Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s also been forgotten that this incident made the PFA ask for a government enquiry before anything we proven.

And the government sensibly said let’s wait and see.

Wonder what the PFA will say now.......... would have thought Rudiger would have made a statement to the police and pointed out exactly where he heard this noise coming from. Maybe they will come out all guns blazing defending the player.

Like to see that statement. Clearly hearing a couple of voices amongst what 2000?+ in that area of the ground.
Must have hearing like Clark Kent.

I don’t think this is going away anyway.
It has been a decade since there was an official inquiry into racism in football (or maybe sport?). Taking another look to see what has changed might not be a bad idea, it is just daft linking it to this "incident".

According to what Holt wrote the club knew about the fans in question as they’d contacted the club and received hardly a response.

Do I think that a journalist can find things out that a football club and a police force can’t? Yes. Yes I do believe that to be true. I’ve no idea if it’s the case in this instance. All I was doing was asking if we knew anything he said to be untrue. It appears we don’t.

A final word on your bias shite - I’ve maintained all along that Rudiger thought he heard something that didn’t actually happen. I don’t think we are guilty but I don’t think he is either. Probably a lot less biased than you on this matter.

Just showing yourself up as ignorant - and now repeating the trick - Holt has no evidence of fan(s) contacting the club he just alludes to it happening - the club and the police state that no fans have contacted them with any evidence. So either you have secret knowledge or you're just into following Holt's fake news? which is it?

You have been very clear that Rudiger is right to make racist allegations, even when he has no supporting evidence. OK fair enough only he knows what he thinks he heard, however following a thorough investigation, which despite that cunt Holt's insinuations, has produced zero witnesses and zero evidence (some bloke on twitter is not in fact evidence) Spurs fans have now been cleared of all charges.

So here's a very simple question - Do you think Rudiger should now withdraw his unproven allegation?

anyone thinking that Spurs and or especially the Police did not speak to a verified witness, about what they heard, then I’d conclude that you also believe the moon landings never happened and that David Bellamy was a real life Yeti and not a kindly old soul who groped lizards on kids TV.

there is no evidence found. End of.

Just showing yourself up as ignorant - and now repeating the trick - Holt has no evidence of fan(s) contacting the club he just alludes to it happening - the club and the police state that no fans have contacted them with any evidence. So either you have secret knowledge or you're just into following Holt's fake news? which is it?

You have been very clear that Rudiger is right to make racist allegations, even when he has no supporting evidence. OK fair enough only he knows what he thinks he heard, however following a thorough investigation, which despite that cunt Holt's insinuations, has produced zero witnesses and zero evidence (some bloke on twitter is not in fact evidence) Spurs fans have now been cleared of all charges.

So here's a very simple question - Do you think Rudiger should now withdraw his unproven allegation?
I believe he should make a statement saying he supports the enquiry and is happy to abide by its findings. Not sure that’s the level of withdrawal most people want.

Why am I being ignorant for questioning Holts tweets? How on Earth do you KNOW he has no evidence? You don’t. Maybe he has plenty of evidence that he’ll now go to the authorities with. Maybe he’s made the whole thing up. I do know a few journalists and maybe they are biased, but they’ve always told me that a journalist that just makes things up is rare to find. They’d not have a job. There’s plenty that report things that are wrong on the word of people they shouldn’t trust, but making something up completely? Unlikely.

Look, I’m happy to accept Holt May have made it up. I’m also open minded enough to accept he may not have. I don’t know the answer for a fact. I doubt you do either.

I don’t think we are going to do anything but go in circles here and I don’t enjoy interacting with you, so I’ll step away now.

anyone thinking that Spurs and or especially the Police did not speak to a verified witness, about what they heard, then I’d conclude that you also believe the moon landings never happened and that David Bellamy was a real life Yeti and not a kindly old soul who groped lizards on kids TV.

there is no evidence found. End of.
Yeah, I don’t believe in the moon landings either. Sorry!
Did take me two reads to realise you weren’t talking about David Bellamy groping kids on tv. Went a bit Yewtree in my mind for a moment.

It has been a decade since there was an official inquiry into racism in football (or maybe sport?). Taking another look to see what has changed might not be a bad idea, it is just daft linking it to this "incident".

Yep I agree a planned, thought out approach to an inquiry would be great.

Making a statement within 24hrs referencing the match and using the word disgusted when nothing was proven was incendiary, and in a country where innocent till proven guilty is the usual approach it is quite ironically disgusting they make such a statement.

Personally would like the PFA to make another statement.

Yeah, I don’t believe in the moon landings either. Sorry!
Did take me two reads to realise you weren’t talking about David Bellamy groping kids on tv. Went a bit Yewtree in my mind for a moment.
What ? Bellamy touched up a Yewtree on TV ? Jesus Christ is there no limit to the depravity of 80’s TV stars ?

Holt will not give up on this.
He and his employers the MOS will possibly have plans for their researchers to infiltrate sections of our crowd looking to do an expose of perceived racism in our fanbase
This is not over.

MVP MVP , you seem to be very quiet after having a lot to say.. Why is that???

You were very quick to jump down everyone’s throat thinking you knew everything, but you don’t and all you are left with is throwing pathetic little disagrees about because you can’t continue with your clueless campaign.
Yours and others silence says it all..

Now take a step back and accept that you don’t know everything and people are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

The Cunt from Chelsea lied to get Son sent off, he also lied because he was getting booed.

A Cunt amongst Cunts. No other word to describe this despicable piece of shit. Cunt.

Yep.. I will boo him as long as I have a breath in my being. The piece of shit knew he was getting booed so acted like the cunt he is. Pulling the race card and wrongfully accusing people of being racist is every bit as bad as being racist.
The lowest of the low, utter scum.
Well first of all I didn't accuse the fans of anything, my view is that Rudiger misheard the chant, my 'campaign' was just to say he was genuine about what he thought he heard and he had the right to make that allegation.

The club statement backs this up.

"We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took "

The club statement clears the fans AND Rudiger of any wrong doing.

"However there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

Views like yours calling him a cunt, saying he lied, talking about 'race card' and booing him all time, make us look extraordinarily bad and intolerant and goes against the club statement which was on point.

I'm definitely certain if fans follow your lead, one or a handful of idiots will step over the line and will racially abuse him for real.

The only person I think lied and didn't follow the correct protocol was ironically a spurs supporter.
He went on twitter to announce he heard it before telling the club or the police and only put forward the complaint when prompted.

Be interesting to know whether the non attention seeking Mr Hall attended the match on his own or with his buddies..

If the latter whether they thought they had heard something pf a racist nature.

The most telling thing I can say about how this has been reported, is that on the Night of the game, when I got home, my Wife* (who knows sod all about football, except that she dislikes it) already knew about the 'incident' as she had heard it on the News. (The ACTUAL, REAL news, not the Sky Sports version)...

This morning however, she wasn't remotely aware of the Police findings results... as the main media news broadcasters had somehow decided NOT to include it as one of the MAIN Headlines at the top of the hour, EVERY hour.
(They seemed more interested in reporting some dead Iranian General's funeral for some reason!)

Point being, whilst Sports news should never get in the way of ACTUAL news ...when it was potentially us being portrayed as RACISTS, it WAS EVERYWHERE... now, no findings apparently = no story!!
Especially when you consider that a Chelsea fan WAS arrested for racist remarks/chanting against Son... (a fact my Wife* also had no knowledge of, as that hadn't been reported on News at Ten at the time either!!)

...just a bit weird, Thass all...

* Blatent "I have a Wife" post!

Well first of all I didn't accuse the fans of anything, my view is that Rudiger misheard the chant, my 'campaign' was just to say he was genuine about what he thought he heard and he had the right to make that allegation.

"However there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

Views like yours calling him a cunt, saying he lied, talking about 'race card' and booing him all time, make us look extraordinarily bad and intolerant and goes against the club statement which was on point.

I'm definitely certain if fans follow your lead, one or a handful of idiots will step over the line and will racially abuse him for real.

The only person I think lied and didn't follow the correct protocol was ironically a spurs supporter.
He went on twitter to announce he heard it before telling the club or the police and only put forward the complaint when prompted.
Your position is well understood ... you believe he thought he heard something and that he was right to make the accusations he did ... so to you the same question I asked Pipes earlier

Now a full and thorough investigation has found no evidence of monkey chants to support the accusation he made, should he now withdraw those allegations?

Your position is well understood ... you believe he thought he heard something and that he was right to make the accusations he did ... so to you the same question I asked Pipes earlier

Now a full and thorough investigation has found no evidence of monkey chants to support the accusation he made, should he now withdraw those allegations?
Unless he believes that he heard wrongly then no and again I think the club statement backs that view up.

Or he lied?

Whether he 'thought he heard' something, or simply misheard, the damage has been done.
Until they find someone who DID say something, they can never say, 100% that NO one did... only that there's no evidence.

Many ACTUAL crimes don't get punished, cos of lack of evidence... Does it mean NOTHING happened every time? ...not sure.

Unless Rudiger comes out with an apology, or an admission of deliberately 'playing the race card', this will bubble away under the surface until the next time it "doesn't happen"!

Unless he believes that he heard wrongly then no and again I think the club statement backs that view up.

Fair enough I take your point but where do you draw the line?

If I were to publicly accuse you of racism would that be OK? how about if thought I heard a member of your family being racist and published that in the local paper?

At what point does an accusation need to have at least some evidence before it's taken down?

I'm not saying Rudiger was wrong for one second, however when does what now looks overwhelmingly like an error on his part need to be taken back to give the accused the protection of innocence?

This BS Holt is pushing about Spurs not being thorough is deluded. Think back to the Man City thing. The guy was identified and banned. Man City looked pro-active and looked good (or at least things quietened ) in the media. If Spurs could do the same they would do it in a heart beat. They found nothing despite all the hi tech cameras, and lip readers etc.
Then going on about stewards should be wearing cameras. Is he just ignoring Tottenham's statement about every single fan can be monitored every single minute. #Agenda.

Back
Top Bottom