Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What on earth has happened to this kid?

Such a special talent but whilst he's doing what he's doing he doesn't get anywhere near the first team. Poch made a massive mistake sticking him in tonight.

As it stands Skipp is closer to getting picked for first team action than Del is. He simply isn't doing enough to warrant a start and ultimately it is and will hurt the team. The kid is chasing shadows and is quickly slipping away from what he could and should be.

Something's seriously wrong and I hope he finds his way but the club comes first, he needs to sharpen up in training before getting anywhere minutes in the team anytime soon. Turgid, processed and completely lacks sparkle.

Last edited:
What on earth has happened to this kid?

Instagram girlfriend and advertising deals to get more famous, that's what's happened, if he wasn't a footballer he would probably be doing a reality TV show at this point.

Think he got too big too fast and instead of working harder for more he just settled for what he has, I don't see the hunger in him that he had when he joined us anymore sadly.

Deli will come good he has had injuries but deep down hes a fabulous player.

He's got magic in his feet but a head full of shit. If he doesn't buck his ideas up he will be long gone and remembered for nothing compared to what he should have been.

Two years ago I'd have built my future team around him, now he wouldn't even get on my bench. I hope those hours wasted playing Fortnite were worth it Del.

Whatever is up for him he needs to find a way of fixing it. The clock is ticking but where's that match winner gone? I miss his nutmegs and I miss seeing what was one of my favourite PL footballers or at least seeing that develop.

Was once like Ginola to me, now he's closer to Charlie Adam levels. Needs to find his rhythm or he'll end up having to find a new club, we can't carry passengers like Wembley are with him at present and nave been for a while now.

Last edited:
I saw a very competitive and ON Dele out there. I am not sure what the fuss is. He was active and linking up play nicely. He had some nice runs with the front three.

This defeat is down to what was behind the three up front. A really weak spine and two FBs that are not playable right now.

Yeah, today was a shower of shit, but I'm not sure wjy anybody should be singling Dele out today. Thought he played well.

I thought he tried but it was more like a boxer giving it his all who can't win. He's best whe he's doing his flicks but tonight he seemed to doubt it all. He needed that split second more to make his decision and when that happens he seriously lacks cohesion.

For me he needs to be the one that dares, he needs to be prepared to lose possession so that something comes off. There was a moment in the first half where he received the ball and Aurier was open. He controlled it, held the ball up, turned 180 and then passed to Serge into feet. The Dele of old would have flicked it, one touch first time back heel style hoping the run was made.

He's lost his nerve. He's struggling but he needs to fight and keep persisting with the thing that makes him him. I don't see that glint in his eye. I miss that cocky kid and another poster summed him up perfectly by putting him in the Bentley bracket. I think he likes to play fun football and all of this professional stuff that involves running around, chasing the opposition down etc bores him. He's a showboater and I don't mind that if he is, but whatever he's changed or the club has changed is killing off the thing that makes him who he is.

Sadly, even though I'm against it, I think a managerial change would do him good. He needs to play with colour,mat the moment it's just processed, bland, mass produced horsehit he's serving up. The kid needs his mojo back

I thought he tried but it was more like a boxer giving it his all who can't win. He's best whe he's doing his flicks but tonight he seemed to doubt it all. He needed that split second more to make his decision and when that happens he seriously lacks cohesion.

For me he needs to be the one that dares, he needs to be prepared to lose possession so that something comes off. There was a moment in the first half where he received the ball and Aurier was open. He controlled it, held the ball up, turned 180 and then passed to Serge into feet. The Dele of old would have flicked it, one touch first time back heel style hoping the run was made.

He's lost his nerve. He's struggling but he needs to fight and keep persisting with the thing that makes him him. I don't see that glint in his eye. I miss that cocky kid and another poster summed him up perfectly by putting him in the Bentley bracket. I think he likes to play fun football and all of this professional stuff that involves running around, chasing the opposition down etc bores him. He's a showboater and I don't mind that if he is, but whatever he's changed or the club has changed is killing off the thing that makes him who he is.

Sadly, even though I'm against it, I think a managerial change would do him good. He needs to play with colour,mat the moment it's just processed, bland, mass produced horsehit he's serving up. The kid needs his mojo back

I saw plenty of flare and looking forward to play the man through from him today. He was making runs behind the line and should have done better with that chance he did have. He was the best we have seen him in a long while and was definitely trying to create for his team.

I saw plenty of flare and looking forward to play the man through from him today. He was making runs behind the line and should have done better with that chance he did have. He was the best we have seen him in a long while and was definitely trying to create for his team.

I don't doubt his effort, the thing I doubt it the belief and energy that he has that just seems sapped from him at the moment.

He doesn't have that look about him that we saw a couple of years ago. That rage inside of him, that fist pumping, point to prove lion that developed. I think the kid got soft, got complacent, felt he made it and he's struggling to get that twinkle back. When he's up for it he's a joy to watch, when he isn't wihnit we may as well have ten men.

He tried but without belief he's half the player. He comes with more issues than he's worth at the moment and when the commentator said that it's been 16 games since his last goal it really didn't surprise me.

It's a tough one to call but the club comes first and Del doesn't offer enough to warrant a start at the moment. Once Lo Celso is back if Dele hasn't found his groove again he'll be seriously under the cosh.

Not his worst game by any means considering he has been out for ages, still pretty shit but we played shit for that second half so I wouldn't pinning him up as today's scapegoat.

I don't doubt his effort, the thing I doubt it the belief and energy that he has that just seems sapped from him at the moment.

He doesn't have that look about him that we saw a couple of years ago. That rage inside of him, that fist pumping, point to prove lion that developed. I think the kid got soft, got complacent, felt he made it and he's struggling to get that twinkle back. When he's up for it he's a joy to watch, when he isn't wihnit we may as well have ten men.

He tried but without belief he's half the player. He comes with more issues than he's worth at the moment and when the commentator said that it's been 16 games since his last goal it really didn't surprise me.

It's a tough one to call but the club comes first and Del doesn't offer enough to warrant a start at the moment. Once Lo Celso is back if Dele hasn't found his groove again he'll be seriously under the cosh.

I think you're spot on. When he was at his best he had a smile on his face and an infectious attitude. He was the kid of the team. Something's not there and he seems quite annoyed with himself.

Needs a lucky break to get up and running. I feel once he starts scoring again he won't stop.

Well, Lo celso should already be playing instead of Eriksen at that point...

He knows he can't afford to risk losing possession because we don't trust the midfield to recover it

Back
Top Bottom