Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah...can't see him buying into another Poch rebuild/project. If Spurs don't give him a new manager then he'll go and find one.....in my opinion. We shall agree to differ :thumbup:

You not think you're applying a certain amount of creative license there though....?

Earlier you spoke of Poch's "5 year plan"; any talk of 5 years came from the board and was about arriving in the new stadium with CL footy and team to match (delivered); it had nothing to do with any pledge from Poch to win stuff.... be it to Harry or anyone else.

Harry wasn't even in the team when Poch took over, so I don't understand what you mean by him buying into another Poch rebuild either.

You not think you're applying a certain amount of creative license there though....?

Earlier you spoke of Poch's "5 year plan"; any talk of 5 years came from the board and was about arriving in the new stadium with CL footy and team to match (delivered); it had nothing to do with any pledge from Poch to win stuff.... be it to Harry or anyone else.

Harry wasn't even in the team when Poch took over, so I don't understand what you mean by him buying into another Poch rebuild either.
Ok...creative license duly used. I just don't think Harry is prepared to give Poch another chance at having a couple of seasons to turn things around. Time,as they say, will tell, but if Poch is still here next season I don't expect Harry to be as well. How's that ?

Ok...creative license duly used. I just don't think Harry is prepared to give Poch another chance at having a couple of seasons to turn things around. Time,as they say, will tell, but if Poch is still here next season I don't expect Harry to be as well.

....But this is where I'm coming from. What are you basing this on?

Where does the idea that we'll be in the wilderness for 2 years come from?

If Poch is shite then the squad shouldn't need major surgery...? If the squad is shit then why get rid of Poch (or similarly, why would Kane have an issue with him)?

The one thing we do know is that Harry thinks "WE don't learn from our mistakes"; if anything it sounds like he'd be more likely to be aggrieved with his colleagues to me.

How's that ?

I'm good either way.... Just trying to talk you away from the ledge, mate. :)

Last edited:
....But this is where I'm coming from. What are you basing this on?

Where does the idea that we'll be in the wilderness for 2 years come from?

If Poch is shite then the squad shouldn't need major surgery...? If the squad is shit then why get rid of Poch (or similarly, why would Kane have an issue with him)?

The one thing we do know is that Harry thinks "WE don't learn from our mistakes"; sounds like he's more likely to be aggrieved with his colleagues to me.

I'm good either way.... Just trying to talk you away from the ledge, mate. :)
Poch said about using January transfer window to start the rebuild ..
"Only we need time. January is going to be a good opportunity too to fix this situation and the next one. That is the problem when something happens that you cannot control.

Levy says no spending spree...
“We could have easily spent more money on players. Who knows if that would have bought us more success or not. The right approach is to build from the bottom up. There is no quick fix to becoming a much more significant global club.”

Now that to me suggests the two are on a collision course come Christmas. Irresistible force and immovable object. I don't think Harry will stay unless he sees some real changes to the squad to indicate the club's genuine commitment to be title contenders and you won't see that if Poch stays because Levy won't give him any money. Anybody new will demand a transfer fund and unless Levy coughs up we'll end up with a 'soft' option like Howe or Potter.
It's a real puzzler how it will all turn out but I just don't think Harry is prepared to give much more time to the problem. I don't blame him, if I were in his boots I'd probably do the same. Only my opinion but as I said...we'll find out soon enough.

"Only we need time. January is going to be a good opportunity too to fix this situation and the next one. That is the problem when something happens that you cannot control.

He alludes to starting over the next TWO windows in your quote. Suggests a more gradual process to me.

“We could have easily spent more money on players. Who knows if that would have bought us more success or not. The right approach is to build from the bottom up. There is no quick fix to becoming a much more significant global club.”

Actually Borodin says "no spending spree".... Doesn't mean that we won't make moves to address the weaknesses we have.

Now that to me suggests the two are on a collision course come Christmas. Irresistible force and immovable object. I don't think Harry will stay unless he sees some real changes to the squad to indicate the club's genuine commitment to be title contenders and you won't see that if Poch stays because Levy won't give him any money. Anybody new will demand a transfer fund and unless Levy coughs up we'll end up with a 'soft' option like Howe or Potter.
It's a real puzzler how it will all turn out but I just don't think Harry is prepared to give much more time to the problem. I don't blame him, if I were in his boots I'd probably do the same. Only my opinion but as I said...we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not sure any of this really answers my questions tho'..... "2 years", assumptions about Harry's mindset etc. and as I said if the squad's so bad, then why ditch Poch?

I'm exhausted; I give up... Spook yourself if you must, but be safe, fella. :dierpochhug:

He alludes to starting over the next TWO windows in your quote. Suggests a more gradual process to me.

Actually Borodin says "no spending spree".... Doesn't mean that we won't make moves to address the weaknesses we have.

I'm not sure any of this really answers my questions tho'..... "2 years", assumptions about Harry's mindset etc. and as I said if the squad's so bad, then why ditch Poch?

I'm exhausted; I give up... Spook yourself if you must, but be safe, fella. :dierpochhug:
Trouble is, I'm retired my mate, and there's a hurricane blowing outside. I've too much time on my hands in the Winter. I guess I'm just imagining what I would be doing if I were in Harry's shoes. I obviously hope he stays but would totally understand if he decided to leave.
Take care.... :thumbup:

Ok...creative license duly used. I just don't think Harry is prepared to give Poch another chance at having a couple of seasons to turn things around. Time,as they say, will tell, but if Poch is still here next season I don't expect Harry to be as well. How's that ?
Id think it would be a greater motivation for Harry to leave if the 'project' is finished and Poch leaves and big changes are happening

My beef with Poch is that he seems to be the only manager who gets irate with a lack of spending funds. Every manager or at least most in the league get told that there is only so much. Man U wanted Longstaff in the summer, Woolwich wanted Zaha, Man City didn't fork out for a Kompany replacement because Pep said there wasn't enough funds to do so. Klopp spent £1.7m this summer, £1.7m!!!

It bothers me that Poch took the job, knew the situation with the stadium when he took the job and instead of having a can do attitude and rolling with it, falling back on guile in market by unearthing a few gems (there have been LOADS that have slipped past us under Poch) he throws a wobbly and shows defeatism. He hung his dirty laundry out to save his reputation at the expense of the club and whilst I am back Poch at present he's pressed the self destruct button a fair few times when it comes to the feeling we can have towards him.

He talks about a project, gets Kane to sign a new 5 year contract and then a few months later says he would have left if we had won the Champions League. How can he not expect a disillusioned changing room when players commit half of their careers to it only for him to say he might just walk. It's been stupid an drew reckless and for me completely unnecessary. For me he's fucked up as much as Danny Rose has in how he goes about his business in the press. He's the 2nd highest paid manager in the league, it's time he respects how much we pay him to represent us!

Last edited:

There won’t be rebuilding in January, it’s never the best time for any club let alone tight fisted Levy.
Harry won’t go.
But if it’s true Poch expects new players in Jan , he will be disappointed and naive to think so. If anything Levy would sell out ofcontract players if any offers just like he sold Dembele last Jan,

Not right at the moment.
I’m now firmly on the Kane looks fucked train. There’s tactical considerations then there’s just him not moving, making runs, getting shots off. He’s not even dropping deep and providing as a 10.

I don’t think he’s done or anything but he just always looks like he ran a marathon before every match.

There won’t be rebuilding in January, it’s never the best time for any club let alone tight fisted Levy.
Harry won’t go.
But if it’s true Poch expects new players in Jan , he will be disappointed and naive to think so. If anything Levy would sell out ofcontract players if any offers just like he sold Dembele last Jan,
Thats why we need to plan what we want prior to January and they bid for the player in January to conclude the transfer in July. We seem to think we can only go for a player on the last day of the transfer window rather than steal a march on teams.

But we need a fucking lift right now.

I’m now firmly on the Kane looks fucked train. There’s tactical considerations then there’s just him not moving, making runs, getting shots off. He’s not even dropping deep and providing as a 10.

I don’t think he’s done or anything but he just always looks like he ran a marathon before every match.
Elephant in the room.

Kane has never been the same player since he did his ankle at Bournemouth in March 2018. He was rushed back with indecent haste for a crunch FA Cup semi final against Man U (which predictably enough we lost from a goal up) and then a World Cup that summer.

Obviously hope I’m wrong, but I suspect his best days are a good way behind him now.

I do notice that he grabs at his ankle every time he gets taken down. Don't know if it just an act or if it is a real sore one.

That being said, no striker would have made things happen today. The team was awful.

Kane has never been the same player since he did his ankle at Bournemouth in March 2018. He was rushed back with indecent haste for a crunch FA Cup semi final against Man U (which predictably enough we lost from a goal up) and then a World Cup that summer.

Obviously hope I’m wrong, but I suspect his best days are a good way behind him now.
And who rushed him back? Pochettino. And then again for the match agains Wolves in january, and then again for the UCL final.

Back
Top Bottom