Who can replace Eriksen ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not when I think Lo Celso could just be a more well rounded Eriksen.

Begs the question then, you'd rather sign Werner than sort out our more pressing DM/FB needs?

....Surely that's the key to unlocking GLC and Ndombele, rather than another "attacker"?

Really shoulda cloned that bad MFer, Dembele, whilst we had the chance.
Jeez, AF. You out here making sad. What happened to our MF? I think back to all the folks that complained that he couldn't/didn't X, Y, or Z while ignoring that our whole foundation was built upon his big Belgian shoulders.

Begs the question then, you'd rather sign Werner than sort out our more pressing DM/FB needs?

....Surely that's the key to unlocking GLC and Ndombele, rather than another "attacker"?

Werner would sort out the further goal involvement we'd lose without Eriksen.

Id just replace our full backs with new fullbacks and Dier and Wanyama with a new DM

Jeez, AF. You out here making sad. What happened to our MF? I think back to all the folks that complained that he couldn't/didn't X, Y, or Z while ignoring that our whole foundation was built upon his big Belgian shoulders.

Fuck goals and assist; biggest gift is he created time and space for us...

Werner would sort out the further goal involvement we'd lose without Eriksen.

Id just replace our full backs with new fullbacks and Dier and Wanyama with a new DM

Speaks for itself. Somewhat off-topic, but clearer now at least. :adethumbup:

Fuck goals and assist; biggest gift is he created time and space for us...
...so much time and space for players that can't create their own. And we're seeing the results of that now. And folks wonder why we look so bad. It's always the MF.

...so much time and space for players that can't create their own. And we're seeing the results of that now. And folks wonder why we look so bad. It's always the MF.

Dembele made some of our players including Eriksen and Ali look much better than they were and a lot of our supporters failed to appreciate this both then and now. We need to get Ndombele fit and try to develop him into a similar role

Honestly think that GLC given the chance could fulfil the role, would love to see us get van den beek from Ajax to play in the centre, just to add that goal threat from central midfield as well with Lo Celso further forward.
Can’t see us pulling bale deal off.

James Rodriguez has been put up for sale. Mourinho type player to replace eriksen ?

He seems like the player that would flourish as a big fish in a smaller pond versus pulling his weight in a club like R.Madrid surrounded by superstars

First, you have to have a style of football you want to play. You then need to find the players who will suit that style. Failure to define this leaves you with a mess that Utd found themselves in under Jose.

Fuck eriksen we should have been moving on already .. let him go , let anybody who don't get excited to play for us go ! You don't win competitive sport without passion and enthusiasm ..

As much as I love Dele, I really do think Lo Celso was bought to replace eriksen. And eriksen was always better as a number 10 rather than out on the wing. So until we get a better option in as a right winger, it would be:

-----(destroyer brought in) - Ndombele
-----------Lo Celso (eriksen replacement)
Dele -‐----------------Kane -----------------Son

Yes Lo Celso isn't prime eriksen yet. But neither was eriksen prime VdV when we got him. We're not money bags, so our team will always be developing our replacements. We just have to hope we manage the transition between the old guard and new guard better next time.

Eventually Dele would be sold I think (to avoid a loss of value like eriksen), and a proper right winger brought in.

Back
Top Bottom