Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perfect example of yet more mind-numbing bullshit with the club still being found guilty and Rudiger still correct despite ZERO evidence ...

Rudiger could have been outright abused, vocally. He could have misheard something. He could have misinterpreted something. He could have seen someone make monkey gestures at him, or what he thought were monkey gestures. There could have been some form of abuse but nobody other than Rudiger saw or heard it. Someone could have heard it, but felt discouraged from speaking out.

and if you swallow an apple pip a tree grows in your tummy, people in the past lived in black and white world just like in old movies, small musicians live in the radio, lightning is really alien flash photography, chocolate milk comes from brown cows, the moon is made of cheese, eating carrots make you see in the dark, and my favourite there is a God.
Nothing there that you quoted is wrong, that's the thing about it. The club can't prove or disprove.
The best thing we can do as fans is to stand together against racism and support the club stance.

The most telling thing I can say about how this has been reported, is that on the Night of the game, when I got home, my Wife* (who knows sod all about football, except that she dislikes it) already knew about the 'incident' as she had heard it on the News. (The ACTUAL, REAL news, not the Sky Sports version)...

This morning however, she wasn't remotely aware of the Police findings results... as the main media news broadcasters had somehow decided NOT to include it as one of the MAIN Headlines at the top of the hour, EVERY hour.
(They seemed more interested in reporting some dead Iranian General's funeral for some reason!)

Point being, whilst Sports news should never get in the way of ACTUAL news ...when it was potentially us being portrayed as RACISTS, it WAS EVERYWHERE... now, no findings apparently = no story!!
Especially when you consider that a Chelsea fan WAS arrested for racist remarks/chanting against Son... (a fact my Wife* also had no knowledge of, as that hadn't been reported on News at Ten at the time either!!)

...just a bit weird, Thass all...

* Blatent "I have a Wife" post!
I have had numerous heated debates with my Mrs over this as well who thought my reaction to the story was terrible lol
Maybe it was but the point still stands - I thought from minute one even at the game he misheard and/or was mistaken. Despite zero evidence as there has been in the City case for example we have been tarred with that brush and now theres no evidence to back up the complaint its not news or comment worthy.

PS Wife has now conceded that he may actually have misheard and that there was fuck all about the actual arrest at the game for the racism Son was subjected to.

It would be nuts to think that we don't have any fans who harbour racist thoughts, and of those there will inevitably be the odd one who decides to vocalise their inner idiot - especially in high tension derby matches. I'm sure most of us have (or had) a mate or family member who is just an absolute liability.

What matters is that we, as a club, take any incident seriously and make WHL a hostile environment for anyone that thinks it's OK to bring shame onto our club - for whatever reason.

There won't be 100% elimination of racism from football until it's eliminated from society - and we're a long way from that still. We just need to make sure that:

a) We all take responsibility to call it out when seen
b) We don't harass anyone for reporting it (player or otherwise, mistaken or not)
c) We don't allow anyone to label our club as racist without evidence

Perfect example of yet more mind-numbing bullshit with the club still being found guilty and Rudiger still correct despite ZERO evidence ...

Rudiger could have been outright abused, vocally. He could have misheard something. He could have misinterpreted something. He could have seen someone make monkey gestures at him, or what he thought were monkey gestures. There could have been some form of abuse but nobody other than Rudiger saw or heard it. Someone could have heard it, but felt discouraged from speaking out.

and if you swallow an apple pip a tree grows in your tummy, people in the past lived in black and white world just like in old movies, small musicians live in the radio, lightning is really alien flash photography, chocolate milk comes from brown cows, the moon is made of cheese, eating carrots make you see in the dark, and my favourite there is a God.
Makes you wonder if you said to MVP, i believe I've seen a ghost, ufo, yeti, Loch Ness fuckin monster, he would believe us then?

It would be nuts to think that we don't have any fans who harbour racist thoughts, and of those there will inevitably be the odd one who decides to vocalise their inner idiot - especially in high tension derby matches. I'm sure most of us have (or had) a mate or family member who is just an absolute liability.

What matters is that we, as a club, take any incident seriously and make WHL a hostile environment for anyone that thinks it's OK to bring shame onto our club - for whatever reason.

There won't be 100% elimination of racism from football until it's eliminated from society - and we're a long way from that still. We just need to make sure that:

a) We all take responsibility to call it out when seen
b) We don't harass anyone for reporting it (player or otherwise, mistaken or not)
c) We don't allow anyone to label our club as racist without evidence
C) Is an impossible task.

No wit needed. You posted like a moron and then contradicted what you originally posted 5 minutes later.

Thing is youre still talking out your arse. You named Linekar and Neville as 2 of those "articles" but the comments and posts they made were prior to our/the police statement coming out.
So Neville, Lineker, Holt and the Guardian wasn’t enough for you as back up to the claim the media are implying it happened?

If he names three more, is it still not enough?

Impossible to stop, entirely possible to challenge. I think we both know that the media will say what it wants and it's up to us as fans to challenge them.
How? I mean if ordinary people could do this, we'd stop them ragging on the Labour party every minute.

So Neville, Lineker, Holt and the Guardian wasn’t enough for you as back up to the claim the media are implying it happened?

Did you even read the original post i was referring too??

Nutty-Naylor stated the media are implying the abuse happened AFTER the statememt was put out and then used Lineker and Neville as examples of this......even though they commented before the statement was put out. Got it horribly wrong.

Cheers.

All the media perpetrators were already named and shamed in the thread but apparently it was up to me to provide a list. I just couldn't be bothered to get in to it.

Once he started the name calling i switched off.

Something I would love to see happen is our away end applaud Rudigers name announcement at the bridge game in Feb and not fall into the trap of booing him or targeting him with hatred. We need to continue to take the moral high ground and show who we are in this moment imho, we are not racist wankers like Lazio and certain elements of Chelseas fanbase are.

I don't believe he lied for a second, I think he was almost certainly mistaken and for someone who has no doubt suffered racial abuse before in his professional life I don't blame him for speaking up either-my problem is with the media reaction to the incident and the NON reaction to the findings or LACK of them.

Innocence should be presumed and trial by media/social media is just plain wrong yet far more apparent these days unfortunately.

Give me examples of this please?

Look closely he's doubling down on the notion that it was actually heard.

Also see Holt's sarcastically saying 'No evidence, how suprising'.

Hmmmmm..... So the offense categorically occurred never-the-less did it, Mr Ronay?

Is that what "no evidence" equates to these days?

Fuck these cunts.... Forget Rudiger, it's these media cunts that need shaming.

Last edited:
I didn’t say we forgot the t shirts.
I said I don’t remember Holt writing an article about it.

Maybe you can post one so I don’t have to annoy you later by making you look silly. Like when you though Eriksen was irreplaceable.

Also defended Terry to the hilt; gymnastically questioning whether "black c*nt" was actually racist.

He’s just trolling now and I wish spurs fans on twitter wouldn’t fall for it. I doubt he’s got one sincere bone in his body and is only doing it for his own good. All people are doing by responding to and retweeting him is giving him the platform to push his nonsensical views around further. He’s a prick and always has been.

Something I would love to see happen is our away end applaud Rudigers name announcement at the bridge game in Feb and not fall into the trap of booing him or targeting him with hatred. We need to continue to take the moral high ground and show who we are in this moment imho, we are not racist wankers like Lazio and certain elements of Chelseas fanbase are.

I don't believe he lied for a second, I think he was almost certainly mistaken and for someone who has no doubt suffered racial abuse before in his professional life I don't blame him for speaking up either-my problem is with the media reaction to the incident and the NON reaction to the findings or LACK of them.

Innocence should be presumed and trial by media/social media is just plain wrong yet far more apparent these days unfortunately.
I was thinking the same, it would be brilliant if that happened if we boo him the perception will be that we really ARE a racist club.

Cheers.

All the media perpetrators were already named and shamed in the thread but apparently it was up to me to provide a list. I just couldn't be bothered to get in to it.

Once he started the name calling i switched off.
No you switched off because you know what you said was wrong.

Did the media imply the incident happened when first reporting?? For sure yes.

You stated they have "100% implied" the same thing AFTER the statement and used Lineker and Neville as examples even though they commented prior to the statement. Instead of saying fair play... you're saying you didnt reply because of abuse lol.

No you switched off because you know what you said was wrong.

Did the media imply the incident happened when first reporting?? For sure yes.

You stated they have "100% implied" the same thing AFTER the statement and used Lineker and Neville as examples even though they commented prior to the statement. Instead of saying fair play... you're saying you didnt reply because of abuse lol.

Miss Marple :levylol::eriksenlol::mourlmao:

Back
Top Bottom