Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not the abuse, but the nature of the abuse that’s the issue.
just being pedantic but it was a paper cup not a bottle. And the warnings are repeated irrespective of how many alleged racist incidents there are. It is interesting that Sky haven't any footage of the alleged incident - I have never known that before.

... as for the Neanderthals that have given football a reason to call US racist.... against CHELSEA of all clubs... you just don't get it....
Do people realise the main reason Spurs are HATED so much is 'cos everyone associated us with being Jewish... and NOW we're RACIST JEWS... so good luck with the popularity vote now you pricks!

We're gonna be despised by EVERYONE now!

Literally one of the worst performances in living memory for me, and I'm sure we all remember the mid 90's. At least then there was desire. Was it the Xmas do the night before or something? Second to every ball. Beaten in the air time and time again. Shit from start to finish. Awful.
We looked like the under-invested mess that we are, sadly.

Last weekend's set of results were SO unlikely (Our last minute win at Wolves, coupled with Chelsea's home defeat to Bournemouth) makes me think our players are just too stupid to be able to see where the advantage can be taken... we coulda been 4th, and above them tonight... but NOOOO ...our players are too big for all that.... we've got the Champions League to focus on!

Fucking hell, we JUST don't get it, do we?
Chance well and truly missed!

....Fuck it.

Next match:
Dier out, Ndombele in
Dele out, Lo Celso in
Son out, Sessegnon in

Would rather see KWP than Aurier but yea, not gonna pretend it has a chance of happening.

If you take Levys interview at face value from this week then we shouldn't expect anything.

Key points from that interview were "If we were guaranteed top four every season it would be boring" and "The obsession with spending money in England needs to stop, it doesn't happen overseas."

Both of those things speak volumes to me.

In that case we should just sack it in now...

And doesn't happen overseas ? Is he on fucking crack all the top clubs in every league spend big because you have to so you stay there.

Winks has his place IMO in a cm 3 and I've said Dier needs shifting also, and we have been trying sell Vic the one legged for 2 years but no one wants him
Yea you can have your opinion but winks wouldnt get in the top 12 teams. Probably fits a relegation contender where players will run around a lot but cant pass or defend.

Well, that’s Christmas ruined

Chelsea thoroughly deserved the win, and should have won by more. Pathetic tactics from Mourinho and a pathetic performance by most of the players

whoever was sitting around the apparent racist chanters, do everything you can to get them banned, take pictures, get their details, do anything you can. Im not a grass but this is a different matter

onwards and upwards

We never had those type of remarks in our club ever. Monkey chants didn't exist until these few months that's why players feel targeted whenever they hear something and create something out of nothing. So let's not judge until there's an evidence.
This is 100% in line with my thoughts on it. There are cameras on the entirety of the crowd, and if people were doing monkey chants then rest assured it'll have been taped and they can get the bans they deserve.

Three tannoy announcements is proof of Chelsea complaining (and/or the club not wanting to appear to condone racism) not proof of the incidents happening.

Of course, wankers on twitter seem to currently be in a race to out-virtue-signal one another and prove how terribly un-racist they are by treating this as absolute.
I want actual proof before condemning someone, thanks.

Edit: sure enough, it turns out that the three tannoy announcements were exactly ten minutes apart and were automatic protocol for a single incident being reported (i.e. not three incidents)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom