Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually really, really intrigued by a Foyth/Ndombele pairing in midfield.
Foyth/GLC would be the magic bullet.

I would play Ndombele #10 more often than not in a 4231.

I think he should be battling that position out with Dele to keep him on his toes.

Keeps them both fresh and hungry and gives Ndombee ability to play more freely.

We need to release his creativity.

Foyth/GLC would be the magic bullet.

I would play Ndombele #10 more often than not in a 4231.

I think he should be battling that position out with Dele to keep him on his toes.

Keeps them both fresh and hungry and gives Ndombee ability to play more freely.

We need to release his creativity.

My gut is telling me this also.... Just cos he's played #8 previously; doesn't mean that translates appropriately in this league given his skill-set.

Bit of a pisser if it turns out we spent a record-breaking 60m on a player to merely challenge for a position that wasn't particularly an issue tho'....

My gut is telling me this also.... Just cos he's played #8 previously; doesn't mean that translates appropriately in this league given his skill-set.

Bit of a pisser if it turns out we spent a record-breaking 60m on a player to merely challenge for a position that wasn't particularly an issue tho'....
Eriksen's leaving, so we still need him tbf.

Special player when his game is firing.

Would get goals from #10 as well imo.

Don't flog him.

Flaky hams.

Feels like we got 3 potential #10s under Jose (DA, TN, GLC) and back to square one at CM.

If we can get away with it, I'd say we're better off not making GLC permanent if it means letting JM go out and buy exactly what he wants in order to revamp the DM + CM axis.

Feels like we got 3 potential #10s under Jose (DA, TN, GLC) and back to square one at CM.

If we can get away with it, I'd say we're better off not making GLC permanent if it means letting JM go out and buy exactly what he wants in order to revamp the DM + CM axis.
Nah. Gotta keep him.

Integrating Ndombee via #10 will give him the best chance.

We could then drop him deeper and get more scope out of him once he's up to speed with the prem and 'gets it'.

Then we get 2 positions out of him, long term.

GLC can play in the middle or across the A3.

Can't just bin-off that versatility and the quality he has.

Nah. Gotta keep him.

Integrating Ndombee via #10 will give him the best chance.

We could then drop him deeper and get more scope out of him once he's up to speed with the prem and 'gets it'.

Then we get 2 positions out of him, long term.

GLC can play in the middle or across the A3.

Can't just bin-off that versatility and the quality he has.

Don't get me wrong, I was under the impression that we bought him to be a #8 with a CM3 in mind, but then Jose arrived. Meanwhile, I don't see him thriving as a R-AM or L-AM at all. #8 or #10 to my mind.

Our budget is finite... We'd be better off signing a R-AM to start and relegate Lucas to back-up, IMO.

??? (Skipp) / ??? (Winks/Sissoko)
??? (Lucas) / Dele (Ndombele) / Son (Sessengon)
Kane (Parrott)​

...But yeh; Foyth. :king:

Don't get me wrong, I was under the impression that we bought him to be a #8 with a CM3 in mind, but then Jose arrived. Meanwhile, I don't see him thriving as a R-AM or L-AM at all. #8 or #10 to my mind.

Our budget is finite... We'd be better off signing a R-AM to start and relegate Lucas to back-up, IMO.

??? (Skipp) / ??? (Winks/Sissoko)
??? (Lucas) / Dele (Ndombele) / Son (Sessengon)
Kane (Parrott)​

...But yeh; Foyth. :king:
Agree his best position is central (and preferably deep).

But I wouldn't draw too much from the minutes on his ability to be more versatile, effectively.

Agree his best position is central (and preferably deep).

But I wouldn't draw too much from the minutes on his ability to be more versatile, effectively.

I'm not aware of him having a history of playing out wide either tho'.

Is he gonna run at players with the ball or scare FBs with pace? ...Hug the line and deliver good crosses or anything else typically associated with wide men? I suspect not.

I'm not aware of him having a history of playing out wide either tho'.

Is he gonna run at players with the ball or scare FBs with pace? ...Hug the line and deliver good crosses or anything else typically associated with wide men? I suspect not.
I don't see any issues with pace, touch, drive and attacking intention.

Soon after Foyth came to us and I suggested (on another forum) we take a look at him at DM, the typical village idiots came out pouring scorn; at one point I said it wouldn't be an outlandish claim if Jose was our manager, as he will look to utilise a player thoroughly.

Now he's here I'm confident that's - sooner or later - exactly what we'll see from him.

I don't see any issues with pace, touch, drive and attacking intention.

The specific traits I cited aren't core to him though are they? (I see a CE-esque player, albeit a little less grace and a bit more hustle) ...Just feels like a square peg scenario and thus I feel money better spent elsewhere.

Still, a lot can happen between now and May.

Soon after Foyth came to us and I suggested (on another forum) we take a look at him at DM, the typical village idiots came out pouring scorn; at one point I said it wouldn't be an outlandish claim if Jose was our manager, as he will look to utilise a player thoroughly.

Now he's here I'm confident that's - sooner or later - exactly what we'll see from him.

I don't think people (here at least) doubted the prospect of JF at DM based on his skill-set (I think it's logically suggestive).

Poch never gave it a shot.... Will JM? We'll see.....

The specific traits I cited aren't core to him though are they? (I see a CE-esque player, albeit a little less grace and a bit more hustle) ...Just feels like a square peg scenario and thus I feel money better spent elsewhere.

Still, a lot can happen between now and May.

I don't think people (here at least) doubted the prospect of JF at DM based on his skill-set (I think it's logically suggestive).

Poch never gave it a shot.... Will JM? We'll see.....

Way too optimistic, bro. lol

Anyway, yes, let's see what JM cooks up over the next couple months.

Not really.... It's not an observation exclusive to yourself.

....Peeps just got it into their heads over the summer that Poch was hellbent on making JF our new RB.
Not what replies to my team selections have suggested, but, then again, always poss. there's a silent majority.

Not what replies to my team selections have suggested, but, then again, always poss. there's a silent majority.

I think it's more that the persistence became meme.... Some also see team selections as predictions rather than preference.

I think it's more that the persistence became meme.... Some also see team selections as predictions rather than preference.
ink people (here at least) doubted the prospect of JF at DM based on his skill-set (I think it's logically suggestive).

I, generally, persist with Logic.

Also stated very clearly, early on, that trying to guess what team the manager would pick is boring to me.

Much more interesting to put forward one's own ideas imo.

I, generally, persist with Logic.

Also stated very clearly, early on, that trying to guess what team the manager would pick is boring to me.

Much more interesting to put forward one's own ideas imo.

I'm just accounting for the perception....

It's your choice... There's no right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom