Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at the game.
We can’t defend for shit, complete mess. Glimpses of Eriksen's former glory days.

Also that VAR decision going our way, was the most blatant yet. And I’m gutted for Norwich and embarrassed on our behalf that we needed a bs VAR decision to avoid being beaten by fukin Norwich.

Selective memory and bias aside, this was by far not the first time VAR has marginally ruled our way. But this decision was bad.

call it what you like, but VAR decision was correct 100%. Same happened with Kane 's goal the other day. I did not see you complain about that tho. Strange.

I'd have Ndombele and Lo Celso starting every week ahead of Dier and Sissoko. Amazing what difference it makes to have 2 or 3 players in CM who don't look like they're terrified of a football. Ndombele was our best player on the pitch today, always wanted it, confident and comfortable on the ball and can both run with it and play a good pass. Night and day from what we've had to endure there and will only improve with match fitness and getting to know the runs of his teammates better.

Wouldn't this hold a little more water if we either a) won or at least b) put in a convincing 90m performance...?

We struggled against a team at the bottom of the table that are known to leak goals.

Wouldn't this hold a little more water if we either a) won or at least b) put in a convincing 90m performance...?

We struggled against a team at the bottom of the table that are known to leak goals.
And continually make awful defensive mistakes that will end up costing a top four finish. Honestly I’m still baffled by Tobys new contract

Literally the worst team in the league and we can’t beat them.

Imagine that 3 against a decent midfield. The need for a proper DM in the team should be clear to all.

Bit they did at one point beat man city so are capable

Like 19 out of the 20 teams in the league this year, inconsistent.
They also leaked 5 goals to Villa so capable of being outplayed too.
They had 2 shots on target yesterday which tells its own story. We really needed to win.

A Friend is an ST holder at Norwich, he wasn’t expecting anything from yesterday (or from the City game for that matter), it’s just a very topsy turvy League.
And We didn’t lose, that’s the main positive to be taken from yesterday.

We are getting points from games I just don't know how. We are so so poor it's unbelievable where we are. Some of the players have gone backwards so bad it's scary. What's happened to parrot being on the bench and getting a few minutes. You take one or two players out our team we really are nothing at all and would be below half way. Always a Yid but I am just saying it how I see it

We are getting points from games I just don't know how. We are so so poor it's unbelievable where we are. Some of the players have gone backwards so bad it's scary. What's happened to parrot being on the bench and getting a few minutes. You take one or two players out our team we really are nothing at all and would be below half way. Always a Yid but I am just saying it how I see it

I agree that we’re not playing particularly well but yes we’re getting points and creating plenty of chances

We could have scored at least five yesterday and Harry and especially Dele were very wasteful in front of goal but the defence is a concern and the sooner we ship Serge out the better!!

Just staggering how much we have fallen off the pace with players and recruiting shoddy work from levy and poch.

Lo Celso was let go on loan with s low buyout clause after one season as a DM, and we now know he's just not there defensively

just on this, Lo Celso played mostly as an 8 in a cm3 at PSG in 17/18 and that was really his best position, he was shoved into playing as a 6 because of PSG’s injury crisis - and he did an OK job. e also plays as an 8/Cm for Argentina.

He isn’t a DM at all, but I think I’d trust him more in a Cm2 than I would normally Eriksen for example. (Although Eriksen was excellent yesterday). But you’d want a proper 6 in there with him.

We keep coming back to the same issue. We have two or three potential top level 8’s who would be much better played in CM3’s which would make the job of the central 6/dm so much easier and simplified, but we have had two managers now that keep trying to shoehorn I’ll-equipped players into even more demanding double pivots - asking players that aren’t great at football (Sissoko, Dier) to transition the ball and/or players that are good/better at transitioning the ball (Ndomble, Winks, Eriksen) to be DM’s or hybrid double pivots.

If we played a 433, it would ask less of Dier or even Skipp, and get the best out of players like Ndomble, Lo Celso, Winks, Eriksen.

I the same way that playing shit and winning (like we did for much of 17/18 and the first half of last season and some of this) can mask an underlying problem - that surfaces sooner or later - as it has the last 12 months, sometimes you can see signs of something decent even when you don’t win.

That was the first time we’d had Ndomble, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Sessegnon starting a PL game this season. And we started off in a fucking confusing shape as well, but that second half was one of the better halves of football we’ve played this season in as much as we’ve actually dominated a team through midfield, by keeping, passing and creating chances and preventing them (Norwich didn’t have a single shot in the second half).

It’s definitely to early to suck each other off yet, and that balance still wasn’t quite right, we desperately need a proper 6 in there and a LB, but it was a refreshing change to see us play football again, and if we can keep having a 5-1 xg ratio and not allowing teams so many chances, we could start to look like a contender again, instead of the disjointed cac footed also ran we’ve looked like for months.

And where does Alli fit into this masterplan of yours?

As capable of good “moments” as he is, I’d probably, ultimately, convert him into cash and exchanged him for a player who can move and play football at the same time.

In the mean time I guess he plays as one of the lateral forwards, or as one of the 8’s, or sits on the bench. Or he becomes a kind of back up false 9 for Kane?

Back
Top Bottom