Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane has never been the same player since he did his ankle at Bournemouth in March 2018. He was rushed back with indecent haste for a crunch FA Cup semi final against Man U (which predictably enough we lost from a goal up) and then a World Cup that summer.

Obviously hope I’m wrong, but I suspect his best days are a good way behind him now.
This is it.

His technique is still there, but the intensity, fire and edge has gone.

Poch can't ignore it anymore.

Edit: Also, my guess is HE pushed to come back early, promising he was good-to-go when he never was.

This is it.

His technique is still there, but the intensity, fire and edge has gone.

Poch can't ignore it anymore.

Edit: Also, my guess is HE pushed to come back early, promising he was good-to-go when he never was.
If the fans could spot he wasn't fit, the coaching and medical staff should have been able to.

Players always say they're OK to play - it is the responsibility of the manager to MANAGE his players and tell them to sit out games vs minnows and recover fully instead of rushing back to steal Eriksen's goals in order to beat Salah to the golden boot... FFS.

Why is he playing 90 minutes of every game regardless? Looked useless today but still played the full game for literally no reason instead of putting Son up top and Moura on for Kane.

If the fans could spot he wasn't fit, the coaching and medical staff should have been able to.

Players always say they're OK to play - it is the responsibility of the manager to MANAGE his players and tell them to sit out games vs minnows and recover fully instead of rushing back to steal Eriksen's goals in order to beat Salah to the golden boot... FFS.

Why is he playing 90 minutes of every game regardless? Looked useless today but still played the full game for literally no reason instead of putting Son up top and Moura on for Kane.
He's one of poch's favs and - I'm guessing - has also still got 'credit in the bank' for all the times he's pulled us out of trouble and led us to wins.

His ability is also unquestionable, so poch has been just hoping he snatches goals, regardless of the fact he can't sprint properly anymore, which was a key factor in allowing all that ability to come through and explode as it used to.

If poch wants to save his job he has to accept Kane's limitations, now, and be strong enough to use him in a cleverer way/bench him when necessary.

There is no way around this.

Kane's lack of speed and intensity is a huge deficit for us come matchday.

He's a Demi-God and we all love him, but this, along with 2 or 3 other key elements, has to be accepted for us to be able to cohere properly and regain our intensity as a unit.

One of the few players i'm not at all worried about.

He's being dragged into a shit storm but will lead us out of this.

Poch needs to support him with players that care

He's one of poch's favs and - I'm guessing - has also still got 'credit in the bank' for all the times he's pulled us out of trouble and led us to wins.

His ability is also unquestionable, so poch has been just hoping he snatches goals, regardless of the fact he can't sprint properly anymore, which was a key factor in allowing all that ability to come through and explode as it used to.

If poch wants to save his job he has to accept Kane's limitations, now, and be strong enough to use him in a cleverer way/bench him when necessary.

There is no way around this.

Kane's lack of speed and intensity is a huge deficit for us come matchday.

He's a Demi-God and we all love him, but this, along with 2 or 3 other key elements, has to be accepted for us to be able to cohere properly and regain our intensity as a unit.

Would you have started him today?

And who rushed him back? Pochettino. And then again for the match agains Wolves in january, and then again for the UCL final.

I really lost faith in Pochettino after the European Cup final. I was quietly confident in the build up to that final we would win. It just had the feel of one of those name on the Cup runs to the final. As soon as he selected Kane, I knew we were fucked. Kane is not one of those players who can instantly slot back in. He has always needed a run of games to find form. I’ve no doubt Kane was in his ear, but that’s where a manager has to be strong and earn his corn.

That final seems like a real watershed moment. Losing it hit Pochettino hard and his heart hasn’t seemed in it since.

I really lost faith in Pochettino after the European Cup final. I was quietly confident in the build up to that final we would win. It just had the feel of one of those name on the Cup runs to the final. As soon as he selected Kane, I knew we were fucked. Kane is not one of those players who can instantly slot back in. He has always needed a run of games to find form. I’ve no doubt Kane was in his ear, but that’s where a manager has to be strong and earn his corn.

That final seems like a real watershed moment. Losing it hit Pochettino hard and his heart hasn’t seemed in it since.
I believe so. But that had already happened back in january when Kane rushed back after injury just to see us lose to Wolves after a very good run of games without him. That alone probably disrupted the squad a bit, but Pochettino decided to do that again, and in our most inportant game in decades. Probably he felt It, but the players felt even more, and the fact that's Kane that demands attitude from other players now isn't a coincidence, he's probably the only one that stills gives Poch credit.

I believe so. But that had already happened back in january when Kane rushed back after injury just to see us lose to Wolves after a very good run of games without him. That alone probably disrupted the squad a bit, but Pochettino decided to do that again, and in our most inportant game in decades. Probably he felt It, but the players felt even more, and the fact that's Kane that demands attitude from other players now isn't a coincidence, he's probably the only one that stills gives Poch credit.

One jibe we’re forever hearing is how we’re a better team without Harry. There is a ring of truth in it though. We’re a better team with a firing Harry as that Harry is a world class striker. Any team worth it’s salt gets over to some extent for a period of time, the loss of one player, even a talisman. Every time Harry has got injured (usually the ankle), there was this blind panic to get him back as soon as possible when he was nowhere near ready or fit and invariably form and results suffered playing a not fit player. Think we’re paying for that big time now.

I’m worried about the situation now though. He had a long and much needed and overdue break over the summer and I has really hoped it was the chance for the ankle to heal properly and come back firing on all cylinders. I’m becoming increasingly pessimistic we’ll see that beast again.

The real sin was starting Alli over Moura in that final

Find it impossible to forgive poch for that.

Was just so wrong on Lucas. Not only was it shit management, it was just an awful thing to do.

Ah yes I remember now....

So.... Drop him for BM.. Play him as #10 vs Brighton.... Do you not think that by doing so you're asking for him to get about the pitch even more?

Are the any occasions when you'd play him as a ST anymore?

Ah yes I remember now....

So.... Drop him for BM.. Play him as #10 vs Brighton.... Do you not think that by doing so you're asking for him to get about the pitch even more?

Are the any occasions when you'd play him as a ST anymore?

Son, Moura and Lamela in the attacking 4 would have been a decent buffer for his lack of intensity and better equipped to compensate.

It also shifts him off the front line which, for me, is so vital for the press, as you have to have someone fierce up there to establish and maintain the tone every time they regain possession deep.

Moura and Lamela drop when we defend and we become 4411 with Harry floating as an outlet on counter with Son beyond him with pace to hurt last man/men.

I don't think there's a need to start H at ST anymore, as his game has naturally encourporated dropping more to help develop and we should try and use that to resolve this issue and just start him there.

His passing is fantastic, his vision is great, he can develop behind the line instead of goal-hanging for the ball that never comes and we can probably get much more out of him on the whole.

I just cannot bare watching him desperately jog up to defenders, they casually pass it by him and then he gives up and reduces jog to a walk.

It's just not sustainable imo.

It has to be a mix of the above and resting him to try and maximise his output.

Flogging him up top when he's only up to half the job required is nonsensical.

This issue won't go away, it has to be fixed.

I'd be delighted for Harry to shit on this post by turning it on again, like he used to; but I just can't see it.

I hope its just temporary, or a result of the team being bad....but he just doesnt look the same...looks a yard slower.....my fear is its all those injuries taking their toll............with modern technology I wonder if they couldn't literally measure his speed, speed of turn etc and actually verify it?

“We’ve had meetings about it [racist abuse from the crowd] and we’ve touched base on how to deal with the situation,” Abraham said. “Harry Kane even said that if it happens and we’re not happy with it, we all come off the pitch together.

But apparently Kane isn't a leader because he claimed a goal he scored.

“We’ve had meetings about it [racist abuse from the crowd] and we’ve touched base on how to deal with the situation,” Abraham said. “Harry Kane even said that if it happens and we’re not happy with it, we all come off the pitch together.

But apparently Kane isn't a leader because he claimed a goal he scored.
Yup, and apparently we should leave Hugo as Captain because there's no benefit and it would only upset Hugo.

Sell Eriksen. little cunt he has been.
Sell Kane. Now is the time. Get the most out of him when we can, before he starts asking to leave.
I can see us falling apart. Something needs to be done. I don't believe its Poch's fault.
He did well for 2 years without buying anyone. We just need fresh players that are hungry and want to prove something in the league.

Back
Top Bottom