Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will NEVER get a Trophy!

I honestly think they reckon they're now ABOVE the 'Carabo/League Cup' 'cos they've spent the last few years mixing it with 'the big boys'... but what they fail to realise is that in all the time we've mixed it with the big boys, we haven't won fuck... and yet a winnable competition that everyone else has tricked us into thinking they weren't taking seriously, is still one that Man CITY have won in successive seasons... THEY'RE taking it seriously, so why can't we?

Its the LEAGUE CUP ffs.... when did WE become above a Domestic Cup?

It's not like we've won anything ELSE in 20 years??

Still.... onto the Treble eh?

Our players need to take a serious look at themselves, and decide where their priorities lie...

I genuinely don't think they give two shits about the fans... we're SUCH an inconvenience to them with all our EXPECTATIONS!!
But surely the instruction would be: If you want to play CL and compete at the top level, then here's your chance to show me that you want something. Brush these guys aside and show me that you have the desire.

Response: to me, to you...whatcha listening to? Oh Airfixx playlist - nice. F*ck you Poch.

How quickly people forget! Ridiculous.
Disgusting if you ask me! Once you have experienced the highs of such a cup it must be hard to get motivation for a poxy league cup that let’s be honest we could win if we wanted to, but may as well let someone else have it :townhmm:

I surprises me that there's a question over this, the owners have only ever wanted a profitable business and that's been clear for years.
They don't care about trophies or being proven winners, they just want whatever brings in the most money. They're probably not bothered about this result because a mickey mouse cup run has very little financial gain and playing in one less competition makes it easier to focus on getting top 4 and CL football.
Whilst Poch is probably disappointed about the result on a personal level it may not do any damage on a professional one as I wouldn't be surprised if his only target from Levy is top 4. The fans are baying for his blood, but I reckon things are probably different behind the scenes.

We aren't getting top 4 at this rate, would be lucky to get top half Mandy, that's the issue.

But I agree with you, that is definitely ENIC and Levys goal, anyone who thinks otherwise has their eyes closed.

It's just business to them, that's it, always has been, always will be, which means we will always be in a healthy position financially but in terms of silverware will likely remain empty handed.

The last two transfer windows before this one really left us stale and buried the potential of this team to win a trophy imo, people can argue until they go blue in the face but I have no doubt whatsoever it played a huge part in our stagnation that we are seeing right now.

I personally don’t care at all about the League Cup. It should be done away with. The only reason to win it is to get people to stop talking about how Poch hasn’t won a trophy, since those people are always the same ones who think the League Cup matters.
Realistically are we going to win the PL or CL at the moment? No. Why should we ‘not care’ about the domestic cups. Poor mentality, these are the sort of cups we should be going for. Embarrassing night

Disgusting if you ask me! Once you have experienced the highs of such a cup it must be hard to get motivation for a poxy league cup that let’s be honest we could win if we wanted to, but may as well let someone else have it :townhmm:
I’ll never forget where I was that day! I was...somewhere, doing...something! Then I saw the glory. So shiny! So chrome!

Woeful but not surprising. I think it’s clear to see what Poch and Trippier have been dropping hints on. The whole place stinks at the moment. They’re just not turning up for their manager, nor is their manager turning up for them. The bubble had to burst when there hasn’t been enough recruitment and players wanting to leave. It’s all just got stale. Pathetic.

I'm still sickened by that fact. Not that we lost, because Liverpool was always the better team but the whole manner how we lost. No fight, no passion nothing. Literally gave the win to Liverpool.

And hey that's another something typically Poch. Unable to fire up the players. Doubt a manager like Antonio Conte would've accepted this from his players.

No; cos of course the chavs didn't hang him out to dry, did they????? :pochrolleyes:

Let’s be honest.. any other top 6 manager wins 4 out of 16, including 8 losses, would be sacked.

After just appearing in a CL final? Nope. I mean, SOME might. Woolwich certainly wouldn’t. It’s also not particularly fair to compare us to teams like City or Man U that have much higher turnover than we do.

I like that you have high expectations. But it’s also important to recognize where we are on the money side of things, since money buys the players.

Since beating Huddersfield 4-0 at the end of last season, we've won 4 out of 17 games.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend that, Poch is in deep trouble

Back
Top Bottom