Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You do it after others, like the last game. But because there was no shiny object for you to pin it on that house of cards would have fallen quickly today. I have no fear that you and Paddy will be back the next time he is shit but scores a goal.

Which is ironic because in the summer you said people were only criticizing because he didn't score many last season. Which for me is inaccurate. It's his overall play that is shit and the goals don't justify his continued selection even in his best scoring year.
Bore off pal. I think he should have scored a couple today. I don't think he was that good today.

When he plays well I will pipe up and say so. When people who struggle to understand what players roles are and say they are shite when they actually play well I will pipe up too. Today there is nothing to say.

The embarrassment of your posts came back to haunt you, you were made to look a tit and now you are desperate to try and regain some ground. At least try to put in some objectivity in your posts about him, it looks like you've sharpened your quill and wait for him to NOT have a MOTM performance for your to start popping off the hate posts or tag those as a matter of your obsession that think he's a good player.

Just try to make a post about the subject matter (Tottenham and or the players/manager) and not other posters.

Bore off pal. I think he should have scored a couple today. I don't think he was that good today.

When he plays well I will pipe up and say so. When people who struggle to understand what players roles are and say they are shite when they actually play well I will pipe up too. Today there is nothing to say.

The embarrassment of your posts came back to haunt you, you were made to look a tit and now you are desperate to try and regain some ground. At least try to put in some objectivity in your posts about him, it looks like you've sharpened your quill and wait for him to NOT have a MOTM performance for your to start popping off the hate posts or tag those as a matter of your obsession that think he's a good player.

Just try to make a post about the subject matter (Tottenham and or the players/manager) and not other posters.
Put him on ignore mate. It’s made my forum experience more enjoyable. I can’t stand posters who make the same point over and over again. He is, indeed, a crashing bore.

I fucking detest him. Could you imagine if his team-mates took a leaf out of his book and all started windmilling every time he did something that wasn't up to scratch? He's like a menstrual Berbatov.
Yes, yes, keep it coming. I can feel the hope draining from you...drip, drip, drip. If you lose anymore you might end up where I was in the summer. I have faith you will get there my son. He will play 90 minutes every game for the rest of the season along with many others that should have been painfully rebuilt. how'd Jan look for you today? Toby look as solid as ever? Go on my friend inject it in my veins. I need this to make me whole again after the sacrifice that we've had to suffer to make you happy. *

*make sure you inform me when you've recognized/admitted that I was right. That will be just the stuff. It's starting to feel like a VDV conversation.

Put him on ignore mate. It’s made my forum experience more enjoyable. I can’t stand posters who make the same point over and over again. He is, indeed, a crashing bore.
I find him OK because he's not an objectional cunt like some on here. Overall when I've engaged him he's been polite, which goes down well with me.

But it would be good to see him putting his own balls on the line with a meaningful post containing some objectivity about a player, manager, Tottenham other than trying to pick fights with very specific posters. Sure he goes to sleep thinking about me a paddy spur paddy spur whenever he sees a picture of Dele.

Tanguy is one pleasant thing to come from all of this in my mind. He is a quality player who can really turn and move with the ball, one of the few since Dembele (god I miss that man). He just needs to be played in the right role and position. Alongside a decent holding player(not Dier) I think he could be a world class act.

I find him OK because he's not an objectional cunt like some on here. Overall when I've engaged him he's been polite, which goes down well with me.

But it would be good to see him putting his own balls on the line with a meaningful post containing some objectivity about a player, manager, Tottenham other than trying to pick fights with very specific posters. Sure he goes to sleep thinking about me a paddy spur paddy spur whenever he sees a picture of Dele.

I read the match thread without logging on, so I did see a post of his tagging you and Paddy when Dele made a mistake. I don’t think that kind of thing is on really. I’ve got nothing against the fella, I just find him weary.

I read the match thread without logging on, so I did see a post of his tagging you and Paddy when Dele made a mistake. I don’t think that kind of thing is on really. I’ve got nothing against the fella, I just find him weary.
That is peculiar for sure, I mean I'm Dele's biggest fan but didn't occur to me to tag him when he played a great through-ball to Kane from which we won the pen. I will tag him though when Dele picks up his next England cap.

:harrysmile:

Until we get a top class DM in it has to be sissoko and Ndombele. Sissoko will do the running. Winks is an 8. I'm upbeat tonight. Couple of positions to upgrade are glaring and will improve us no end.

Ndombele has a certain soft squidgy quality which hopefully he will work off after a few sweaty coke binges with the rest of the lads. Sissoko is hard as fucking nails and as sober as a judge so doubtless a good example of how to live. He will give the lad some good advice, and it’s clear Ndombele will excel and exceed.

Also: both French speakers. There’s nothing like a partner bond with someone you can curse at in your own language!

xG is the most pointless and ridiculous use of maths in the whole world.

I'll agree its use is contentious but advanced metrics in football can't be that pointless because all clubs use them heavily now.

Im open minded enough to take on board information from stats and my own eyes. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

He was great today.

Struggled in the first half, but he was out of position. Importantly, he just *looks* better than those around him, like the big kid playing in the under 10s game. Give him twelve months and he will be absolutely running things.

We just need two either side of - industrious, simple midfielders that don't make mistakes. Hate to say it, but it's exactly what the Dippers have. A very competent, non-flashy midfield that simply passes to the front men.

Back
Top Bottom