West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My mum is dyslexic and did the same for me.

40 years on and I have still got my Somerset burr but I can wire a plug with my eyes shut
...I dare say I could too, but I might struggle to identify the colours of the wires with my eyes closed. How did you solve that little issue?

Hate jellied eels but grew up on salt beef sandwiches down Hessel street market and whelks and cockles from Tubby Isaacs. I think they're down in Clacton now.
Remember Jubilee St? My granny lived there. My other one on Commercial Rd. Robert Montefiore off Valance Rd was my primary school.
Worked at the Whittington for a couple of years. I remember a fantastic Indian restaurant on Highgate Hill . I think it was called something like the Bengal lancer. Long time ago. Also further up the hill, a great pub, the vic(toria)
He was a Chingford boy.
giphy.gif

Of course, I went to St Patrick's primary and St Anne's junior. We first lived off Brick Lane then moved to Bethnal Green :)
Oh the memories. Bethnal Green, Roman Rd, No 73 up Mare St. Brick Lane is still my first choice for a curry. I remember the bagel shop where you could buy them still warm at 5a..m. Lucky we're not from further east. We'd be Spammers. Fate worse than death!

Jellied eels vile

Salt Beef Yummy Rabins in Soho for me

Cockles and Whelks More vile sea creatures

No pie and mash?

No boiled beef and carrots?

No birth certificate?
Pie and mash with green liqour. Also salt beef from Blooms and the e and a salt beef bar in Stamford hill after the game. Never tried boiled beef and carrots. Sounds awful.

I had a Saturday job in Woolies down the Roman, £1.65 for the day! Brick Lane is a tourist area these days and the bagel shop is still there, I believe.
I'm going to stop there, as I could go on and on and on.........;)

Went to school in Bonner Road, lived in Goldsmith Row off the Hackney Road by Queen Elizabeth Hospital for children. I spent most of my childhood in the A&E there. Pie and marsh in Kelly's, Broadway Market, train from Cambridge Heath to WHL. Footy over the marshes, Sunday mornings.

Back
Top Bottom