Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
The benefit of not distancing yourself from your enemies is to allow yourself to be more aware of their actions and intentions and thereby being able to react quicker.
Therefore surely it would have been prudent to allow Hitlers’ armies to to occupy Southern England up to say - the Old Kent Road? It’s just nonsense. If your enemies are the other side of a tricky deep water channel, there’s no need for speedy reaction at the expense of territory lost. I’m guessing old Sun Tzu didn’t live on an island.

I don’t want my enemies sleeping in the hall. Not that I’ve got any, but you get the picture.

That wasn't a discussion it was a two way spat that had been gone over more times than a dead rabbit in the road. There was no need for fresh posts, all you had to do was cut and paste from previous entries. It was going nowhere Sammy, neither of you were getting anywhere, just filling up page after page with your personal argument.

A personal argument about Spurs though not some discussion about keeping your enemies close from the Ming Dynasty.

Or a discussion about how my discussion wasn’t a discussion....

But knock yourselves out, it’s much better now

A personal argument about Spurs though not some discussion about keeping your enemies close from the Ming Dynasty.

Or a discussion about how my discussion wasn’t a discussion....

But knock yourselves out, it’s much better now
The reference was regarding the relationship between Levy and Poch not being as friendly as people may think just because they appeared smiling and 'close' on a picture.
As far as the "non-discussion" is concerned why not send John Thomas yet another 'invite' to provide information regarding naming players and start the ball rolling again. I can always scroll through the thread to the interesting bits. To use the term you so eloquently provided 'knock yourself out'. :thumbup:

The best season of the Pochettino era thus far was undoubtedly the final season at WHL.Remember the way we blew Man City away with the high energy ,aggressive press? So many other games that season were also a joy to watch,Everton,Man Utd,Scum etc.That was achieved with a young,hungry team who were prepared to walk through walks to satisfy their manager.Sadly those same players have aged,perhaps grown cynical and are no longer willing/able to play with this intensity.Though even as performances have dropped off since that season we have still managed 3rd & 4th place finishes and reached a CL final.Not too shabby,is it?The lack of transfer activity both in and out has undoubtedly come back to bite us and the team have looked stale for some time (those epic CL nights aside) But I think Pochettinos record demands respect and should afford him more time to sort things out,certainly the rest of this season at least.Lets get Sess & Lo Celso fit and firing,Ndombele fully up to speed,get shot of Eriksen and one or two others in January and get one or two in (hopefully Fernandes).
That said I think myself and many more on here (Mrs P,Nutter Naylor,Tottenham Sean etc etc) are not obsessed by our success or lack of-we are Tottenham,we have always been Tottenham and we always will be.COYS!!!

Therefore surely it would have been prudent to allow Hitlers’ armies to to occupy Southern England up to say - the Old Kent Road? It’s just nonsense. If your enemies are the other side of a tricky deep water channel, there’s no need for speedy reaction at the expense of territory lost. I’m guessing old Sun Tzu didn’t live on an island.

I don’t want my enemies sleeping in the hall. Not that I’ve got any, but you get the picture.

Think you're taking the term 'close' a bit literally there with Nazis goose stepping up the Old Kent Road :roflmao:. You do make me smile with your witty and pithy ripostes . I'm sure both ourselves and Germany had a spy network that stayed extremely friendly and 'close' to potential sources of critical information during the war in order to try and gain an advantage.
I envy you not having any enemies, wish I could say the same. :thumbup:

Think you're taking the term 'close' a bit literally there with Nazis goose stepping up the Old Kent Road :roflmao:. You do make me smile with your witty and pithy ripostes . I'm sure both ourselves and Germany had a spy network that stayed extremely friendly and 'close' to potential sources of critical information during the war in order to try and gain an advantage.
I envy you not having any enemies, wish I could say the same. :thumbup:
Germany’s spy net work was a joke. Their hapless spies were rounded up in short order, and we only had the heart to shoot a few of them. I refer you to Ben Mackintyre’s ‘The Spy and the Traitor’.

That wasn't a discussion it was a two way spat that had been gone over more times than a dead rabbit in the road. There was no need for fresh posts, all you had to do was cut and paste from previous entries. It was going nowhere Sammy, neither of you were getting anywhere, just filling up page after page with your personal argument.
welcome to the world that has Sammy in it
no dead body too malodorous to dig up and give a good airing to

Borodin explained it to you, my explanation is the same as his.
You must have led a blameless life where you never had enemies that you had to do this to
Well probably not blameless, but I’ve never shat on my mates, I’ve never gone after a woman who was in a relationship, and I’ve never forgotten to send my mum and dad a birthday card.

Why would you have enemies? You seem a pretty reasonable bloke to me.
Oh I am a 'reasonable' guy but sometimes in life you bump into others who are not and only understand physical confrontation. If I've learnt one thing in my time it's never pick a fight with a stranger and it's a lesson that I have sadly had to teach others over the years. Nuff said.....let's move on :thumbup:. I'm too old for such matters now 😎
:coys:

Oh I am a 'reasonable' guy but sometimes in life you bump into others who are not and only understand physical confrontation. If I've learnt one thing in my time it's never pick a fight with a stranger and it's a lesson that I have sadly had to teach others over the years. Nuff said.....let's move on :thumbup:. I'm too old for such matters now 😎
:coys:
Kick ‘em just below the knee, smack ‘em as their head goes down, and then run like fuck.

(This method only works if you can run).

Peace be with you.

Kick ‘em just below the knee, smack ‘em as their head goes down, and then run like fuck.

(This method only works if you can run).

Peace be with you.
Ahhh the good old one to one confrontation, standing toe to toe. Not that lucky with some of my business adversaries who used a more 'professional' approach. Anyway, all a long time ago when I was young and a little foolhardy. Now I direct my energies towards rugby, football, hurling, drinking Guinness and enjoying the craic here and in the pub. :thumbup: ;). Still have some phone numbers though just in case :roflmao:
Peace be with you too.

Last edited:
I'd rather cheer them on for trying than bemoan players like Eriksen for simply switching off. If we do go down the league table this season let's at least do it kicking and scratching rather than with a whimper and a shrug of the shoulders.
You're right but if we do end up mid table, or worse, the offers are going to start coming in for Kane, Son et al. I don't think Levy is capable of refusing a huge offer so our downward spiral could continue. For me, this is a worrisome scenario.

Back
Top Bottom