Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well it's all gonna be on the sweet old Mr Levy now.

Put your bollocks on the table take a hit on the shit like Sissoko Aurier Rose Dier, sell Eriksen for whatever you can get and fucking get us some young hungry players in or players who know how to win. Cause these lot are fucked and don't deserve to be here

Sissoko? The guy is a goat. You can't ask him to run all over the pitch and not be fucking shattered. As for the rest, yes but eriksen is leaving on a free obviously

I know we are/were shit, but I'm still sticking around. If fans can't show committment then why should the players care and just get paid. This the reason why the atmosphere in the stadium is so shit

I am still here mate but these players are letting the fans down time and tine again.

And how much do you want to bet there will be more fcuking empty apologies.

They can lose but they are crumbling just as the tower starts to rebuild all the effing time.

Utterly sick of it.

And it is NOT ALL DOWN TO LEVY.

Season defining defeat, the manner of it. Lets see where do we start:
1. The walking disaster (since he cant run) Dier, that one decision to start him alone cost us the game. He is not a PL quality footballer and should never ever start again. We lost it in the first 15 mins and there was no way back. So thats on Jose.
2. Aurier - guess there is not much Jose can do here as he is the only RB available - but man I cannot wait to see the back of that cunt on his way out of this club
3. Alli - do we have Dele's brother back? Yes we do!
4. Lucas - he can moan all he wants about Poch, but he is not a starter. He is a great impact sub with some great solo goals every few games and he adds absolutely nothing else.
5. Son - love the skill but his behavior is well and truly getting to me - its shameful all the crying, the petulant kick outs (thats twice he has cost us valuable points) and that incredulous look when he deservedly gets a red! Get a grip man.
6. Gazza - I cant believe I am saying this but can we start Vorm in the next game if he is fit please?
7. And finally to end with Jose - tactically out thought by a rookie, wrong starting line up, not deciding clearly between playing Eriksen or freezing him out, not being able to motivate the players for such a big game - either pre game or at half time. Third game against a top side (and thats being generous to this chelsea side) where he flopped. Watch the fake Jose of the first 7 games disappear slowly now, watch the excuses roll in, as he realizes this is not an easy fix and he is not the messiah he once was supposedly. Not too hopeful for this season and very very interesting what happens this summer as he asks for a whole new squad (without CL to boot).

Really hard day to be a spurs fan today. It wasn't the defeat it was the manner of it.
Clueless management.
Lack of desire.
Bereft of skill.
Error ridden.
Petulant red card.
At least one object thrown at the opposition.
Allegations of racism.

Tomorrow we regroup and go again. But today it hurts.... a lot.

Chelsea captain just alleged racist chants. Anyone at the game shed any light?

I am season ticket holder but couldn't make today. Not saying it did or didn't happen. But would just be very shocked and surprised if it did happen.
Irony against thee or one the most racist fanbases there is couldn’t make it you really couldn’t.

I have a bigger problem with stopping the game for five fucking minutes than with the two decisions.

If it was a clear and obvious error it would clearly and obviously take seconds to decide, wish they would just put a time limit on those two words..... clear?.... obvious?....5,4,3,2,1 can't decide? Ok on with the game.

Lining up perfectly against us basically means playing a midfield. That's it. Our defenders don't even bother passing to Dier or Sissoko; they just hoof it.

We're playing like Stoke. It's fucking desperate.
Exactly! Shocking how we can play a decent side with 2 midfielders who literally cannot control or pass - atleast Sissoko tries but Dier, oh my lord Jose deserces to be fired just for sticking with him for even this long.

It was reported more than once, I assume, as the warning went out several times.

And some nob threw a bottle at Kepa.

Not looking pretty: this worries me much more than losing a football match.
just being pedantic but it was a paper cup not a bottle. And the warnings are repeated irrespective of how many alleged racist incidents there are. It is interesting that Sky haven't any footage of the alleged incident - I have never known that before.

How did Jose not see that they might set up like that and how that would be a problem for us though? I really don't get it. Surely he knows our midfield is a big weakness that any competent manager will try to exploit?
Sissoko did fairly well breaking the lines with Dier dropping back and holding. Moura offered very little, as did Son. Alli found himself dropping to free options. Also, if we’re playing long-ball to open the counter, then the defence shouldn’t take 35 touches and pass sideways five times before punting it up.

a very frustrating afternoon.

im off to deliver presents (and no, I’m not Father Christmas!)

That was the most embarrassing performance I can remember for years. At RB, CM in particular we are so fucking weak and tactically - I said Jose would fuck it up, you could see it coming. Everyone in every position was dog shit today though, if it was me personally I’d be ashamed and would consider it damaging to my career to be that unprofessional playing like that. I am concerned about whether we can get past this as a team. And shameful racism from fans. It makes me want to quit football.
Brighton was worse.

The atmosphere in the stadium is shit because we created a bigger ground that is utterly devoid of soul but looks nice and pretty for commercial purposes and with that increase in size we added 30000+ seats for tourists who don't support the team and sit in silence the entire game.

I miss the old ground.

Then we need to get fans in it, up them to turn up and stay in their seat rather then trying to get a queue jump on getting a pint of neck oil.

Back
Top Bottom