Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah many said we need to be patient & it's a long term project. We don't want short term type managers especially ones who leave carnage. Mourinho is a short term manager so either he is a changed man & wants to be more of a long term manager. Or levy has changed from the long term stable project type thinking. Or if not, I guess we are in for high drama between the pair of them & a rollercoaster ride.

Ultimately the idea that ENIC are trying to sell up makes a lot of sense.

Football is different. There are no long term managers anymore.
The likes of Ferguson and Wenger were capable of changing their squads regularly in order to adapt tactics and keep refreshing them.

Modern managers only have 1 way of playing, often have initial success just because it refreshes their squad, then it gets boring for the players and rivals figure out how to play against it.

For me, a better level of expectation of a manager/coach's shelf life with the club is the way forward. Plan for 3 years then start thinking about a change.

We shouldn't keep getting ourselves to a point where we put coaches on long term deals with huge compensation if we sack them. They will be going so we're just cutting our nose off to spite our face trying to block moves to other clubs.

14th to 14th you say? Wow. Some achievment there.

And of course we all hope the right decision was made. But as someone pointed out earlier, if results and trophies don't show up, you'll be the first one on here shouting MOURINHO OUT! and pissing on the players again.

It'll always be the manager and the players, Sammy.
You support a ghost

I'm still friends with 2 of my exes.
There's no reason you can't move on without respecting what once was good but ultimately didn't work out.

Can't we all agree that's where we are with Poch and move on with our lives?

I'm still friends with 2 of my exes.
There's no reason you can't move on without respecting what once was good but ultimately didn't work out.

Can't we all agree that's where we are with Poch and move on with our lives?

Spot on.... But can I ask you a question....

Harry or AVB?

:adegrin:

Were they good appointments?
They were logical at the time

Since then, Jol, Redknapp, Poch and Jose have been good appointments.
Ramos was a logical one and won a trophy.
AVB was wank and pointless.

You said we were 10th before ENIC, then you say we haven’t progressed under them despite being top 4 regulars now.
Can you name all the other teams that have regularly broken top 4 since 2001?

They were logical at the time
Were they good appointments?
Since then, Jol, Redknapp, Poch and Jose have been good appointments.
Ramos was a logical one and won a trophy.
AVB was wank and pointless.

You said we were 10th before ENIC, then you say we haven’t progressed under them despite being top 4 regulars now.
Can you name all the other teams that have regularly broken top 4 since 2001?

Poch made us regulars but his achievements were no big deal according to you, you spent months trashing him so WTF.

Where have I said we haven't progressed under them?????

Used to hate watching Mou celebrations with Chelsea/ManU. Still not a huge fan but it's nice that it means we are doing good if he's celebrating.

EKXheNnWwAEZji1
How the hell is he able to see the players play with all the media there!? :levywtf:

Back
Top Bottom