White Hart Lane's Primary Usage?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is White Hart Lane's primary used for currently?

• Football

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • American Football

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Music

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
This thread is pretty useless at this stage because we don’t know how NFL is shaping in the UK,

Who went to the NFL match last week? Locals, Americans came all the way from USA? Did sammyspurs sammyspurs go? lol .

You need to ask Enic and the two boys whether they would put more effort and emphasis should NFL becomes bigger than PL.

Would Enic prioritise Nfl if there is more money in It? Enic is an investment company after all.

You also need to ask Spurs supporters if they prefer THFC to be independent and has nothing to do with Enic, NFL, DL or JL.

😀

Ps. I feel sorry for the local residents who live 1 mile radius from the stadium on match days. As if football was not enough. Trade thrives

Last edited:
This thread is pretty useless at this stage because we don’t know how NFL is shaping in the UK,

Who went to the NFL match last week? Locals, Americans came all the way from USA? Did sammyspurs sammyspurs go? lol .

You need to ask Enic and the two boys whether they would put more effort and emphasis should NFL becomes bigger than PL.

Would Enic prioritise Nfl if there is more money in It? Enic is an investment company after all.

You also need to ask Spurs supporters if they prefer THFC to be independent and has nothing to do with Enic, NFL, DL or JL.

😀

Ps. I feel sorry for the locals who live 1 mile radius from the stadium on match days. As if football was not enough.
Not sure why you feel sorry for the locals. Their businesses suffered without Spurs. They've had Spurs on their doorstep for a century.

Chick King are damn sure happy for more business.

I entirely agree.

Unfortunately, there are those that believe option 2. That is what I've been debating against the past couple of days.

I just wanted to gather evidence to present to those that are scared of all things NFL that it is not the view of the average Spurs fan and that White Hart Lane is and will ALWAYS be primarily the home of Spurs.

As ever, it's the vocal minority.
WHO exactly...? Name and Shame!

They're either winding you up, or are GENUINELY stupid! (or you're genuinely trying to soak up valuable discussion time, and deliberately diverting away from the pre-match thread!

'Murrican Football indeed! Pffft! :pochcmon:

American football is popular when it comes to the country twice a year. Full seasons of dross that lasts for hours and hours on a regular basis? That's something different altogether.

As for rugby union? It's simply a social status, not a sport and certainly not a threat to football.

Not sure why you feel sorry for the locals. Their businesses suffered without Spurs. They've had Spurs on their doorstep for a century.

You haven't read my post properly, I said " locals who live " , 1 mile high street closure, side road restricted access, bus diversions....etc.
Local trades thrive including chick king.

Why would I go?
I hate NFL.
Doesn’t mean I’m going to slag off the club for trying to make money off it
I can't stand nfl, can't watch it for more than 3 seconds.

I would slag Enic not the club. They built the new stadium from money generated by THFC. Enic cannot make the NFL money without having the football. I wouldn't have said anything if they were signing players like any other PL top 4 club. They didn't and they suffocated Poch.

I can't stand nfl, can't watch it for more than 3 seconds.

I would slag Enic not the club. They built the new stadium from money generated by THFC. Enic cannot make the NFL money without having the football. I wouldn't have said anything if they were signing players like any other PL top 4 club. They didn't and they suffocated Poch.

ENIC spent 450M on 27 players, the likes of Son, Dele, Wanyama, Toby, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Aurier, Llorente, Moura.....

Both clubs have gone a whole summer without a signing in that time...difference is when we did it, we made an early January signing that ended up having a major impact last year.

Liverpool signings in the time Poch has been here:
Shaqiri, Allison, Kieta, Fabinho, VVD, Salah, Ox, Robertson, Gallacher, Solanke, Mane, Wijnaldum, Karius, Klaven, Matip, Manninger, Benteke, Firminho, Clyne, Ings, Grujic, Gomez, Awoniyi, Lallana, Lovren, Markovik, Ballotelli, Moreno, Origi, Can, Lambert

In five years, and 31 signings, 11 were good signings and two can be called world class.

But we dont sign like the top 4?

I can do it for Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich too.......but I think we all know how that will go dont we..

ENIC spent 450M on 27 players, the likes of Son, Dele, Wanyama, Toby, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Aurier, Llorente, Moura.....

Both clubs have gone a whole summer without a signing in that time...difference is when we did it, we made an early January signing that ended up having a major impact last year.

Liverpool signings in the time Poch has been here:
Shaqiri, Allison, Kieta, Fabinho, VVD, Salah, Ox, Robertson, Gallacher, Solanke, Mane, Wijnaldum, Karius, Klaven, Matip, Manninger, Benteke, Firminho, Clyne, Ings, Grujic, Gomez, Awoniyi, Lallana, Lovren, Markovik, Ballotelli, Moreno, Origi, Can, Lambert

In five years, and 31 signings, 11 were good signings and two can be called world class.

But we dont sign like the top 4?

I can do it for Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich too.......but I think we all know how that will go dont we..
Are you an ex solicitor who didn't do well in his job defending criminals? Joking , I like you. 😅

Off topic: Observation re Tottenham High Road. It's the only place with big signs advertising criminal lawyers, I have seen at least two ads.

Are you an ex solicitor who didn't do well in his job defending criminals? Joking , I like you. 😅

Off topic: Observation re Tottenham High Road. It's the only place with big signs advertising criminal lawyers, I have seen at least two ads.

Better-Call-Saul.gif

No I just base my opinions on facts and not common fallacy

Try it....then one day you might be able to actually counter argue something.

But as things stand I can only assume that you feel Danny Ings, Ballotelli and Benteke did more for Liverpool than Llorente did for us.

Fucking Levy should have moved to Stratford because poor old Doris at number 37 doesn’t like the crowds.

ENIC OUT

Surely you can s differenciate between a few ad hoc events at WHL and ENIC making a significant investment in to a purpose built NFL stadium ?
My point is the old ground wasn't always football only. These days if you're spending so much on building a stadium it needs to be used a lot more. It's smart to use it to try and make as much cash as we can. If we did get a team using the stadium full time it would still be Spurs using it the most.

American football is popular when it comes to the country twice a year. Full seasons of dross that lasts for hours and hours on a regular basis? That's something different altogether.

As for rugby union? It's simply a social status, not a sport and certainly not a threat to football.

Sorry but if anyone thinks American football is or will EVER be a threat to football in England you’re either a troll, or a bit thick

No I just base my opinions on facts and not common fallacy

Try it....then one day you might be able to actually counter argue something.

But as things stand I can only assume that you feel Danny Ings, Ballotelli and Benteke did more for Liverpool than Llorente did for us.
Njie, Nkoudo and Vincet did very well for Spurs and sold for massive profits. Few to mention.

I did like you, I changed my mind now , I like you more now.

I like people who talk nonsense.

Can you please check the trophy cabinets of Spurs then compare it to woolwich, liverpool, mancity, mau, leciester? Turn the lights off and shut the door behind you and lock it.

FHS singnings of Danny, ings.....etc are irrelevant. Look where they are now and look where we are!
If you can't see, Specsaver.

Njie, Nkoudo and Vincet did very well for Spurs and sold for massive profits. Few to mention.
Just like Solanke, Ings, Clyne, Shaw, Rudiger, Xhaka, etc did well eh
FHS singnings of Danny, ings.....etc are irrelevant. Look where they are now and look where we are!
If you can't see, Specsaver.
Ahhhh so Liverpool’s 20 shit signings are ok because eventually throwing money at shit over five years came good?

Could have been us, as we have the squad, just not the manager.

Can you please check the trophy cabinets of Spurs then compare it to woolwich, liverpool, mancity, mau, leciester? Turn the lights off and shut the door behind you and lock it
I checked the trophy cabinet right before Poch fucked up the CL final and five semis.....neeeeeeeext

So again, I can only assume you think Shaqiri was a better signing than Son

And when did I change my mind? I said Liverpool don’t have a better squad than us, just a better manager ever since it became abundantly obvious that Poch isnt fit to lace Klopps boots about 18 months ago, and Klopp wasn’t the pretender I thought he was.

Thats how he can make Origi a CL winner, while Poch couldn’t even get his team to find Kane.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom