Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why did Poch start with him on Tuesday?
I don't remember him doing much defending. Lamela and Lucas better options or even Eriksen.
Fraud 😀

Last edited:
His head to me is not even in football anymore. Never really seems bothered. More interested in his fashion and instagram stories mixing with people in America
Quite possibly, he's lacking the aggression and desire that made him stand out, doesn't look as though he strikes fear into the oppo these days. He's also bulked up too much in his upper body (IMO) which is surely completely unhelpful for someone lacking in pace and athleticism, he should be working his legs and doing sprint drills...would love to see him back to his best.

I’d definitely be rotating them.
I’d rotate Dele with Moura, Lamela and Son too, and would have all season.
Back in the Autumn when I was saying Son deserves to start ahead of Dele, and used our CL games as evidence that we were more than capable of playing brilliantly with Dele on the bench, you were all about the disagrees weren’t you.
Son didn’t deserve to play then, but it’s ok if he plays NOW as long as Dele plays too.

Just thought I’d blow my own trumpet with a couple of posts from March 2018, a year and a half ago.

Glad you could all join me. Eventually

:adethumbup:

I see way too many one touch flicks from him now. It’s good football to do that on occasion, and he’s had some success in the past, but it now seems to be option one. He seems to be incapable of trapping, and issuing a quick pass any more.

Quite possibly, he's lacking the aggression and desire that made him stand out, doesn't look as though he strikes fear into the oppo these days. He's also bulked up too much in his upper body (IMO) which is surely completely unhelpful for someone lacking in pace and athleticism, he should be working his legs and doing sprint drills...would love to see him back to his best.
He looked whippet thin in pre-season training.

We need immature Dele back suckerpunching people on the pitch and getting in thier heads. That was the player I thought would be great if he could mature a bit... I was wrong because this Dele is worrying. I don't know if it's the hamstring injuries or like many mention his focus with social media and endorsments but he needs to show some passion out there.

That picture of Kane hits deep. Didn't expect us to win the final so that didn't hit that deep. But this? First time in a while I've been genuinely upset with the club.
Only so long Harry will lay there looking at the stars before he decides something needs to change.....if the club (that he loves) doesn’t change for him, then he will no doubt consider changing clubs......Kane is one of the good guys, and at the end of this season he will still have 4 years remaining, 2024, he is not a player who will run down to the last year of his contract and to get the maximum value for him he would in theory need to leave at the end of 21/22 season....

It sounds doom and gloom, but Sky decided to do a full on piece about that striker at Chelsea replacing Kane, right now they are not even in the same ball park but there was a time when people said that about Rooney & Kane....

Back
Top Bottom