Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It always feels like he is a nanosecond from getting caught on the ball. I'm not sure my blood pressure could take him in midfield.
Dier gives the ball away all day long, fouls for fun and plod-stomps around MF never threatening to recover position - ever.

Foyth has an error in him, but the net gain to our game would be substantial.

He's one of the best passers in the team and his vertical balls can be lethal.

Mou just needs to train simplicity into him to stabalise him more.

Paired with a tough, battling, dynamic Lo Celso = the best CM pairing we're yet to see imo.

The one thing I’m hanging onto is that Mourinho changes things. Dier hasn’t had a sniff as he was having a shocker. The only thing with Aurier is that we don’t have another option. Foyth/KWP aren’t the answer as we play with attacking full backs.
- Sessegnon is way off where we need him to be in my opinion (I don’t expect him to be at that level yet).
- Really enjoyed watching Ndombele be positive when he had the ball. Wasn’t afraid to receive it with his back to goal.
- We need another striker. No other team has just one first team striker (Not Parrot) Son or lucas aren’t the answer. Irrespective of game time we need another.
- Two full backs.
- Defensive Midfielder.
And they are easy to find........
I don't disagree about a backup striker and it's certainly true that most clubs haven't been lucky enough to rely on just one for the overwhelming majority of 5 years. But it seems like an "ideal world" request: something to be done if the club had unlimited resources. It's something that'd be nice to have rather than a top priority for a squad with so many other problems in such a ruthless transfer market. For the cost of getting a dedicated striker worth rotating with Kane in key competitions - meaning someone even close to as good - multiple far bigger gaps could be filled.

Son and Parrott are capable of managing basic rotational needs. But then there's already a world top 3 striker in the squad - the highest of any respective position - and most managers would want to use him >90% of the time. He's going to consistently score you goals at a rate above his xG if you give him the chances.

Any problem with Kane at the moment - insofar as there are issues with him individually - seem to me to stem from a simple lack of service and a lack of that telepathic partner upfront in the mould of a Dele or Eriksen from a couple of years ago.

Mate ..hes 19 years old on full debut and i dare say under orders to keep it simple , as tge game got on he got far more forward..easy target i guess when you can slaughter 5 possibly 6 seasoned pros round him.today
Not saying he won't end up being great but I can't think of anything he did today that was very notable. I do believe he will come good eventually.

I don't disagree about a backup striker and it's certainly true that most clubs haven't been lucky enough to rely on just one for the overwhelming majority of 5 years. But it seems like an "ideal world" request: something to be done if the club had unlimited resources. It's something that'd be nice to have rather than a top priority for a squad with so many other problems in such a ruthless transfer market. For the cost of getting a dedicated striker worth rotating with Kane in key competitions - meaning someone even close to as good - multiple far bigger gaps could be filled.

Son and Parrott are capable of managing basic rotational needs. But then there's already a world top 3 striker in the squad - the highest of any respective position - and most managers would want to use him >90% of the time. He's going to consistently score you goals at a rate above his xG if you give him the chances.

Any problem with Kane at the moment - insofar as there are issues with him individually - seem to me to stem from a simple lack of service and a lack of that telepathic partner upfront in the mould of a Dele or Eriksen from a couple of years ago.

Yes problem with Kane is that his performance is highly reliant on others. He's limited in terms of mobility/pace etc.

Buy a CDM and a right back in January and we will get top 4. In the summer upgrade goal keeper, and left back and we will look like a real side. Lots of positives in the second half, but the defensive errors is driving me mad. I thought Aurier was a bit unlucky (although he still should do better) for the OG, but his crossing and all round defending was not good enough. Foyth is a liability, a young David Luiz.

Who though?

I'd preserve with sess at left back. Jan is done. He looks late 30s never mind 32. A contract extension would be madness. Can tell sess is finding his confidence. Needs to just go on the outside and be aggressive. Dont help ali berating everyone even when he gives it away with another flick. Build team round Ndombele as the playmaker. Bit of steel next to him

Sissoko?

This is great and all, but ultimately we screwed the chances we had early and were clueless in defense against the last place team. The end result was 2-2 and we frankly escaped with a draw.

Yeah, that's sort of what xG is though.

i.e. you would normally expected us to have buried those early easy chances and killed them off.

Not saying he won't end up being great but I can't think of anything he did today that was very notable. I do believe he will come good eventually.
It seems like its an ongoing thing this some so called fans ..im.not picking you out ..but a youngster comes along if undoubted talent and the first thing that happens is he get dug out !..kane, bale townend mason in more recent times .. but its a recurring problem it seems

Back
Top Bottom