Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. That was my first thought on the appointment.
Raise the profile, maximise the price. Promising times ahead, hopefully.

Personally, I think the time for ENIC to sell up would have been when full planning permission was obtained and ARCH metal burnt down. Now the stadium has been built, we have an asset that's probably too expensive for even the richest of investors to buy into and make it worth it. They tend to want to buy nearly clubs for £200m not us for £1b

Cool story mate. Erm, pics?

They ain't winning any contests bro.

Can you name all the other teams that have regularly broken top 4 since 2001?
None have done it on a shoestring budget or without a home stadium for 2 years. Apart from Poch.

Thats why Pochettino should be remembered as a great manager and will walk in to a top job with his next appointment.

Last edited:
None have done on a shoestring budget or without a home stadium for 2 years.

Thats why Pochettino should be remembered as a great manager and will walk in to a top job with his next appointment.
Wasn't Wembley our home? We were hardly nomadic. Traipsing from one ground to another, game by game...

Personally, I think the time for ENIC to sell up would have been when full planning permission was obtained and ARCH metal burnt down. Now the stadium has been built, we have an asset that's probably too expensive for even the richest of investors to buy into and make it worth it. They tend to want to buy nearly clubs for £200m not us for £1b

They ain't winning any contests bro.
Selling the club and selling the stadium don't necessarily have to go hand in hand.
Or maybe it's a ruse to maximise the naming rights deal? That would make a lot of sense if you think about it.

Selling the club and selling the stadium don't necessarily have to go hand in hand.
Or maybe it's a ruse to maximise the naming rights deal? That would make a lot of sense if you think about it.
They would sell the debt of the stadium. So whatever percentage of it's current value is owned by ENIC woul be part of the purchase priced and owed to ENIC immediately. Whatever part is owned by the creditors would be payable to them, probably on the terms we currently pay it back.

So ENIC wouldn't get a billion, they'd get say £500m and the banks get the other £500m over the course of the current finance structure.

You may already be fully aware of that, but I spelled it out for those that wouldn't be.

Ultimately the idea that ENIC are trying to sell up makes a lot of sense.
Yeah it seems to be gradually moving that way. But I don't want to get my hopes up too much. But matt had a good point about 1bn being a lot to ask for from new owners. Probably not many willing to spend that much on a football club.

Just watched this. Pretty interesting.

I don't really know much about Guardiola to be honest. He's managed 3 teams. I saw him manage at Barcelona and Bayern. Obviously he did well there. Now he's at City. He has managed arguably the best team in Spain, the best team in Germany and arguably the best team in England. He has had near-unlimited funds to work with and squads full of the best players in the world. Can he really be thought of as one of the best managers of all time?

I'd like to see him take the job at Grimsby. See if he's all he's cracked up to be.

I don't really know much about Guardiola to be honest. He's managed 3 teams. I saw him manage at Barcelona and Bayern. Obviously he did well there. Now he's at City. He has managed arguably the best team in Spain, the best team in Germany and arguably the best team in England. He has had near-unlimited funds to work with and squads full of the best players in the world. Can he really be thought of as one of the best managers of all time?

I'd like to see him take the job at Grimsby. See if he's all he's cracked up to be.

Maybe there's just different kind of managers? Pep is the sort that will do well with elite star players & not average ones. Where as dyche, wilder, big sam etc are the type that do well with limited players but maybe would struggle with elite star players. I guess we will never know. That just leaves an all round manager who would do well in both situations.

I genuinely think Guardiola is miles behind Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho even.
What the first two did, to keep their teams up there year after year after year is incredible.
Mourinho has had money, for sure, but never on a level like Guardiola.
Barcelona are one of the most successful football teams on the planet and they had Messi.
He didn't win anything outside of Germany with the only team in Germany that usually wins things in Germany.
Came to Shitty and spent a billion quid.

Back
Top Bottom