Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
To me the options regarding Poch's future are these, in chronological order :

1) Daniel has decided we are on a slippery slope and gets rid of Poch before Christmas in order to allow his replacement be appointed and have money made available for the January window.
2). Daniel let's the situation continue and gives Poch more funds in January to try and remedy our current squad problems and shortages.
3). Option 2 is taken and the green shoots of recovery are clearly visible late Jan/Feb. Peace is returned to the dressing room. All is well. Poch stays.
4). Option 2 is taken and the slide continues. Daniel bitterly rues giving Poch more money and sacks him early Spring. New manager appointed to try and save the season plus plan and prepare for a complete rebuild come the Summer.

Whatever happens it's going to be a very eventful Winter :thumbup:
Anybody think of other options ?

Bullshit, he HAS to pick the best players at his disposal - If they chose to chuck the towel in and let us as supporters down then blame the guilty.
Playing I'll equipped second stringers is a pointless excercise

But that’s partly how he built the ethos that kick started his success with us. By fucking off extremely talented (Adebayor eg) and expensive (soldado eg) players and giving hungry “ill equipped” kids like Kane, Mason and Bentaleb the reigns.

This team needs some energy back, some aggression, some vim.

I mean, could ill equipped kids do any worse than what we’ve been doing the last few months?

Some of those kids have more talent and are better equipped than some of the donkeys Poch is picking every week.

You tried to make out it was 'the big boys' with huge cheque books who had won all the domestic trophies for the last 10 years. That is simply not true.
So out of the 30, 26 have been won by the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. 3 have been won by Woolwich
And the one that defeats my argument completely is Leicester, which pretty much everyone on the planet accepts as a freak occurrence.

But supporting my theory to an extent they came from nowhere courtesy of a large cash injection from a foreign owner.

Yep, that's my argument shot to bits

So you agree they had more investment

Bingo!

Where we disagree is that I think Poch and the players over achieved, on less investment than the others, whereas you think our squad was already better than theirs and even without their level of investment we under achieved.

You see, there's no need for all the bitterness and abuse. There's always some common ground if we're prepared to look for it.

:dierpochhug:

I’m a cunt John don’t take it to heart, I don’t mean half the stuff I say, I think you’re a good fan of this club

They are good enough but they aren’t playing for the current manager anymore.

It’s not impossible that some players would commit to say, Allegri, that won’t commit to Poch.

You seem happy for another 5 year plan, and starting from day one where we was five years ago?

What makes you think we will win stuff with Eriksens replacement when we couldn’t win stuff with Eriksen at his best?

What makes you think Allegri would be better than Pochettino?

Winning the league with Juve is like winning it with Bayern, PSG or Celtic - they are by far the dominant team in their league. Conte did all the hardwork getting them to the right level.

His league with Milan was virtually by default, Juve were waiting for Conte and Inter fucked around changing managers between Mourinho, Benitez and Leonardo.

What makes you think Allegri would be better than Pochettino?

Winning the league with Juve is like winning it with Bayern, PSG or Celtic - they are by far the dominant team in their league. Conte did all the hardwork getting them to the right level.

His league with Milan was virtually by default, Juve were waiting for Conte and Inter fucked around changing managers between Mourinho, Benitez and Leonardo.
Just a simple example, it could have been anyone.
Point wasn’t who, it was about how the players might respond to someone else

I’m a cunt John don’t take it to heart, I don’t mean half the stuff I say, I think you’re a good fan of this club
I'm a cunt too Sammy. I'm sorry I called you Pinnochio.

giphy.gif

To me the options regarding Poch's future are these, in chronological order :

1) Daniel has decided we are on a slippery slope and gets rid of Poch before Christmas in order to allow his replacement be appointed and have money made available for the January window.
2). Daniel let's the situation continue and gives Poch more funds in January to try and remedy our current squad problems and shortages.
3). Option 2 is taken and the green shoots of recovery are clearly visible late Jan/Feb. Peace is returned to the dressing room. All is well. Poch stays.
4). Option 2 is taken and the slide continues. Daniel bitterly rues giving Poch more money and sacks him early Spring. New manager appointed to try and save the season plus plan and prepare for a complete rebuild come the Summer.

Whatever happens it's going to be a very eventful Winter :thumbup:
Anybody think of other options ?

If we lose to Watford at home hes a goner IMO. He has to show some signs of recovery.

Back
Top Bottom