Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much Hateing Dier and Sissoko......... Dier I fully understand. I dont think he is up to playing in the EPL. But Sissoko....... He ran himself to the ground. He is the only player in the first half that even tried. Son, Lucas, and Kane rely on balls from the midfield. Most Deli Ali. Today he was playing further back than Dier.

Today its all on Mourin-tino. He hasn't changed anything about our midfield. He brings Eriksen on to try fix things. He keeps Ndombele, the only player who boosts our midfield, until the 73rd minute. And just to make sure he seals it off by bringing on Rose.

His tactics remind me off the stubborness of the coach we just sacked

We're gonna be despised by EVERYONE now!
Whaddaya mean now? I've always felt like everyone hates us. It used to be pity and laughter before we got good under Poch. Now, amongst fans at least, it's just hate and the pundits that we did get on board with the football have now turned because of their beef with Jose.

Midfield......lack off simple if we’d competed there whole game changed as said we flattered the chavs they had time to play and getting their passing up and running.

Mou wont go on record saying 1/2 of the squad ain't good enough when he's trying to be a nice guy. I have no doubt Levy and him know work needs to be done and money spent.

If we don't get a RB and LB and CDM in at least in Jan kiss top 4 goodbye imo
Just 1 good signing in any of those positions will help a lot.

... as for the Neanderthals that have given football a reason to call US racist.... against CHELSEA of all clubs... you just don't get it....
Do people realise the main reason Spurs are HATED so much is 'cos everyone associated us with being Jewish... and NOW we're RACIST JEWS... so good luck with the popularity vote now you pricks!

We're gonna be despised by EVERYONE now!

Did you see or hear anybody being racist on the Sky Cameras? Because I didn't.

And forgive me for not taking Rudger's word for it, First of, as others have said he might have misheard it. Secondly he's Chelsea do we trust him?

I'll give our fans the benefit until I see or hear it on the camera's, at which point I will utterly condemn it.

Sissoko did fairly well breaking the lines with Dier dropping back and holding. Moura offered very little, as did Son. Alli found himself dropping to free options. Also, if we’re playing long-ball to open the counter, then the defence shouldn’t take 35 touches and pass sideways five times before punting it up.

a very frustrating afternoon.

im off to deliver presents (and no, I’m not Father Christmas!)
If you set up like this, your forwards are either going to play a blinder or fade into anonymity (or worse) because those are their only options. When all you can do to move forward is lump it up the pitch to bypass an incapable midfield, you're relying on individual moments of magic from the forward players (which are called moments of magic precisely because they're not all that common; certainly not common enough to be relied upon as a legitimate strategy).

I think the clear dichotomy of "good" and "shit" matches with little in the middle under Jose thus far affirms that reliance on individual brilliance. And it's pure folly: even Messi can't drag a talented Argentina team to the top consistently.

All of that considered, I have a hard time blaming someone like, say, Kane whose only involvement consisted of a low-percentage chance, a few defensive clearances and a very good cross for Son. He didn't do much wrong, or much at all, because he simply didn't have the opportunity.

I don't think they were anything special. We were just dogshit on the day. I felt we were going to get at least a draw before the red card.

Since we could barely test their keeper. I didn't think we'd have done anything. They controlled us the whole and we gifted them two goals and a player less to make it the easiest game they could have away from home.

Which games has he bailed us out of?

Well, won the corner and picked out Vetonghens late run last weekend with his first two touches and completely changed the game against Olympiacos at two nil down and scored a goal.

Just off the top of my head.

Don't let your perception of him wanting off change the fact that our midfield is void of any ability to advance the ball. And he is still our most proven progressive player.

A shit show from the manager to the fans. Wrong team selection and formation.

The team showed a lack of desire and were second to everything Chelsea did.

Worrisome that Jose was out thought by a guy who has had less than 2 years in management.

As for the fans who threw stuff and who were chantting rascit shit, they have no place at our club, pricks everyone of them.

Last edited:
If you set up like this, your forwards are either going to play a blinder or fade into anonymity (or worse) because those are their only options. When all you can do to move forward is lump it up the pitch to bypass an incapable midfield, you're relying on individual moments of magic from the forward players (which are called moments of magic precisely because they're not all that common; certainly not common enough to be relied upon as a legitimate strategy).

I think the clear dichotomy of "good" and "shit" matches with little in the middle under Jose thus far affirms that reliance on individual brilliance. And it's pure folly: even Messi can't drag a talented Argentina team to the top consistently.

All of that considered, I have a hard time blaming someone like, say, Kane whose only involvement consisted of a low-percentage chance, a few defensive clearances and a very good cross for Son. He didn't do much wrong, or much at all, because he simply didn't have the opportunity.

A “low percentage chance”?????

He missed an absolute sitter mate

Not even gong to comment on the football. Too angry.

In regard to the ALLEGED racist chants. Is there any evidence of someone guilty of it? If so fair enough but I was once with a group of Spurs fans at Stansted airport waiting for a flight to a euro game ( can’t remember which one) whilst I was at t h bar with 4 other spurs fans, in walked a further 8 or 9 singing, who who who let the Yids out. Next thing I know a copper turned up saying the manager had reported us for racist/monkey chants. We explained to the copper that they were singing who who who let the yids out.. The copper called the manager over and said, “ as a Spurs fan, I can confirm this is a regular chant” the manager wasn’t happy but it stopped there. The copper told us to tone it down a bit so the same mistake can’t happen again.

I never heard anything but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the same here.. Not saying it was but there is a chance unless there is video footage of course.

Oh and Fuck the <removed> chav cunts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom