Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele can come again imo but can't remember the last time he played well to be honest.

His last proper game? Away at Woolwich in the Carabao Cup when he scored that blinder, got a bottle thrown at him and wound the crowd up. Don't tame a beast that performs best when he isn't tamed. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's Poch that's taming him or if he's just become a bit pussy whipped or big for his boots.

That young, fiery young Dele we saw the first couple of seasons was one of my favourite ever Premier League players to come onto the scene. I miss that hungry, snarling, fired up shithouse killer of a player with ballerina feet and a point to prove. If he has no fire in him he may as well be a passenger on that pitch. If it's gone it's a shame but if it is he should go too.

That Dele we all saw was fucking fantastic wasn't he? So much passion and desire to win. What's happened to the guy? What a shame because the longer it goes on, the more I doubt we'll see that kid again.

I miss the precocious cunt that riled the opp and and scored 20 goals a season.

He’ll be back, injures have taken their toll, poch is gradually and carefully bringing him back in.

*Similarly with Dier.

Dele can come again imo but can't remember the last time he played well to be honest.

He got three assists away at Ajax, for some reason this is forgotten.

Dele just needs to get fit. For someone so young he has started an insane number of matches for club and country, when he was 19 he was starting every single game for 3 seasons at a CL club with a physically demanding manager, plus playing for his national team. Last season he paid the price for that with a recurring hamstring injury and it's still lingering.

His numbers speak for themselves, he doesn't have to prove his talent. He just needs to refresh himself. Dele needs to feel free to attack the game and get stuck in, the half-fit version we saw last season was not the real Dele. If we are patient with him I have no doubt he will be back to his best in the near future.

What happened to him and Diers love affair? Have seen a couple theories that he has been pulled off social because of his head being too big, but it is weird not seeing the free Dele of the past that would be egging people on and Tottenham documenting every second of it.

Has anything been said about this...like concrete evidence?

What happened to him and Diers love affair? Have seen a couple theories that he has been pulled off social because of his head being too big, but it is weird not seeing the free Dele of the past that would be egging people on and Tottenham documenting every second of it.

Has anything been said about this...like concrete evidence?

I think Dele is only happy when he is fit and playing well. He’s not going to be the same cheeky chappie when he’s barely involved in the matches and spending all his time in the treatment room. I’m sure it’s killing him seeing the way the team is performing and knowing that he is so far off his best level as well.

I think Dele is only happy when he is fit and playing well. He’s not going to be the same cheeky chappie when he’s barely involved in the matches and spending all his time in the treatment room. I’m sure it’s killing him seeing the way the team is performing and knowing that he is so far off his best level as well.
There’s always fortnight

Back
Top Bottom