Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Lo Celso is stuck between a rock and a hard place as Mourinho clearly has favoured formation: 4-2-3-1. Son and Delli are automatic starters and are doing great and he prefers a defensive 2 to cover back and right of the field. I personally think he should be in the starting 11 instead of Moura but Mourinho throughout his managerial career has preferred pace on the wing but I do hope to see him more on that right side. I think we need a world class DM in order for him to get into the team. Jose has identified our weakness and is throwing two makeshift DMs on the field. Hopefully when that happens, we switch to a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

After today, seems either he has fallen out with Mourinho, or Mourinho thinks priorities lie elsewhere and he doesn't want to convert the loan. What's going on?

Maybe he is not looking that good in training? Not like Poch used him that much either.

It takes time to adapt to the intensity of the PL, we need to be patient. If he’s good enough he will find a role.

Fairly sure its going to be a money issue. Jose is licking his lips at the thought of bolstering the defence with the money we save by not converting his loan. And who am I to say he's wrong? I think most of us agree that the defence needs some pretty heavy restructuring.
Shame because i think that GLC could be something really really special. Maybe if he gets game time he'll show that and make it impossible for us not to convert.
This is why we should have flogged Eriksen.

Stupid bit of business because we will get nothing from him on the pitch and from his transfer. Also he GLC would have been his replacement.

The rest of the money could have been spent on the defence.

Thought for quite some time, as far back as before Poch was sacked that eventually, Poch would get sacked and whoever came in would probably fail to integrate and he'd go back to Betis to be sold on to someone else.

Mourinho seems to have no interest in him at all. Even at 5-0 on Saturday he doesn't get on, with Parrot and Skipp brought on instead. I just can't see Levy funding the permanent transfer if Mourinho doesn't fancy him and, IMO, that's why it was a loan in the first place. Levy had an inkling this whole situation would play out.
Poch wanted another Argentinian, Levy probably had a feeling things weren't working out and the compromise was a loan.

Heck, for all we know, there's a certain number of games in the contract that triggers payments and Levy is telling Mourinho to use him sparingly until he knows whether he wants him.
£40-£50m to spend somewhere else if Mourinho doesn't....

Thought for quite some time, as far back as before Poch was sacked that eventually, Poch would get sacked and whoever came in would probably fail to integrate and he'd go back to Betis to be sold on to someone else.

Mourinho seems to have no interest in him at all. Even at 5-0 on Saturday he doesn't get on, with Parrot and Skipp brought on instead. I just can't see Levy funding the permanent transfer if Mourinho doesn't fancy him and, IMO, that's why it was a loan in the first place. Levy had an inkling this whole situation would play out.
Poch wanted another Argentinian, Levy probably had a feeling things weren't working out and the compromise was a loan.

Heck, for all we know, there's a certain number of games in the contract that triggers payments and Levy is telling Mourinho to use him sparingly until he knows whether he wants him.
I still think we are in the mix for top four, and if that happens then whether levy wants the transfer done or not he will have to cough up.

So it’s best we give him a good run(and I think Mou will eventually) to see what he’s capable of otherwise we will be stuck with a player that’s played no football and we have to chalk up 40mill for.

I still think we are in the mix for top four, and if that happens then whether levy wants the transfer done or not he will have to cough up.

So it’s best we give him a good run(and I think Mou will eventually) to see what he’s capable of otherwise we will be stuck with a player that’s played no football and we have to chalk up 40mill for.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, no actual evidence anywhere that there is any obligation coming out of Tottenham.

Mourinho seems to have no interest in him at all. Even at 5-0 on Saturday he doesn't get on, with Parrot and Skipp brought on instead.

5:0 up, and Mou brings in Parrott, Skipp and Sessegnon (17,19,19 respectively) - ah that fcking asshole, wants to screw over Lo Celso!!
5:0 up, and Mou bringing on Lo Celso and Rose - ah that fcking asshole, don't give youngsters any time at all!!

Can't win with some...

I'm inclined to believe you but Real Betis chairman has said we have to buy if we get Champ League.

5:0 up, and Mou brings in Parrott, Skipp and Sessegnon (17,19,19 respectively) - ah that fcking asshole, wants to screw over Lo Celso!!
5:0 up, and Mou bringing on Lo Celso and Rose - ah that fcking asshole, don't give youngsters any time at all!!

Can't win with some...

A) Skipp has had plenty of minutes for us in the last year and he was free.
B) Parrot 17 years old. It's great he got some minutes but there's no rush and he was free
C) We have a potential fifty million reasons to give Lo Celso minutes or give him back.

I don't really care of Mourinho rates him or not. What I care about is if he does, he uses him and if he doesn't, he sends him home

Has quotes from the RB Vice Chairman in there. 2 options.

1) Option to make it permanent in January at a cut price amount.
2) Mandatory purchase if we qualify for the champions league.

That option 2 is interesting, it might not mean what we think as it might be mandatory Betis have to sell him to us at that price and not that we have to buy him. If the guy barely kicks a ball all season and has no say on us qualifying for the CL, then I can't see how we're obliged to buy him.

There is also no reference to other factors. Can we send him back in January? Is there a break clause if the manager is changed? Etc etc etc

A) Skipp has had plenty of minutes for us in the last year and he was free.
B) Parrot 17 years old. It's great he got some minutes but there's no rush and he was free
C) We have a potential fifty million reasons to give Lo Celso minutes or give him back.

I don't really care of Mourinho rates him or not. What I care about is if he does, he uses him and if he doesn't, he sends him home

Just to play devils advocate, seeing as you brought up the price we paid for these players.

Do we have fifty million reasons to give Lo Celso minutes ahead of Kane too, seeing as he was free?

Additionally, those players weren't free - we have invested in them. Our youth coaches don't show up and develop players for free. They were scouted from various leagues.

Yes - I would like to see Lo Celso get some minutes, to see what he can do, but the same goes for all of our academy prospects. And to be honest, that stage in the game, wasn't when we were going to find out much about any of the players. So it was a nice touch to give Parrot his debut in a 0 pressure environment.

Just to play devils advocate, seeing as you brought up the price we paid for these players.

Do we have fifty million reasons to give Lo Celso minutes ahead of Kane too, seeing as he was free?

Additionally, those players weren't free - we have invested in them. Our youth coaches don't show up and develop players for free. They were scouted from various leagues.

Yes - I would like to see Lo Celso get some minutes, to see what he can do, but the same goes for all of our academy prospects. And to be honest, that stage in the game, wasn't when we were going to find out much about any of the players. So it was a nice touch to give Parrot his debut in a 0 pressure environment.

I'm not even bothered if he doesn't get minutes, I just want him sent back if he doesn't.
Unlike some on here, I never saw him kick a ball before we signed him so I have no affection (yet)

Back
Top Bottom