Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He knows he can't afford to risk losing possession because we don't trust the midfield to recover it

It is a very strange one with Dele. When he first came to the club he was a revelation and he clearly has ability which doesn’t just disappear overnight. The question is will he ever get back to the heights of a few seasons back? He used to try outrageous flicks and tricks which when they came off made him look like a world beater and bought him some space and time . I think unfortunately slowly over time defenders have worked him out and his flicks have become less effective.

I think the problem as much as anything is a complete lack of pace because when a trick does come off it only buys him a momentary bit of space before defenders catch up with him again and I think that lack of pace plays on his mind. I remember him (and Eriksen) having a couple of one on ones with the keeper last year against Man Utd at Wembley with defenders catching up fast with him, and De Gea saved because Ali (and Eriksen) had to rush the shot because of this lack of pace.

Whilst it is difficult to improve the pace of a player, someone who is not naturally quick has to be on his toes and sharp and since he has come back from injury he has looked anything but that. I dearly hope I am wrong and I know he is still young but I think we may have seen the best of him in the modern game played increasingly by rapid athletes. Time will tell

I'm another who is surprised by the level of vitriol aimed towards Dele this morning. I thought he had a decent game. His flair started to show again last night. Certainly in the first half an hour. I thought he was well on it. Decent touch and close control, little first time lay offs etc.

I'm another who is surprised by the level of vitriol aimed towards Dele this morning. I thought he had a decent game. His flair started to show again last night. Certainly in the first half an hour. I thought he was well on it. Decent touch and close control, little first time lay offs etc.

Certainly looked worse when he came off.

Might be because he was laughing with the ex-gooner that banged in 4 against us on the pitch after the game.

Lo Celso can’t come back soon enough to put some heat on him

Think it's easy to slag him off as he just seems like a very unlikeable person. Can you blame someone for not being match fit considering the past 6 months he's had? Not really. Too soon to judge him.

Well maybe he shouldn't be having a laugh with the scum after suffering the most humiliating defeat an english team had ever had on home soil and act as if he's got some pride ffs

Might be because he was laughing with the ex-gooner that banged in 4 against us on the pitch after the game.
No, he was actually hopeless. He was walking around the place after 10 or 15 mins. His first touch was poor, his decision-making and execution were generally poor. He has a horrible tendency to slow everything down by taking too many touches/not having a good game picture/not wanting to use his left foot for all the tea in China.

He's coasting. Too many off field distraction, playing in champs league and for England, he's taken his foot of the pedal.

If he wants to waste his career then I would rather he does it in another teams shirt, the laughing at the final whistle shows his poor mentality. Does not deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up.

He's still being played out of position. He's not a Left Inside Forward- he's only a CAM, but a damn good one when in form. Poch seems to only want to play him out of position, which is just stupid. If Poch keeps up with this we won't even be able to sell him for a healthy profit (if we wanted to).

He is been left out the national team.

Apparently he didn't show much emotion after the loss on Tuesday and was chatting and laughing with Gnarby ...

A lot happened to this guy since the £100k plus contract, nothing on the football pitch though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom