Who can replace Eriksen ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the MOTD analysis of the Brighton game were Murphy and Wright highlighted Moura & Eriksen as the two match winning performances, I’m no ex professional footballer but watching that game in relative sobriety for a change (ps: never doing that again)I said to the wife if I had a quid for every time I looked at the pitch and saw a massive green circle looking space where our midfield should be we would be set for life.....
Lucas Moura tries, no questioning that bit, but overall ability with the ball is seriously lacking, sure he will pop in the odd goal, even pick out the occasional assist but a broken watch is still right twice a day, but he isn’t a player of high enough quality for a team aspiring to win titles....
Eriksen, has his qualities too, can look world class on his day but he’s missing way to many qualities and more importantly consistency, there is a reason Jose puts him on fresh with 20mins to go, he simply doesn’t trust him for 90mins anymore, and I don’t blame him.

Harry Kane is a striker, but the way he dropped deep and played a “quick” positive forward ball would put any one of our midfielders to shame....the guy is a full level above any of our current midfielders and he’s a fucking striker, that’s worrying.....

I honestly think Winks & Sissoko wouldn’t get regular football in most mid table teams over a full season, again that’s worrying....

This is Eriksens thread so:

I really hope we can get a good trade for him in January, I don’t really want him anymore and a fresh face could do wonders, as much asI love Kane dropping into midfield and love those blind shoulder passes he needs to get back up front along with an inform Alli....touchy subject to some here but Modric, even at his age would be a great addition right about now, and let’s try and close that big green circle a little!!

Yes there is. There are varying spectrums of autism and aspergers is classed as a mild case of autism. There are also varying degrees of aspergers - from finding it impossible to communicate and then another case of being able to function on a social level but being fixated by a task to the point everything else in life is no longer a priority.
There are as many autisms as there are cases of autism. I refuse to understand the spectrum in terms of severity.

Do we need to replace Eriksen? If you consider what Eriksen brings can we not replace that across the team rather than with a single like-for-like player?

We have Kane, Moura, Son, Dele, Lamela, Sessegnon to fill the front three spots, that already gives us great back-up ...

behind them we now have one from Ndombele and LoCelso and currently Eriksen

behind them two from Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Skipp, Wanyama

If you look at the quality the obvious place for an upgrade is the defensive midfield role, if we just replace Eriksen with another player who will fight with Ndombele and LoCelso we don't gain much however if we upgrade in the DM position we could gain a lot.

The talk around Eriksen for Bale is exciting and going forward we would be scary good, but that wouldn't help us in defence all that much ... we need a Kante or a Fernandinho who doesn't, would like us to go for Julian Weigl, Sander Berge or even Declan Rice as potential superstar defensive midfielders.

Do we need to replace Eriksen? If you consider what Eriksen brings can we not replace that across the team rather than with a single like-for-like player?

We have Kane, Moura, Son, Dele, Lamela, Sessegnon to fill the front three spots, that already gives us great back-up ...

behind them we now have one from Ndombele and LoCelso and currently Eriksen

behind them two from Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Skipp, Wanyama

If you look at the quality the obvious place for an upgrade is the defensive midfield role, if we just replace Eriksen with another player who will fight with Ndombele and LoCelso we don't gain much however if we upgrade in the DM position we could gain a lot.

The talk around Eriksen for Bale is exciting and going forward we would be scary good, but that wouldn't help us in defence all that much ... we need a Kante or a Fernandinho who doesn't, would like us to go for Julian Weigl, Sander Berge or even Declan Rice as potential superstar defensive midfielders.

the problem being there is no creative spark... we've struggled to create chances before Eriksen gets subbed in. So all this talk about "new style" is of no use if the team is struggling to score goals. Would hate for us to be a "mourinho team" that scores a goal and then parks the bus for the enire game

the problem being there is no creative spark... we've struggled to create chances before Eriksen gets subbed in. So all this talk about "new style" is of no use if the team is struggling to score goals. Would hate for us to be a "mourinho team" that scores a goal and then parks the bus for the enire game
Isn't that what we paid big money for Ndombele and LoCelso to add? We're never going to park-the-bus not with the squad we have, we simply don't have the midfield players to do that ... would be nice to stop leaking goals at almost 2 per game .. you don't win anything with those numbers.

IMO another properly rounded MF like GLC. It's not high on the priority list but when it does happen it will preferably be a player that can contribute when things get a little tetchy. Oh, and can show his 'intelligent' MF play in more than just passing with the benefit of time and space. Perhaps a MFer that can make their own time and space with the ball but with a slightly more attacking mentality.

IMO another properly rounded MF like GLC. It's not high on the priority list but when it does happen it will preferably be a player that can contribute when things get a little tetchy. Oh, and can show his 'intelligent' MF play in more than just passing with the benefit of time and space. Perhaps a MFer that can make their own time and space with the ball but with a slightly more attacking mentality.

Really shoulda cloned that bad MFer, Dembele, whilst we had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom