost a bit of a step to create for himself, but this past year and a half we can't seem to create any goal scoring opportunities.
Go back and watch him ruin VVD when scoring a hat trick against Southampton you will see two players travelling in opposite directions in form and fitness. That performance pace and mobility wise is now beyond him. Kane was a once in a generation talent that we used like a cart horse. He will never again be what he was. What he is can still be special if we optimise it.

He won't miss Euros, but I also don't want us to rush him. Barring a minor miracle, this season is over, so let him rest out the season, hopefully he won't play every Euro game, and let him be extremely fresh for next season. It's why I'm so in favor of signing Piatek, it just made sense for all parties concerned.

Go back and watch him ruin VVD when scoring a hat trick against Southampton you will see two players travelling in opposite directions in form and fitness. That performance pace and mobility wise is now beyond him. Kane was a once in a generation talent that we used like a cart horse. He will never again be what he was. What he is can still be special if we optimise it.

Yeah,he was younger and lighter back then. I have said it many times, but the bulking up of players seems detrimental to their playing style.

That being said, his 2017 year didn't see him make a ton of those lung bursting runs. He just had amazing service

Last edited:
I hope he does miss the euros otherwise we’re set for another season with a three month lay off at some point.

Kane needs to be sensible now. He’s not getting any younger, and he’s literally had about 8 months of injuries over 5 seasons.
Missing the euros probably means the kick start to his fitness and a stable career.

Playing just means he plods along like he has been. He needs to be wise here.

Theres a fair chance he may not be the same player when he comes back from injury. You could argue hes already lost a bit of cutting edge from previous injuries.

Its the clubs stupid fault for insisting on him having no competition.

We all know what it was like trying to find a top striker before kane arrived. Impossible.

Watch him rush back so he can go to the Euros, play like crap but still score a couple goals regardless. Then be unfit and look sluggish when we start next season. I love the guy but I think he is almost too determined and too ambitious to the point where he tires himself out at his own detriment.

Previous recoveries from injuries suggest he will be back before the end of the season but will not be at his best as that takes a while. We will see performances like the CL final. Will he play in the Euros? Of course he will but not sure if he wil be at his best and if Southgate will see that and sub him at times.

Kane wants to play in every game.

Not the easiest thing for any manager to insist on rotating him.

As Poch and now Jose have discovered.

That's where a manager earns his money. Dealing with these kind of players. The reason Kane is as successful as he is, is down to his ambition. But now Mourinho needs to put his foot down. His mission is to win trophies with Tottenham and not to be Kane's best mate. And if Kane wants to win trophies with Spurs too, then he will understand what is best for the team.

Going forward, I want to see Kane playing in a front three, with the wingers running off him, much like the England set up. I think this way he is better utilised and not pushing himself as much, as when he's played as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 system.

Harry is currently immobile and will have more time on his hands than normal. He can fill that time watching TV, playing Fortnite etc and reading about football on the internet. He will have plenty of time to think and reflect and will find plenty of criticism out there. He may reflect that he is doing his reputation no good by rushing back when not ready and might be better off coming back gradually. Based on previous injuries I do not expect we will see the best of Harry this season and whilst I am sure he will want to play in the Euros, he might be better not playing every minute when he returns.

Kane wants to play in every game.

Not the easiest thing for any manager to insist on rotating him.

As Poch and now Jose have discovered.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being keen to play every minute of every game but if you have a history of pretty serious injuries, then you have to apply common sense and ease the workload on your body. It's only going to get worse with age. The club are contributing to his injuries because there are no out-and-out strikers for him to rotate with.

Everyone was pumped for Dybala because he's the calibre of player that could give Kane genuine competition. They'd have probably played alongside each other for the bulk of the season but whenever one needed a rest, we'd still have a top-class forward playing. As it stands, without Kane, we have to rely on wingers to fill his shoes.

Honestly I would love to see Harry and England win the euros but I would also love him to recover properly, take his time and not play until next season to see can he regain proper fitness again.
He will be devastated to miss a tournament with England but it may do his career some good and most importantly spurs!

Just don't rush back. If you are fit in April or August, just get fit. 7 months off for Kane going into a full pre-season with Mourinho would be great for Spurs if he can't play this season.

I just think he will kill is career to play in the Euros, which sucks.

Back
Top Bottom