West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we lose this, Poch may not survive.
If we lose this, Poch may not survive
If we lose this.........

I got one of those tape recorders for my 16th birthday, first expensive present mum and dad bought me, used to spend every Sunday evening taping the Top Twenty (with Alan 'Fluff' Freeman or Tony Blackburn).

Went to school in Bonner Road, lived in Goldsmith Row off the Hackney Road by Queen Elizabeth Hospital for children. I spent most of my childhood in the A&E there. Pie and marsh in Kelly's, Broadway Market, train from Cambridge Heath to WHL. Footy over the marshes, Sunday mornings.
giphy.gif

ChimChimmerny Me Ol' China.

I got one of those tape recorders for my 16th birthday, first expensive present mum and dad bought me, used to spend every Sunday evening taping the Top Twenty (with Alan 'Fluff' Freeman or Tony Blackburn).

To this day, I'd love 2 of those....

Cut to 5 mins to hear HipHop being invented in 1968. :bow:

I used to tape that too - and John Peel's show, which followed it. Everyone had to be REALLY QUIET.
My abiding memory was John Peel introducing me to a song I fell in love with immediately - I heard it through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye.

To this day, I'd love 2 of those....

Cut to 5 mins to hear HipHop being invented in 1968. :bow:

Excellent!

Here's one of my 1971 album purchases (I still have it)...

Terry Riley of Baba O’Riley fame.

"The song's title combines the names of Meher Baba and Terry Riley, two of Townshend's philosophical and musical mentors."

Props to ya Joe.... I didn't know that. :adesalute:

Townsend is a key allumni of my Uni..... (UWL/LCM)

Back
Top Bottom