Who can replace Eriksen ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We shouldn't replace him.

Rather spend money on developing the team as a whole. Personally I would rather have a better passing no8 than a new Eriksen.

One of the reasons we are in the shitter is that we focussed on trying to make other players imitate Dembele rather than develop the team.

Lacking fitness, substituted after 58 minutes, first Inter set-piece hitting the first man.

Our Christian seems to be making quite the impression in Italy.

If he hadn't been playing his football not getting out of 2nd gear whilst picking up his wage then maybe he'd have more fuel in the tank going into his new club.

No injuries, just a lack of effort for the club he agreed to represent for the time he was under contract with us. Absolutely no sympathy for him if he's struggling at the moment, you get what you've given and he checked out with us far too long ago.

Eden Hazard won the Europa league in his last year at Chelsea, its a huge shame Eriksen didn't show that kindness of desire for a team that put the spotlight on him. I wish him all the best but my level of respect for him dropped significantly over the last year or so, that lack of enthusiasm was ultimately down to him.

Lacking fitness, substituted after 58 minutes, first Inter set-piece hitting the first man.

I said it a while back - I genuinely think Eriksen is just burnt out.

It reminds me of the whole Alexis Sanchez scenario. All of a sudden a players performances just change and never recover.

He's played consistently for 10 years on average about 45 games a sesson. Ever since he was 18 years old. That'll take a toll on him.

And if that IS the case, then we've done a great job getting the amount of money we did when he was due to leave for free in the summer.

I don't even think he's downed his tools or anything, just believe this is the players he now is. A player he's become.

Seems the thread title was indeed on Conte's mind:

"Who can replace Eriksen ?" :eriksenserious:

I said it a while back - I genuinely think Eriksen is just burnt out.

It reminds me of the whole Alexis Sanchez scenario. All of a sudden a players performances just change and never recover.

He's played consistently for 10 years on average about 45 games a sesson. Ever since he was 18 years old. That'll take a toll on him.

And if that IS the case, then we've done a great job getting the amount of money we did when he was due to leave for free in the summer.

I don't even think he's downed his tools or anything, just believe this is the players he now is. A player he's become.
IF you are right, then it's tragic for football as a whole even though it is good business for us. Italy might well be a more forgiving place for him.

Back
Top Bottom