Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting the Janssen treatment of pathetic 5 minute cameos every other game. Will really piss a player off doing that shit over and over...

He will adapt far quicker if he is selected from the start. He needs games, minutes, the full confidence of the manager. It's December already and he is in the same position as he was when he signed. He really cannot be any worse an option than the likes of Eriksen, Sissoko, Winks

Will be v disappointed if he doesn’t start tomorrow. Lord knows things didn’t work out on Wednesday so give him a chance. Can’t play any worse than Moura or Winks did and has to be given the nod over Eriksen

It's only a good deal if Mourinho sees a role for Gio. If not then that's a lot of money to waste which can be better used to strengthen positions Jose feels need attention
That's the risk with buying any player... It's a good "deal" as it cost less to buy the player which we were going to anyway... 70m vs 55m (not exact numbers)

Will be v disappointed if he doesn’t start tomorrow. Lord knows things didn’t work out on Wednesday so give him a chance. Can’t play any worse than Moura or Winks did and has to be given the nod over Eriksen
I was a bit disappointed to see Eriksen coming on ahead of him. He's got pace and is robust, can dribble, has good vision. I am not sure what the problem is.

This is bollox.

He's been super sharp with the few mins he's had so far (between poch and JM).

Loads of energy, drive and intention; bags of ability.

A shot in the arm the team needs and he's being mugged off.

He's having to sit on the bench and watch Dier plod-stomp around the middle like a baby hippo whilst players pleasure-jog by him with the ball.

He gives it away for fun and offers nothing of any real value on the pivot.

GLC also has to sit and watch Winks give it away all day long.

And where the fuck is Sess???

Jose needs to show he's bang onto the deficiencies that led to Poch's sacking... not selection statements signalling continuation.

If I see Dier in the S11 tomorrow I'll be fucking livid.

I really like his quick short passing. However it’s two managers now and he does seem to struggle defensively. Hopefully he will adapt which is what was said in recent press conference.

People are worrying for Le Celso for nothing, it made sense for Jose to try Moura and Sissoko on the right hand side of the three first, with a view of moving them on in Jan.

Le Celso is an attacking midfielder centre, he is not a central midfielder, [a skillset that requires both attack and defence capabilties], yes he can play on the wings, but he wont be as effective.

Playing Le Celso in the Winks role, is a no no, he need to play further up the pitch between the opposition defenders and behind their midfield, so he can utilize his dribbling skills and thru balls.

Only the moon and stars know what Poch was thinking when he purchased Le Celso, Le cELSO is not a wide forward in a 4-3-3 [ala Sane, Robben,Hazard,Robben,Ribery]

Moving forward we either have to play the 4-3-1-2, with a Dier type of player sitting in front of the defence, Winks the play maker until we can make an upgrade and Ndombele the link between the AMC and making late runs into the box, with SOn or Ali alongside Kane, and Le Celso tucked in the AMC position.By moving Ali alongside Kane, we effectively mess up Ali's game.

The last piece of the jigsaw is have full backs play as full backs, which means being able to defend and support attacks if required.

People are worrying for Le Celso for nothing, it made sense for Jose to try Moura and Sissoko on the right hand side of the three first, with a view of moving them on in Jan.

Le Celso is an attacking midfielder centre, he is not a central midfielder, [a skillset that requires both attack and defence capabilties], yes he can play on the wings, but he wont be as effective.

Playing Le Celso in the Winks role, is a no no, he need to play further up the pitch between the opposition defenders and behind their midfield, so he can utilize his dribbling skills and thru balls.

Only the moon and stars know what Poch was thinking when he purchased Le Celso, Le cELSO is not a wide forward in a 4-3-3 [ala Sane, Robben,Hazard,Robben,Ribery]

Moving forward we either have to play the 4-3-1-2, with a Dier type of player sitting in front of the defence, Winks the play maker until we can make an upgrade and Ndombele the link between the AMC and making late runs into the box, with SOn or Ali alongside Kane, and Le Celso tucked in the AMC position.By moving Ali alongside Kane, we effectively mess up Ali's game.

The last piece of the jigsaw is have full backs play as full backs, which means being able to defend and support attacks if required.
Well I’m not the moon and the stars but I would guess Poch was thinking he wanted an Argentine who if I’m not mistaken is from same town or something as Poch? That and a midfielder who can play quick forward passes.

Well I’m not the moon and the stars but I would guess Poch was thinking he wanted an Argentine who if I’m not mistaken is from same town or something as Poch? That and a midfielder who can play quick forward passes.
He's from Rosario, the capital of the region where Pochettino's village is, Gazzaniga is from the same village though.

Back
Top Bottom