Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m worried to be honest, surely he’s got to try him at least.
But who do you bench and why? The players on the field are proving their worth? Lo Celso is unknown in Prem...also, loan with option, could save that 60m and buy a top drawer DM or CB? Can’t begin to guess the reasons why, but looks surplus to requirements.

Lot of games left, tho: time will tell.

But who do you bench and why? The players on the field are proving their worth? Lo Celso is unknown in Prem...also, loan with option, could save that 60m and buy a top drawer DM or CB? Can’t begin to guess the reasons why, but looks surplus to requirements.

Lot of games left, tho: time will tell.

depends if Eriksen does leave. Surely we want one passing creative AM in that mould, unless Mourinho changes his mind and Fernandes is coming.

Maybe he’s not been that good in training?
Jose said he was having a chat with the players the other week, to see where their heads are at. I know that was aimed more at Rose and Eriksen but there was gossip about Lo Celso wanting out. Maybe it's true and because he's on a loan then that's that.

Bit of a shame as I thought he looked like a quality player.

It is a strange one, one of the best AM’s in Spain last season and a full Argentinian international with an all round game, can pass shot, good at the defensive side as well, technical.

At the moment with him and Ndombele it feels like we have our two maybe most technical players who either are not physically or mentally fit.

sad thing could have Salah and De Bruyne situation all over it. Hopefully its simply both Poch and Mourinho allowing adaption.

Jose said he was having a chat with the players the other week, to see where their heads are at. I know that was aimed more at Rose and Eriksen but there was gossip about Lo Celso wanting out. Maybe it's true and because he's on a loan then that's that.

Bit of a shame as I thought he looked like a quality player.
Honestly not seen enough of the guy to have an opinion on his suitability. But I think the figure is £50m to make him permanent? I’m hoping Jose is damn sure before spending that.

depends if Eriksen does leave. Surely we want one passing creative AM in that mould, unless Mourinho changes his mind and Fernandes is coming.
I thought so originally, but he seems to be making do without a player of that style: who steps in for Alli if necessary, might be more the question? Different style of player, but that might be the space? I don’t think he’s a 10 but doesn’t seem to be any need for a more traditional AM if Jose’s lineups are anything to go by?

Personally, I agree- he’s looked strong and inventive in the short periods he’s played and it may just be fitness - maybe suffers from ‘one touch too many’ like Lucas and Érik, and that will slow the attacks - but unless there’s an ulterior agenda, i’d like to see him play. Still don’t know who for, though? Doesn’t have the relentless engine of Moussa, not sturdy (too sturdy!) like Dier, not the pace of Lucas or directness of Son, nor Dele. Always a back up for players that fit the system better, perhaps?

Dunno. Looks good when he has played, but his inclusion would remove something else...

Mourinho likes to obviously play with pace out wide, which means Lo Celso Is an option to play in Alli’s role, which isn’t going to happen. He’s not a defensive midfielder so isn’t going to play where Dier, Winks, Skipp play. I’m hoping he gets to play Dele’s role v Bayern just to see what he can do.

Fairly sure its going to be a money issue. Jose is licking his lips at the thought of bolstering the defence with the money we save by not converting his loan. And who am I to say he's wrong? I think most of us agree that the defence needs some pretty heavy restructuring.
Shame because i think that GLC could be something really really special. Maybe if he gets game time he'll show that and make it impossible for us not to convert.

Lo Celso's on the smaller side so I'm guessing that Jose's thinking was he'd struggle against Burnley's rugby players? Lucas has explosive speed and hops and played well today so it's hard to second guess.

He was on the bench today, so it's not like he's been banished.

You'd think if we were chasing the game he'd bring on Eriksen/Lo Celso...

If he doesn't play vs Bayern then I'll start to think maybe something's up.

Back
Top Bottom