Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just want to see him holding onto the ball, winning free kicks, mugging players off. He seems so low on confidence in doing what makes him what he is. Either that or it's getting drilled out of him which would be hugely sad to see.

I want to see him love the game again. Everything seems too much hard work for him at the moment is that possibly down to our midfield not getting the ball to him or retaining it enough. I'd be interested to see our possession stats back when he was class compared to the other ordinary player performances we are seeing at the moment.

The kid oozes all of the good stuff but it's dried up. Very sad to see

Last edited:
As the team strives for perfection we see less and less risks being taken. Not sure if this is due to players wanting to keep their spot or tactics. But either way I'd love to see Dele get tricky again. Sideways passing gets boring quick and bus parkers love it.

He's playing shit and has been for ages. I was desperate for us to sign Bruno Fernandes in the transfer window as an (effective) replacement for Dele.
If Bruno had joined he'd have had his appendix out and his left peg in a splint in the first week. I sometimes wonder if our medical team is being run by Annie Wilkes and Dr Heiter.

As the team strives for perfection we see less and less risks being taken. Not sure if this is due to players wanting to keep their spot or tactics. But either way I'd love to see Dele get tricky again. Sideways passing gets boring quick and bus parkers love it.

His role is non existent.
You could literally put Gazaniga there and have him do it.

I’m putting his plight 50/50 on himself and Poch because the manager is destroying our best players, but the effort is still not there from them.

Dele would not be playing like this under Klopp and sadly I think the day will come where that’s exactly who he will be playing under.
It really feels like save the squad or keep the manager.

This team is done.

His role is non existent.
You could literally put Gazaniga there and have him do it.

I’m putting his plight 50/50 on himself and Poch because the manager is destroying our best players, but the effort is still not there from them.

Dele would not be playing like this under Klopp and sadly I think the day will come where that’s exactly who he will be playing under.
It really feels like save the squad or keep the manager.

This team is done.
[/QUOT

Sammy you need a trip come to Jamaica we can hit the beach pick up some girls and smoke a spliff because you sound depressed as fuck

Learn to quote.....

As I’ve told others, football is not life. I’m not depressed by it, I’m bored by it.

I’ve got the only woman I’ll ever need thanks, and weed is a shit drug that destroys lives while immature people still think it’s cool.

But that was a great defence of Dele Alli.
Well done.

Learn to quote.....

As I’ve told others, football is not life. I’m not depressed by it, I’m bored by it.

I’ve got the only woman I’ll ever need thanks, and weed is a shit drug that destroys lives while immature people still think it’s cool.

But that was a great defence of Dele Alli.
Well done.

See thats your problem everything i said you actually took seriously , the great defense for Alli is he gets injured everytime he tries to regain form, and if you are so bored of football why are you on this forum in the first place.

See thats your problem everything i said you actually took seriously , the great defense for Alli is he gets injured everytime he tries to regain form, and if you are so bored of football why are you on this forum in the first place.

I’m not bored of football, I’m bored of the way Spurs play football and I’d like it to change.

So I discuss that on a Tottenham forum.

Weird huh

Last edited:
the great defense for Alli is he gets injured everytime he tries to regain form
And this is bollocks. Dele played 38 games last season despite people trying to paint a picture of someone who missed 85% of it with two broken legs.

What, he couldn’t find form somewhere in there?
Was it not enough time for him to find form when he played 8 or 9 games on the spin?

Because others in the squad can play well and be dropped after one game, so it’s actually not a defence of Dele in any capacity. He’s a pampered “luxury” player and if you’re 4-0 up against Oxford Utd then he can be quite entertaining, but anything else is quite literally like watching Acimovic prancing around being shit.

I've got a feeling he's lost his hunger and it ain't ever coming back. Sell him and insay that as one of his biggest fans.

I've watched him long and hard over the last year, the sparks gone
Or that he was a shit footballer to begin with that surprised the league like michael ricketts did and now everyone in the league has wised up to him he looks exactly what he is an overrated shit footballer

Don't agree with the above. Yes, he doesn't have the "unknown" anymore and the oppo seem to know how to both nullify & niggle him but I get the feeling that he's on Poch's naughty step, Given that its not due to contract rebellion (or is it - in Vincent Price accent ) maybe Poch thinks the same way. If that's the case, then it really is curtains. I'd like to think that he's young enough and good enough to re-invent himself a bit.

Back
Top Bottom