Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re at home to fucking Burnley. Mou has stated he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM. He’s watched Sissoko and Dier put in nothing but turgid performances in midfield. Stated he wants to develop young players. Then why not fucking pick Skipp and Lo Celso.

This isn’t a footballing midfield, it’s possibly the worst double pivot midfield in this league. And I’ve just watched Sigurdsson in a double pivot.

We will play route one all game.

We’re at home to fucking Burnley. Mou has stated he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM. He’s watched Sissoko and Dier put in nothing but turgid performances in midfield. Stated he wants to develop young players. Then why not fucking pick Skipp and Lo Celso.

This isn’t a footballing midfield, it’s possibly the worst double pivot midfield in this league. And I’ve just watched Sigurdsson in a double pivot.
Good to see our resident troll is now slamming the players BEFORE a ball is even kicked ... nothing like showing a bit of support for your the team.

Mourinho wants Dele, Son and Kane firing. This has to be the game where Kane puts in a top class performance and bags a couple of goals.

Our creativity must come from Dele, so I expect Burnley to double up on him. This will leave space for Sissoko to advance in midfield with more time on the ball.

This game suits us. We suffer against teams that press high and force us to make quick decisions. Burnley will likely sit back and let us build out game.

A win takes us 6 points off Chelsea.

We need to send a message to the other teams in the league. Big win for Spurs.

Spurs 5 - 1 Burnley

Alli (7), Kane (16, 32, 84), Lo Celso (80)

I don't think it is. It's not that we are without our problems, it's just that the other contenders for that fourth place spot seem to have their own problems also. We at least ought to improve under Mourinho over the coming months. So why not? It's only 6 points if we win today.
Unless there's real investments in January, we wont improve much. I also can't see Chelsea or Leicester dropping more points than us, both are currently better teams this season.

Burnley won't go through our midfield Dier and Sissokos physicality will help hopefully. We need to be playing quick balls forward and stretching the play so they can't just sit back.

3-1 but we won't score first half is my prediction

Unless there's real investments in January, we wont improve much. I also can't see Chelsea or Leicester dropping more points than us, both are currently better teams this season.

Chelsea will drop points as they love to play from the back, and an injury to Tammy and they will struggle, also Leciester, will need to rest Vardy at some point so expect them to drop points also.

He's one of the best players in this team, he should be starting, end of.
Based on?

The Lo Celso / N’Dombele selection is a weird one but I’ll go ahead and assume the TWO professional managers that have made the same choices know more than me. End of.

I don’t get pissed off with the doctor because they give me a different drug or prescription to the one I want so...well...sometimes people who know better just know better.

Let’s just enjoy the game as much as we can!

Chelsea will drop points as they love to play from the back, and an injury to Tammy and they will struggle, also Leciester, will need to rest Vardy at some point so expect them to drop points also.
Leicester play high energy like we used to. Legs will drop off. Chelsea are beginning to be found out as the season pushes on: even Everton have beaten them!

Back
Top Bottom