Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rudiger will not retract his statement or apologise and it is folly to request it.

If he genuinely feels he heard/ saw something then he will stick to his statement and will not apologise because he will believe he has been wronged.
If he was up to shenanigans during the game, he will double down, stick to his guns and hope the thing blows over in time.

However, if it was funny business, he'll be silly to try that trick again.

Regardless, we all have to be seen to be supportive, because we cant have a future where players do not feel they have the support to come forward when some plonkers do something stupid.
Its mindful of how the world is with social justice and all that stuff and it is genuinely the right thing to do.

Stiff upper lip, take it on the chin, rise above it, applaud him when he returns.

It's the savvy thing to do regards the media and you can bet the next game will be under the spotlight.

Just think how this will play out in the media if at the next game we boo him on his entrance, make it hostile and then he makes the claim again.

If he genuinely believes he was a victim of racial abuse, I would hope he appreciates the welcome and it is nice to treat people nice.
If it was as many suspect a ruse, well we have played the only sensible card in our deck.

I knew this Rudiger cheat made shit up to distract and divert the correct call being called on him. He had the whole set from the acting, eye rolls and to the guilty fucker look. I just knew it

...However, the media clearly reacted in the way they did because this was the first time (to the best of my knowledge) that the protocol had been followed in a match in the UK, at least certainly in the top flight, and so was always going to draw a crazy amount of attention...

I'm afraid you are wrong there. The reason the media reacted the way they did was because Rudiger gave them some lovely video footage and photos of him mimicking a monkey impression. This was ratings gold for them. If he'd simply told his captain what he thought he'd heard, the media would not have had this 'click bait', and there would not have been half the amount of airtime given to Spurs and it's fans being slaughtered in the media unfairly from all angles.

I knew this Rudiger cheat made shit up to distract and divert the correct call being called on him. He had the whole set from the acting, eye rolls and to the guilty fucker look. I just knew it

Holy cow dude... Don't leave us all hanging like this, can you show us where you got this info? link to article? Rudiger brain scan? so we can all see it...

The next time Chelsea and Rudiger come into town, fans will be afraid of booing him or whatever the hell they do for fear of reprisal.

I'm afraid you are wrong there. The reason the media reacted the way they did was because Rudiger gave them some lovely video footage and photos of him mimicking a monkey impression. This was ratings gold for them. If he'd simply told his captain what he thought he'd heard, the media would not have had this 'click bait', and there would not have been half the amount of airtime given to Spurs and it's fans being slaughtered in the media unfairly from all angles.

lol ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace disagrees with me.

The below links took me about 10 seconds to find, and each one of them prominently shows the pictures of Rudiger mimicking monkey impressions:

lol ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace disagrees with me.

The below links took me about 10 seconds to find, and each one of them prominently shows the pictures of Rudiger mimicking monkey impressions:

Yep, you said I was wrong in the post you quoted, and I disagreed. That's how it works.

The story won't go anyway, thanks to the reaction of some of the fans. Again the police are being forgotten in all this, if they find he purposely made a false allegation they can prosecute without the clubs say-so.

It's not in the public interest to escalate this one. Can you imagine the shit storm at Slumford if they say it's a false allegation? Rudiger will be playing against us in a few weeks, and it would all kick off, before during and after. If I got caught up in any violence I'd hold the fuzz 100% to blame for being so stupid.

Football thuggery is like Terrorism in Ulster. It's just beneath the surface, just waiting for idiots to scratch it.

It's not in the public interest to escalate this one. Can you imagine the shit storm at Slumford if they say it's a false allegation? Rudiger will be playing against us in a few weeks, and it would all kick off, before during and after. If I got caught up in any violence I'd hold the fuzz 100% to blame for being so stupid.

Football thuggery is like Terrorism in Ulster. It's just beneath the surface, just waiting for idiots to scratch it.
If they found that he purposely made a false allegation then he should be punished, simple as that really.
Threats of violence is no excuse for anyone to get away with breaking the law.

Has any other player from either side, apart from Rudiger, heard the alleged racist abuse?

Any fan around the area heard anything?

I was at the match but over 100 yards away from the corner in question, impossible to hear anything.

However, the media clearly reacted in the way they did because this was the first time (to the best of my knowledge) that the protocol had been followed in a match in the UK, at least certainly in the top flight,

Even more disappointing that the wrong protocol was used and no one picked up on it then.

Taylor followed the FIFA guidelines which the PL haven't agreed to. Staff where then informed to make three separate stadium announcements which gave the impression that multiple incidents have been reported - which they hadn't.

The PL protocol advises the fourth official to instruct the stadium security team to investigate the alleged incident before making an announcement. You have to say that this would have helped with any on going investigation rather than just attributing guilt on the players word alone.

Absolutely zero coverage on this by the mainstream media and it further clouds an already complex issue. Another example that they're not interested in the facts - just a sellable narrative.

Back
Top Bottom