Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So yesterday Jose tells us he doesn't see Sissoko as a CM and today he starts them there leaving one summer signing on the bench and the other out of the squad?

Winks isn't even in the squad either, bizarre.

Winks got a bad knock to his ankle in the last game. Ndombele is not properly fit.

Jose did say that while he didn’t really see Sissoko as a centre midfielder, he would play there at times due to circumstances. Today is one of those days. At least Dier is there which is what matters for the team structure.

I’m happy that Jose is selecting the same defence game after game, we need consistency there. Lucas is very lucky to be starting though, he has to do so much more.

Winks got a bad knock to his ankle in the last game. Ndombele is not properly fit.

Jose did say that while he didn’t really see Sissoko as a centre midfielder, he would play there at times due to circumstances. Today is one of those days. At least Dier is there which is what matters for the team structure.

I’m happy that Jose is selecting the same defence game after game, we need consistency there. Lucas is very lucky to be starting though, he has to do so much more.

Yeah the injury stuff came.out shortly after the lineup. Just strange neither were listed in the injury news just the other day.

Given Winks is injured it's the same line up as against Utd. So Mourinho is giving a message to the players. So we shouldn't worry as much, this time, that LoCelso and co are not playing. I really am going to worry if he doesn't get proper game time over Christmas period though.

4-1
Kane x2
Alli
Lo Celso

4-1? Are you fucking joking? Burnley will score in first 8 minutes then defend heroically for the rest of the game and we won't be able to break them down...I hope you're right but I fucking hate Burnley and they are stealing oxygen in the premier league. Dull cunts managed by croaky voiced cunt

We have to try to get Dier back up to speed, so playing him makes sense and playing Sissoko beside him also does to protect him a bit. And there’s nobody else really.

Still confident we’ll win comfortably.

I would have liked to have seen Lo Celso for Sissoko, but another win is all that matters. If we win this game then it’s a good turn around since Jose has come in. 3-1 to Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom