Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm fully behind him and actually quite excited but it's still wierd.

Sometimes I stop myself thinking positive thoughts about him as his the enemy and then realise his now one of us!!
Reminds of this...
8531484563_7d953cd52e_z-54158a63271fc.jpg

I know, but it doesn't take long to form opinions, and not only that, some opinions seem formed before he arrived. The way he went up to Tanganga and said "You're the guy who marked Ronaldo" shows while Jose is a week into the job, he's a lot further down the line in research and opinions on players.
That doesn't mean he has favourites that will never be able to do any wrong. It's natural that he'll have a perception of each player off the back of what he's seen as an outsider, but I don't feel that this means anything to be honest.

Definitely I agree, I was talking more along the lines of this seasons run so far and how Poch has waited until it's too late to switch things up. Our boys wouldn't have found a way back into it at 2-0 down indont think but then again as scott scott has mentioned there's every possibility that Poch wouldn't have started that team and we'd have never found ourselves 2-0 down in the first place.

The main area I was focusing on is our energy and attitude. I personally don't think we'd have found a way to have salvaged last night if the change hadn't occurred. That's more my point just to clarify.
Mourinho is still the best or 1 of the best tactically. Something poch really needs to work on & improve in his next job. I am way more confident in 1 off knock out type games now. But on the other hand I was more confident in Poch lasting long & being a success. It would be unlikely mourinho lasting as long but fingers crossed. If he does then we most have done really well.
I know you are a long term thinking guy so either mourinho or levy Will have to change to make this work in the long term.

That doesn't mean he has favourites that will never be able to do any wrong. It's natural that he'll have a perception of each player off the back of what he's seen as an outsider, but I don't feel that this means anything to be honest.
Yeah he has already subbed off one of his favourites in dier before 30mins.

Not really because it shows he got lucky in the semi, but didnt have the balls to follow it up and make a tactical decsion for the best of the team, without Kane
So Poch turns round a 3 goal defiicit away to Ajax in the Semi.......and he got lucky!

Jose turns round a 2 goal deficit at home to Olimpicrapos in the group stage and he's a genius!

I know your'e dislike of Poch is bordering on unhealthy. But this is off the fookin' scale, mate.

But you've effectively saying wait and see after 19 years Sammy!
ENIC have by and large hired a steady stream of managers who have taken us from 14th to.....14th (ouch)
Apart from AVB, they have been good appointments or at least on Ramos case, appointed after a big season and in demand.

Poch was the second to last piece in our journey of progression as he made us CL regulars.
The right decision was made to better ourselves and go next level.

We did that by hiring Jose.

When we win stuff, you can cry one off the manager who didn’t win stuff. That’s fine, but don’t tell me this club deserves better and deserves silverware if you want a manager that can’t win silverware.

Jose will improve this squad. This squad.
The one you wanted replaced because Poch couldn’t do a job with it any longer.

You have been battered out of the park again by Levy, and you literally don’t know what to think.

“b b b b but it’s been 18 years”

No John. With a world class manager, it’s been 2 games. And 2 wins.

So Poch turns round a 3 goal defiicit away to Ajax in the Semi.......and he got lucky!

Jose turns round a 2 goal deficit at home to Olimpicrapos in the group stage and he's a genius!

I know your'e dislike of Poch is bordering on unhealthy. But this is off the fookin' scale, mate.

Poch got lucky, as was proven by the fact he was a tactical mess in the following game.

ENIC have by and large hired a steady stream of managers who have taken us from 14th to.....14th (ouch)
Apart from AVB, they have been good appointments or at least on Ramos case, appointed after a big season and in demand.

Poch was the second to last piece in our journey of progression as he made us CL regulars.

When we win stuff, you can cry one off the manager who didn’t win stuff. That’s fine, but don’t tell me this club deserves better and deserves silverware if you want a manager that can’t win silverware.

You have been battered out of the park again by Levy, and you literally don’t know what to think.

Go and have a wank you angry little man.

For 16 years you were ok with not winning silverware.

Hoddle, Santini, Pleat, sherwood.....yeah great appointments.:harrylol:

14th to 14th you say? Wow. Some achievment there.

And of course we all hope the right decision was made. But as someone pointed out earlier, if results and trophies don't show up, you'll be the first one on here shouting MOURINHO OUT! and pissing on the players again.

It'll always be the manager and the players, Sammy.

That's a Great point Scott.
And one that I'm sure the whole forum will actually agree on.
Yeah many said we need to be patient & it's a long term project. We don't want short term type managers especially ones who leave carnage. Mourinho is a short term manager so either he is a changed man & wants to be more of a long term manager. Or levy has changed from the long term stable project type thinking. Or if not, I guess we are in for high drama between the pair of them & a rollercoaster ride.

Back
Top Bottom