Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No loan.

Fashion him DM from now and we have a gem on our hands.

Destined to play that position.

Just train-in more composure, speed of decision making and simplicity.

He overthinks.

Every one of our centre backs made an error today leading to some kind of goal. Foyth getting an elbow to the face for the opener and Toby doing fuck all about it. Vertonghen embarrassingly jogging back for the harshly disallowed goal and Sanchez doing a disappearing act for their second.

Foyth is young and the most inexperienced out of all of our centre backs. Again, we are ruining his development if we aren't going to offer him game time he needs at his age.

DM is a pipe dream. Nothing more than fan fiction. Poch never done it. Mourinho will never do it. He's a centre back and right now, fourth choice who barely gets games. Get him a loan.

No loan.

Fashion him DM from now and we have a gem on our hands.

Destined to play that position.

Just train-in more composure, speed of decision making and simplicity.

He overthinks.

Oh please shut the fuck up the Foyth as DM rubbish. He'd be even more of a liability as DM than he is as CB. Literally nothing about him suggests he'd be any good as a DM. Literally nothing.

I do find it weird that it's the inexperienced centre half making his first league start of the season thread that's bumped and not Tobys, who was much more at fault for the goal and in general had a worse game.

Or Vertonghen who was even worse and was also hooked at half time. Or Sanchez who had a hand in Norwichs second.

Yes, he lost possession, and got a face full of elbow in the process, but Norwich are FORTY yards from goal when they get the ball....

I do find it weird that it's the inexperienced centre half making his first league start of the season thread that's bumped and not Tobys, who was much more at fault for the goal and in general had a worse game.

Or Vertonghen who was even worse and was also hooked at half time. Or Sanchez who had a hand in Norwichs second.

Yes, he lost possession, and got a face full of elbow in the process, but Norwich are FORTY yards from goal when they get the ball....

Probably because almost every game Foyth plays he makes a monumental fuck up of some sort.

Foyth needs to learn when to stop fucking about in dangerous areas, time to play time to turn opposition. He should be getting it by now, I've always thought he had huge potential but how he's an international and his errors per game in premier league aren't great. To me there was four errors in first goal. First Foyth losing possession, secondly Ndombele runs past ball and danger( I know not his natural job) , thirdly Toby needs to realise it's time to pressure ball and forget runners to his right and lastly Gazzaniga should be doing better. Ball know here near corner of goal

Probably because almost every game Foyth plays he makes a monumental fuck up of some sort.

Except you know the last game he played where Mourinho praised him.

But yeah, elbow to the face whilst Alderweireld let's a Norwich midfielder run 20 yards is a monumental fuck up on Foyths part. Got ya.

Wasn't that why you got booted off Spurs Community, because you kept starting team threads with Foyth as DM and it ended up pissing everyone off? We're lot less tolerant here, in case you hadn't noticed.
lolz wtf??

Let me get this straight: you want to get someone banned from a football forum for selecting one of the club's young players for their own personal match-day 11 - literally, just what they'd like to see , because they have huge faith in that player's potential - because some people might disagree with the idea and find it just too unbearable to endure?

What kind of lonely, sad, hateful life are you leading to actually spend time threatening someone on a football forum with something like that?

Monumentally tragic.

I, genuinely, feel sorry for you.

Apart from a few eye catching long balls Toby has been shit for months. Backing off, turning his back and losing aerial duals in our box from set-pieces. He’s so overrated by many of our fans - I honestly don’t see what he brings anymore.

Except you know the last game he played where Mourinho praised him.

But yeah, elbow to the face whilst Alderweireld let's a Norwich midfielder run 20 yards is a monumental fuck up on Foyths part. Got ya.
Remember last season against Woolwich he got the blame for us losing because he lost the ball on halfway, despite bot Vertonghen and Dier having truly shit games. Jan especially who gave away a needless penalty, let a player run in behind him for the second, stood off the player for the third and got sent off.

Despite that, Foyth's fault.

Foyth needs to learn when to stop fucking about in dangerous areas, time to play time to turn opposition. He should be getting it by now, I've always thought he had huge potential but how he's an international and his errors per game in premier league aren't great. To me there was four errors in first goal. First Foyth losing possession, secondly Ndombele runs past ball and danger( I know not his natural job) , thirdly Toby needs to realise it's time to pressure ball and forget runners to his right and lastly Gazzaniga should be doing better. Ball know here near corner of goal
Yes, he needs quick, decisive play drilled into him along with simplification.

That has to be the foundation of his game.

The rest will then naturally form around that.

He's one of the top passers/progressive passers in the side, and it's a damn shame we haven't utilised that properly, yet.

Apart from a few eye catching long balls Toby has been shit for months. Backing off, turning his back and losing aerial duals in our box from set-pieces. He’s so overrated by many of our fans - I honestly don’t see what he brings anymore.
Lots of our fans are loving living in 2016.

They'll happily come on here to click disagree or tell you that you're talking shite.

But you know what, I feel sorry for them that they know so little about football.

Remember last season against Woolwich he got the blame for us losing because he lost the ball on halfway, despite bot Vertonghen and Dier having truly shit games. Jan especially who gave away a needless penalty, let a player run in behind him for the second, stood off the player for the third and got sent off.

Despite that, Foyth's fault.

That was horrendous. I remember it well.

People said the mistake was starting Foyth instead of Toby that day. If wasn't. It was starting Vertonghen, in what I believe was his first game back from injury!?

Quick to praise him though when he bosses Chelsea in a 3-1 win. The last time we beat them in the league.

You're only as good as your last game though at Spurs. If you're a young inexperienced player and you misplace a pass you are a shit Championship level player. And then people wonder why barely any of our younger players want to stay.

lolz wtf??

Let me get this straight: you want to get someone banned from a football forum for selecting one of the club's young players for their own personal match-day 11 - literally, just what they'd like to see , because they have huge faith in that player's potential - because some people might disagree with the idea and find it just too unbearable to endure?

What kind of lonely, sad, hateful life are you leading to actually spend time threatening someone on a football forum with something like that?

Monumentally tragic.

I, genuinely, feel sorry for you.

No one's threatening you with banning, but you can't bring your Spurs Community ways here. There, you might have been Mr "I'm a cad who puts Foyth as DM in every team because it's really funny" but it won't wash here. It's infantile, to be quite honest.

You're just trying to be a smart arse and it hasn't worked.

I personally didn't think he did too bad overall. The error he made was halfway up the pitch and got him an elbow in the face, but there were 4 players behind him that should have been able to mop that up so it's a bit unfair to blame him for the goal.

He's young and needs playing time to improve so if he's not going to get regular minutes with us he need to go out on loan.

I'm not totally against thinktank thinktank idea of training him as DM. He played there as a teenager before dropping back so he has some of it in him. I'm not sure if we'd be better off coaching him into a solid RB instead though, I think that's where he plays for Argentina.
Still only 21 I think so there's still time to mould him into a preferred position.

That was horrendous. I remember it well.

People said the mistake was starting Foyth instead of Toby that day. If wasn't. It was starting Vertonghen, in what I believe was his first game back from injury!?

Quick to praise him though when he bosses Chelsea in a 3-1 win. The last time we beat them in the league.

You're only as good as your last game though at Spurs. If you're a young inexperienced player and you misplace a pass you are a shit Championship level player. And then people wonder why barely any of our younger players want to stay.
Day one - Jose walks up to Japhet Tanganga and says "You're the guy who marked Ronaldo. Make yourself known"

Tanganga still to play a minute under Jose.

Day one - Jose walks up to Japhet Tanganga and says "You're the guy who marked Ronaldo. Make yourself known"

Tanganga still to play a minute under Jose.

All whilst seeing someone, playing their position and on the decline, get a bumper new contract whilst yours expires in 6 months time.

Hey, atleast he's made the bench in the last two games.

Back
Top Bottom